Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What did you do to your 991 turbo today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 03:12 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,025 Likes on 3,062 Posts

2018... the drivers side has been patched 4 times, and I am going to the track for the first time in years, this September... seems like an appropriate time to swap in a set of new rears.

Only 19k kms on them...
Old 07-15-2021, 03:27 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,324 Posts

Yes, that's an early year date code for 2017, so they're 4.5 years old anyway. Sucks but at least you'll have fresh 2020-2021 date codes from here on out.
Old 07-15-2021, 03:44 PM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
2018... the drivers side has been patched 4 times, and I am going to the track for the first time in years, this September... seems like an appropriate time to swap in a set of new rears.

Only 19k kms on them...
That's pretty decent mileage on them and the tread still looks pretty good.
I know it sucks to get hit with that.
I had only 8K miles (about 12.8k kms) on my tires when I had to replace them but they were Pirelli's so I didn't feel too burdened putting a new set of PS4S on.
As you and others have said, these cars are magnets for screws, etc.
Old 07-15-2021, 04:15 PM
Rausky
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 41 Posts

I've read a few threads about 991.1 to 991.2 Steering wheel conversions, but they all seem to be from MF to MF. Is it possible to go from non-MF to MF?
Old 07-15-2021, 04:17 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vrybad
That's pretty decent mileage on them and the tread still looks pretty good.
I know it sucks to get hit with that.
I had only 8K miles (about 12.8k kms) on my tires when I had to replace them but they were Pirelli's so I didn't feel too burdened putting a new set of PS4S on.
As you and others have said, these cars are magnets for screws, etc.
Yeah, the drivers side one looks like a pin cushion...
Old 07-15-2021, 04:26 PM
ottodawg
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Rausky
I've read a few threads about 991.1 to 991.2 Steering wheel conversions, but they all seem to be from MF to MF. Is it possible to go from non-MF to MF?
I believe you need the code to activate MF when coming from a non-MF. From the adapter manufacturer website https://gpsadapter.us/pages/steering-wheel-type :

*Original with sport style steering wheel car upgrade multifunction steering wheel,need coding the vehicle steering control module from sport style wheel to multifunction,input "Multifunction enable code" activate MF by PIWIS. (If original equipped sport design steering wheel (With PDK shifts paddles version) and sport chrono package,no multifunction enable code needed).

Here's a thread on the subject: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9943...a-991-1-a.html

Last edited by ottodawg; 07-15-2021 at 04:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rausky (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 04:47 PM
Rausky
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ottodawg
I believe you need the code to activate MF when coming from a non-MF. From the adapter manufacturer website https://gpsadapter.us/pages/steering-wheel-type :

*Original with sport style steering wheel car upgrade multifunction steering wheel,need coding the vehicle steering control module from sport style wheel to multifunction,input "Multifunction enable code" activate MF by PIWIS. (If original equipped sport design steering wheel (With PDK shifts paddles version) and sport chrono package,no multifunction enable code needed).

Here's a thread on the subject: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9943...a-991-1-a.html
Perfect, thank you.
ottodawg (07-15-2021)
Old 07-16-2021, 10:39 AM
991TurboTim
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Didn't do it today (a few days ago) but listed it for sale. I already have sellers remorse and not sure I am going to be able to go through with selling.

Odd thing is prior to listing it I always thought "what am I doing with a $100K+ "toy?". I don't drive it that much, my wife isn't all that supportive of the car, don't hang out with a lot of car guys, although other people like the car, no one I hang out with cares if I drive a Yugo or Porsche, don't drive it really hard, and wonder is "it really worth having?"

But now it is listed for sale I think "I love this car". Love may be a bit strong but you all get the point.

TK
Mercuriell (07-16-2021)
Old 07-16-2021, 11:41 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991TurboTim

Odd thing is prior to listing it I always thought "what am I doing with a $100K+ "toy?". .

^^^ This is the biggest one that hit's me daily!!! For my profession / income level, I struggle with this all the time.
Fortunately my GF is very supportive of my passion and absolutely loves the cars and doesn't want me to ever get rid of it for something less expensive.

