Porsche Cracking Down on Flippers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:58 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
I assume, speaking of handwringing, that most posters realize that outside of this tiny microcosm on Rennlist, there are billions of people who care more about flipping burgers or flapjacks than Porsche GT cars?
whats flap jack?
Old 06-22-2017, 11:09 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
whats flap jack?
term for pancakes
Old 06-22-2017, 12:19 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
What makes you think PCNA even sees this as a problem? I don't believe they do.

They aren't the "good guys" here trust me.
I have always had positive interactions with PCNA and Im sure they have real concerns about the "flipping" going on which can damage a brand. remember when the Miata first came out, in the first 2 years, you always knew anyone who drove one had been raped by the dealer, then it dropped in popularity. I believe those behaviors ultimately damaged the image of the car. Bad things come with ADM and flipping in the long run. I have heard many times that to PCNA you are not the customer, the dealership is. Ive always thought allocations should go to individuals who then pick the dealer, that would make for happy customers and encourage dealers to keep customers happy
Old 06-22-2017, 12:22 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
term for pancakes
thx
learned new word!
Old 06-22-2017, 04:54 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
I have always had positive interactions with PCNA and Im sure they have real concerns about the "flipping" going on which can damage a brand. remember when the Miata first came out, in the first 2 years, you always knew anyone who drove one had been raped by the dealer, then it dropped in popularity. I believe those behaviors ultimately damaged the image of the car. Bad things come with ADM and flipping in the long run. I have heard many times that to PCNA you are not the customer, the dealership is.
Ive always thought allocations should go to individuals who then pick the dealer
, that would make for happy customers and encourage dealers to keep customers happy
YES
Old 06-22-2017, 05:07 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always had positive interactions with PCNA and Im sure they have real concerns about the "flipping" going on which can damage a brand. remember when the Miata first came out, in the first 2 years, you always knew anyone who drove one had been raped by the dealer, then it dropped in popularity. I believe those behaviors ultimately damaged the image of the car. Bad things come with ADM and flipping in the long run. I have heard many times that to PCNA you are not the customer, the dealership is. Ive always thought allocations should go to individuals who then pick the dealer, that would make for happy customers and encourage dealers to keep customers happy
Agreed. That is how the BMW VIP program is done.

BMW NA gives you a personal allocation and then you tell them what dealer you want to use. The dealer has the right to accept it or not and most are trying to build relationships with who corporate deems to be VIPs, so they'll bend over backwards and give you a good deal with no ADM.

Sadly, while I'm in the BMW VIP program, I have no relationship with PCNA...
Old 06-22-2017, 10:05 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by nlpamg
Agreed. That is how the BMW VIP program is done.

BMW NA gives you a personal allocation and then you tell them what dealer you want to use. The dealer has the right to accept it or not and most are trying to build relationships with who corporate deems to be VIPs, so they'll bend over backwards and give you a good deal with no ADM.

Sadly, while I'm in the BMW VIP program, I have no relationship with PCNA...
Based on what people spend, VIP clip would probably be something like $250k annual spend average over 4 years (i.e. 7 figures on a rolling 4 year period). How many people who can't get allocations today does this actually solve the problem for? Probably very few.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:13 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Who's buying BMW's and really cares about a VIP program?

Their sales are tanking.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:16 PM
STG
Race Director

Everything is positive until it's time for someone to step up and there's a real issue.

PCNA doesn't like non-dealer flippers. They don't care what Porsche dealers do.

PCNA values the "rewards allocation" aspect it has over dealers. They would never give that up and grant allocations directly to enthusiasts. Happened with the VIP program, and will never happen again. They can't wait for that thing to expire.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:22 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

They need to take some action though.

In the current situation, a lot of GT owners do this:

They have one of the most beautiful women in the world in their bed, yet never touch her for the fear of making her any less perfect.
She just lays there every night, admired from a distance. Never touched.

Pathetic.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:57 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,744 Likes on 5,127 Posts

Originally Posted by Argon_
They need to take some action though.

In the current situation, a lot of GT owners do this:

They have one of the most beautiful women in the world in their bed, yet never touch her for the fear of making her any less perfect.
She just lays there every night, admired from a distance. Never touched.

Pathetic.
Why would Porsche care?

They're too busy winning LMP1 races.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:15 AM
STG
Race Director

Porsche chases sales. They're all about pushing volume and making $$. Same with dealers. They're a business.

Nobody cares about loyalty anymore. Just like most of these dealers could care less how long you've been a customer. You're just as good as your last purchase.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:21 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,744 Likes on 5,127 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Porsche chases sales. They're all about pushing volume and making $$. Same with dealers. They're a business.

Nobody cares about loyalty anymore. Just like most of these dealers could care less how long you've been a customer. You're just as good as your last purchase.
Right.

You want loyalty? Buy a Huayra.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:51 AM
STG
Race Director

Name:  photo326.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  556.9 KB
Old 06-23-2017, 01:18 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
You want loyalty? Buy a Huayra.
Anyone who can pronounce it correctly can order at MSRP. Most pay more.

Quick Reply: Porsche Cracking Down on Flippers?