Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What did you do to your 991 turbo today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 03:57 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,124 Likes on 3,121 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyzWorld
*** freaked me out the first time it kicked in when I got my TTS. I thought there was a problem.
So here's my equation - spend a little more for gas - or replace a (supposedly) expensive starter..........no brainer. NO ***. lol.
On my M5, it is always off, but I can elect to turn it on.

I think it was generally regulated to be so equipped.
Old 01-31-2021, 04:33 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
On my M5, it is always off, but I can elect to turn it on.

I think it was generally regulated to be so equipped.
*** is also why the batteries are getting so heavy. OEM has to design for stop/go in cities. The amp draw on a start is MUCH higher than driving with the lights on, AC running etc.

Back to back to back starts depletes a battery quickly, hence big *** battery.

992 has transitioned to Lithium for that reason.
Old 01-31-2021, 04:47 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 950 Likes on 578 Posts

*** is the biggest PITA in newer cars. Luckily the '14 remembers and stays off, and my wife's RS5 doesn't even have the button as R's don't have it. When I'm in a rental car, etc the button is the first thing I look for...
Old 01-31-2021, 04:59 PM
r00t61
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts

On 991.1, the *** setting was retained by the ECU, even after ignition off. Obviously Porsche changed this behavior on 991.2 so that it's always on at startup. But at least it gets automatically turned off in S/S+ modes.

I was briefly in a 488 GTB, and *** is on even in Sport Mode. You have to turn it off every time. Amusingly, the Ferrari term for *** is "High Emotion, Low Emission"

I suppose that HELE sounds better than ***

Old 01-31-2021, 05:16 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,853 Likes on 1,522 Posts

On 991.1, the *** setting was retained by the ECU, even after ignition off.
I can verify that is how my 991.1 TTS works... *** stays off on restart even in normal mode (thankfully), even though I'm almost always at least in sport mode.

I of course never turn it on, but perhaps I'll check and see just to verify it would restart with auto stop/start ON if I turned off the car with it ON.

Hey, another *excellent* reason to get a 991.1 Turbo instead of a .2! .
The following users liked this post:
MotorCityDriver (02-01-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 07:06 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I just turn the dial to Sport every time I start the car, kills it...
Old 01-31-2021, 10:45 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 858 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Picked up a new playmate today for the TTS and TT...

2021 C8 'Hard Top Convertible' (HTC) Z51 sport pack.

First impressions in three hours of ownership?
  • Looks fantastic, and much better in person than pictures typically capture.
  • Amazing what GM can deliver for the price point.
  • It gets a stupid amount of attention for a $75K car.
  • The car is in GM's torque-limited break-in mode for the first 500 miles, but I'm afraid it's going to feel a bit pokey swapping off with the Turbos.
  • Need some nice canyon drives to really get a feel for what it will be like.
That's a great color. I think the C8 looks good in person. I have toyed with the idea of getting one in Bowling Green and driving back to CA. I am definitely not a hater. Hope to hear some impressions as you get some seat time..
Old 02-03-2021, 12:44 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Made it jealous by bringing home a buddies 996 GT3 clone...
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 01:38 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 687 Likes on 437 Posts

Had this Stunning 991T in this week!
Are you looking to take your Porsche 991 Twin Turbo to its maximum performance potential? Fabspeed offers an exhaust suite that is sure to give you exactly what you are looking for, whether you want to concentrate on maximum track-competition performance, street use, or a blend of both.No matter what system you go with, the performance optimization starts with the headers. Our Porsche 991 Twin Turbo Sport Headers improve exhaust flow for a power increase and significant increase in sports car sound, all while saving 6 lbs. from the rear of the vehicle. Our Sport Headers feature a 3-into-1 high velocity investment cast merge collectors for improved exhaust scavenging and a much faster turbo boost. Fabspeed headers are Dyno tested to verify maximum power and are a direct bolt-on replacement for factory OEM headers with no cutting or welding required.
Unleash the full song from your 991 Twin Turbo's flat-6 engine by replacing the heavy and restrictive OEM factory mufflers and multiple 700-cell catalytic converters. From the factory, Porsche equipped the 991 Twin Turbo models with an extremely powerful 3.8 L flat-6 engine setting a performance benchmark yet again for sports-cars and super-cars around the world. Despite the impressive performance, the soundtrack is decidedly lackluster, more like a high-powered vacuum than a sports car, without any indication as to the sheer power of the engine that fuels the fire. The exhaust note is far too sedated to be representative of a proper sports car. It has been Fabseed Motorsport’s primary mission for over 20 years to design systems that bring out the true potential of Porsches flat-6 engine, the 3.8L flat-6, and our Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust System excels in all aspects.