I'm sorry you seem to need to sell it brother. Hopefully you can work it out somehow to keep and enjoy it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Big Swole:
991TurboTim (07-16-2021), vrybad (07-16-2021)
Old 07-16-2021, 11:45 AM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Didn't do it today (a few days ago) but listed it for sale. I already have sellers remorse and not sure I am going to be able to go through with selling.

Odd thing is prior to listing it I always thought "what am I doing with a $100K+ "toy?". I don't drive it that much, my wife isn't all that supportive of the car, don't hang out with a lot of car guys, although other people like the car, no one I hang out with cares if I drive a Yugo or Porsche, don't drive it really hard, and wonder is "it really worth having?"

But now it is listed for sale I think "I love this car". Love may be a bit strong but you all get the point.

TK
I LOVE all my motors; I bought them because I wanted them, not because I need them - if something like that makes you happy, if you can afford it and it brings you pleasure when you drive it, keep it.

I may be a little jaded in that I keep stuff for a very long time and typically become very connected to whatever it may be.
Old 07-16-2021, 11:47 AM
stealthzr1
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

TK
im in the same boat. I listed mine a few days ago on a couple fb groups, I already am second guessing it and have been hesitant to list it on the forum for this reason. It’s hard to decide, prices are at a all time high but so is everything else.

Originally Posted by Big Swole
^^^ This is the biggest one that hit's me daily!!! For my profession / income level, I struggle with this all the time.
Fortunately my GF is very supportive of my passion and absolutely loves the cars and doesn't want me to ever get rid of it for something less expensive.

I'm sorry you seem to need to sell it brother. Hopefully you can work it out somehow to keep and enjoy it.
exact same with me. Thankfully the wife is supportive. I’ve had many cars and she knows I really like this one. She’s the one trying to talk me out of even considering selling.
Old 07-16-2021, 11:56 AM
991TurboTim
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthzr1
im in the same boat. I listed mine a few days ago on a couple fb groups, I already am second guessing it and have been hesitant to list it on the forum for this reason. It’s hard to decide, prices are at a all time high but so is everything else.

exact same with me. Thankfully the wife is supportive. I’ve had many cars and she knows I really like this one. She’s the one trying to talk me out of even considering selling.
Glad your wife is supportive. The purchase was met with "signifiant resistance" from my wife. She thinks the car is too low and doesn't even want to ride in it and would rather take her convertible Beetle places. First time I have had a car payment in years. From her chair the $1,500 buys about $300K-$350K of house on a monthly basis or membership dues at another golf course. I can't argue with those thoughts given what I laid out on the "$100K toy" topic.

Old 07-16-2021, 12:37 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Yep, if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...
You're skinny and have a beautiful Turbo S - its all relative .

Brighter days ahead, my man.
The following 2 users liked this post by rodsky:
Big Swole (07-16-2021), onfireTTS (07-16-2021)
Old 07-16-2021, 12:51 PM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole

I'm of the opinion that if one focuses on the one hobby, and doesn't get caught up in having multiple high end cars or motorcycles or watches, etc., one can have the hobby of their dreams, in your case the Turbo S, and not have any real remorse.
I made the decision the Turbo S would be my main focus and I made it happen and when I do get home to drive the car, if even for just a short weekend, it gives me so much pleasure.
Nicest car I have ever owned.
The following 3 users liked this post by vrybad:
Big Swole (07-16-2021), onfireTTS (07-16-2021), Pb Pedis (07-18-2021)
Old 07-16-2021, 12:58 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vrybad
I'm of the opinion that if one focuses on the one hobby, and doesn't get caught up in having multiple high end cars or motorcycles or watches, etc., one can have the hobby of their dreams, in your case the Turbo S, and not have any real remorse.
I made the decision the Turbo S would be my main focus and I made it happen and when I do get home to drive the car, if even for just a short weekend, it gives me so much pleasure.
Nicest car I have ever owned.

Good point!!

I have strayed a bit with other cars and focus at times.
The 308 specifically. I really miss that car and love the classic Fcar experience.
Has me wanting another someday.
But, yes, I need to focus on one at time.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 991 turbo today?