Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Cracking Down on Flippers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 08:45 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

It sounds good but how do they know what the contracted selling price is? Even the buyer is not incented to tell the truth on how much over they are paying as it delays their order. The dealer certainly won't tell and can easily conceal the fleecing.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:57 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
http://jalopnik.com/the-people-who-p...e-l-1796270712

Looks like FCA, is implementing a very original plan in order to reduce dealer gouging.. they are delivering cars with highest ADM's.. LAST.

the details are as follows:

New Dodge Challenger SRT Demon starts at a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $84,995 (including $1,700 gas guzzler tax, excluding $1,095 destination); Demon crate unleashes full power for $1
Demons sold at or below MSRP will receive priority scheduling resulting in lower serial numbers; Demons sold at a price that exceeds MSRP will be produced after priority production is completed
Dealers can only order as many Demons as they are allocated

the amount of demons each dealership will get is based solely on sales performance. From the release:

To be eligible to order a Challenger SRT Demon, dealers must have sold more than one SRT Hellcat in the last 12 months
Dealer allocation will be based on 60 percent SRT Hellcat and 40 percent Charger and Challenger sales performance

is this some kind of genius inspired move on the part of FCA????
Fantastic idea.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:31 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

at least Dodge is making some efforts, it may take multiple actions to control this, I also believe Porsche 911R owner inquiries are a step in the right direction
Old 06-20-2017, 10:49 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 415 Posts

So you sell a crippled car hen force buyers to schedule their "tune" to get what they paid for? I'd love to see a typical P car buyer's face when they hear that.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:30 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,529 Likes on 5,056 Posts

Looks like FCA, is implementing a very original plan in order to reduce dealer gouging.. they are delivering cars with highest ADM's.. LAST.

the details are as follows:

New Dodge Challenger SRT Demon starts at a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $84,995 (including $1,700 gas guzzler tax, excluding $1,095 destination); Demon crate unleashes full power for $1
Demons sold at or below MSRP will receive priority scheduling resulting in lower serial numbers; Demons sold at a price that exceeds MSRP will be produced after priority production is completed

the amount of demons each dealership will get is based solely on sales performance. From the release:

To be eligible to order a Challenger SRT Demon, dealers must have sold more than one SRT Hellcat in the last 12 months
Dealer allocation will be based on 60 percent SRT Hellcat and 40 percent Charger and Challenger sales performance

This is like putting fingers in the dike, when there are 11 holes in the dike.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:56 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

the details are as fol

This is is brilliant! So flippers get the cars earlier? I'm going to be a flipper now this plan seals the deal! If I find a dealer that sells at Msrp I'll get my demon early so I can flip it for profit while those that paid over.....wait longer. Ha ha ha ha......solve one problem and create 2 more
Old 06-21-2017, 12:10 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I think they overestimate how many under-endowed idiots want to pay even MSRP for this "Demon" car that's useless for anything but drag racing.

Poor replacement for stopping production on the Viper, one of the sickest cars ever made, IMHO.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:41 AM
Chicago Mike
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dewinator
I think they overestimate how many under-endowed idiots want to pay even MSRP for this "Demon" car that's useless for anything but drag racing.

Poor replacement for stopping production on the Viper, one of the sickest cars ever made, IMHO.
Agreed, though the point isn't about the Demon. The best thing I can think of to sum this up, is at least they tried? I feel like this again rewards the best customers. Rightfully it should, but those people, like many of the 918 VIP owners will then have the incentive to flip their cars and the market will be flooded with overpriced cars. Poorly thought out in my opinion.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:43 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

The msrp will be nearly the same on every sale. What will be different will be extra kick backs - race team sponsorships, cash under the table, etc... this is step 1 in solving the problem.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:53 AM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 289 Posts

I just cannot believe Hellcats, mustangs and most trucks are $80k+ these days, even the v8 2dr lexus is $100k.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:10 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
Sure, I give out "mis-information."

Let me just ask you this question Eduardo. Are you sure with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that ALL PTS cars are painted at Porsche in-house? This would include all of the special one-off painted 918 with the racing liveries, or the 911R with the painted stripes?

I have been to the facility that painted my 911R, and it ain't anywhere close to Porscheplatz...

How dare you go against Eduardo? The self proclaimed king of PTS on Rennlist, one that PAG absolutely hated his existence.

PTS was a difficult process, and he 'decoded' the whole damn thing and had mass produced people asking for it. In the numbers that Porsche can't handled.

Now that you got his wrath, he will go to no end to keep quoting your 'mistakes' unit you will run and hide from him. look at how he keep quoting mine posts for his ammo.

You and I know nothing about the process, even the facility you visited that painted your 911R was just a setup, your car was painted in-house at the paint booth in Zuffenhausen. He KNOWS that as that's what he was told. HIS information will always be correct. No one else will have better information according to him. He will never be wrong, ever. Only us mortals are always wrong.

In his world, those robots at the paint booth in Zuffenhausen are so advanced, they can paint stripes without masking for the 5 painted stripe 911Rs. Hell even switching paint mid stream for the gulf color 911R was no problem, look at how clean the lines between the paint were on that 911R!

And they can switch paint on the fly to paint the Meissen Blue 911R right after it painted a Jet Black 718. Hell, Klaus Zellmer who I just had dinner with on Sunday night in Paris was full of **** when he said those PTS 911Rs were painted off side. The owner of the Meissen Blue car was next to me and he fully believed his car was custom painted off site. Oh well, Eduardo just bursted his bubble.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:14 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dark knight
the 918 stripes were decals, Im sure its possible some customization was done "off site" but PTS 911s are painted in the body shop. They have to treat, prime remove flaws and paint and clear there, it won't work elsewhere at a resonable cost

There are quite a few 918s with PAINTED livery, and not a sticker applied on top.........
Old 06-21-2017, 02:16 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah, who gives a flying F. I don't care if my car is painted on the moon.

Yeah well considered that PTS cars are perceived to be worth more, then if your car is painted on the moon, then it will be worth that much more than those ordinary PTS cars that are painted in Germany.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:51 PM
kavocat
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 24 Posts

I don’t contribute much to Rennlist, but, like many, I enjoy reading interesting posts from other enthusiasts. I always appreciate the insights Eduardo, Martin, Whoopsy, unotaz and others offer. Whether right, wrong, or otherwise, all are valuable contributions. They invite further thought and discourse about our wonderful Porsche cars, which is always a good thing.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:02 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Agreed. A lot of hand wringing going on between the best posters on Rennlist. Not really warranted.

Quick Reply: Porsche Cracking Down on Flippers?