Our Porsche 991 Twin Turbo Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust System is a high performance free flowing 70mm X-Pipe design that can be ordered for two different applications; STREET or RACE.

The 991 TT STREET application features our HJS German imported 200 CPSI Catalytic Converters, high-flow sport race cats designed for maximum flow and power that flow 93-95% of a straight pipe. Fabspeed's Supersport Exhaust System significantly decreases turbo spool time and back pressure, providing for quicker acceleration and increasing power over the factory system by 25 WHP and 31 ft/lbs of TQ at 4250 RPM – all without triggering a CEL. These are built utilizing the world’s best catalytic converters made by HJS Emissions Technologies in Germany. Fabspeed is the sole distributor of HJS Cats in North and South America. If your HJS German imported Catalytic Convertors are not imported form Fabspeed, caveat emptor; buyer beware of bootleg or counterfeit catalytic convertors!

The 991 TT RACE application uses our Cat Bypass Pipes, straight pipes that increase exhaust flow from the competition headers to the mufflers, slightly improving top end power and sound throughout the RPM range. The exhaust flowing from the straight pipes into the X-Pipe is an intoxicating combo, adding an aggressive exhaust, a noticeable improvement in throttle response, and savings 5 lbs. compared to our STREET application. This system is for those who want to most competition performance out of their vehicle, and when paired with an ECU tune, can significantly increase power and torque of the factory system.

We also offer our Porsche 991 Twin Turbo Supersport X-Pipe in a Valvetronic dual sound/dual tone variant. Our engineers have spent countless hours of hands on development with the Fabspeed to extract the absolute best of both mild and wild exhaust notes from the 991 Twin Turbo. The results speak for themselves.

With the valves closed, enjoy our refined Supersport 70mm X-Pipe exhaust tone. Exhaust flow is channeled through Fabspeed's signature 70mm Quad-Resonated investment cast X-pipe. We engineered it specifically to smooth out exhaust pulses for a sophisticated and exotic exhaust note while being as free flowing as possible. The tone is perfect for cruising around town or long highway drives.At the push of a button, the valves open, and the exhaust is free to rocket straight out from the Sport Cats or Cat Bypass Pipes with an aggressive roar. The full story of Porsche's turbocharged 3.8 L flat-6 is unleashed, along with an intoxicating barrage of crackles and pops upon deceleration and downshifting. This system truly needs to be heard and felt in person to be appreciated. Now any 991 Twin Turbo owner can have sports car sound virtually identical to the GT2 RS. In fact, the Cats we use are even a higher-flow version of the Cats used in the factory Porsche GT2 RS System. You can only get these engineering marvels through Fabspeed Motorsport!

We mentioned we use the world’s best cats, but we also use the world’s highest quality valves in our products. What makes our Valvetronic Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust Systems unique, are the Helical Valves by Helical UK, known for their high-temperature bearings at both ends of the butterfly spindle, cast stainless steel valve body with stiffening ribs for ultimate durability, and increased reliability - proven in racing and high volume OEM use have been proven by many of the top manufacturers. When you order a Fabspeed system you’re getting the same valves that Porsche installs in each and every 991 GT3/GT3 RS as well as the new GT2 RS.

You can finish off the system with two tip options; our quad-style tips or our GT2-style tips.
Quad Tips:

GT2 Style Tips:

Take a peek at some of the options: 991 Full Product Line up and feel free to reach out with any questions regarding the products!

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 02-03-2021 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:04 PM
Agentorange
Pro

Received 555 Likes on 229 Posts

“What did you do to your TTS today?”

who cares, here’s another ad! 🤦🏽‍♂️
Old 02-03-2021, 02:08 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 687 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Agentorange

We just worked on it this week!
Old 02-03-2021, 02:24 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Agentorange

You know, I was just thinking that myself, it should have probably been filed under 'What you COULD do to your 991 today'...
Old 02-03-2021, 02:24 PM
Agentorange
Pro

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
We just worked on it this week!
Ya I saw that....in the first sentence...and then the 10 paragraphs after of an ad.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:26 PM
Agentorange
Pro

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
You know, I was just thinking that myself, it should have probably been filed under 'What you COULD do to your 991 today'...
😂 yup

could’ve sworn there’s a vendor area 🤔

Old 02-04-2021, 07:08 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I thought was the market place...?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 991 turbo today?