Sponsored by:

Porsche Cracking Down on Flippers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 07:07 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by kavocat
I don’t contribute much to Rennlist, but, like many, I enjoy reading interesting posts from other enthusiasts. I always appreciate the insights Eduardo, Martin, Whoopsy, unotaz and others offer. Whether right, wrong, or otherwise, all are valuable contributions. They invite further thought and discourse about our wonderful Porsche cars, which is always a good thing.
Very nicely stated and I agree.
This is a very sad day for the Reenlist forum especially on a thread about flippers (the bad guys) vs the rest of us the (good guys) which certainly includes all of the names you have already mentioned and listed above.

I think Eduardo's passion for the brand and Porsche history got the best of him and Unotaz and Whoopsy's response were warranted. Hopefully they can move on so we can continue to get inside information, Porsche education and real life experiences from both "Mr. PTS" and the Reenlist "VIPs".
Old 06-21-2017, 07:32 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
This is NOT CORRECT. While the 1 year holding period rule was recently announced, it is only effective on the next car, which means it will be the 991.2 GT3. 911R pre-dates this rule.
I have been told the new 1 year hold applies across board to ALL cars acquired through VIP program including 911R. What makes you think it does not apply to original allocations obtained through VIP?
Old 06-21-2017, 08:53 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...n-allocations/

Unlike Porsche, Dodge is actually taking some action against dealer overcharge.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:11 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 999 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
I have been told the new 1 year hold applies across board to ALL cars acquired through VIP program including 911R. What makes you think it does not apply to original allocations obtained through VIP?
I don't think, I know. This information is directly from the person in charge of allocation at PCNA and also from the 918 Spyder Program liaison.

And why do I know this? Because I'm in the program and I specifically clarified this issue with them when the announcement came out a few months back.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:17 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,378 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by Argon_
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...n-allocations/

Unlike Porsche, Dodge is actually taking some action against dealer overcharge.
Post 435 from yesterday started it
Old 06-21-2017, 09:56 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

I just saw notices from two very desirable custom knife makers regarding 'flipping' of a sort.
Here is the note from one:

The other said something similar and added that spots in his order book were not commodities to be sold or traded. And if he didn't put your name on his list, you were not on his list.

Maybe Porsche needs a similar policy? It's really not that hard!
Old 06-21-2017, 10:24 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Agreed. A lot of hand wringing going on between the best posters on Rennlist. Not really warranted.
Oh come on now, you guys love when I bash on the stealers....if I don't, who will?
Old 06-21-2017, 10:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I think the best option would be for PCNA to strongly encourage their dealers to sell at MSRP and punish dealers who spec and keep their own GT cars on their lot as unsold for longer than "x" days with fewer future allocations. If a dealer sells their GT car for a mark-up to another dealer, then both dealers should be punished by receiving future GT allocations. In return, the dealer should be given a first right of refusal to buy the car back if sold within 12 months of the initial sale. That would go a long way to flushing out flippers/speculators.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:41 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
I don't think, I know. This information is directly from the person in charge of allocation at PCNA and also from the 918 Spyder Program liaison.

And why do I know this? Because I'm in the program and I specifically clarified this issue with them when the announcement came out a few months back.
might want to check the fine print
Old 06-21-2017, 10:46 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I think the best option would be for PCNA to strongly encourage their dealers to sell at MSRP and punish dealers who spec and keep their own GT cars on their lot as unsold for longer than "x" days with fewer future allocations. If a dealer sells their GT car for a mark-up to another dealer, then both dealers should be punished by receiving future GT allocations. In return, the dealer should be given a first right of refusal to buy the car back if sold within 12 months of the initial sale. That would go a long way to flushing out flippers/speculators.

What makes you think PCNA even sees this as a problem? I don't believe they do.

They aren't the "good guys" here trust me.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:55 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
What makes you think PCNA even sees this as a problem? I don't believe they do.

They aren't the "good guys" here trust me.
I always thought that they didn't want GT cars sitting around on dealer lots. I mean, that's one reason they don't produce more GT cars isn't it?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:24 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I always thought that they didn't want GT cars sitting around on dealer lots. I mean, that's one reason they don't produce more GT cars isn't it?

They are a "reward system" for dealers for selling 911's and taking slow selling models.

PCNA needs some sort of bonus system. It's working. They could care less what dealers do after the fact. Dealers argue they should also maximize their position too as a reward.

It's all a game.... who suffers? the enthusiasts.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:09 AM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Post 435 from yesterday started it
And I hope Porsche takes notice, so that they might act instead of just speaking.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:30 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

I assume, speaking of handwringing, that most posters realize that outside of this tiny microcosm on Rennlist, there are billions of people who care more about flipping burgers or flapjacks than Porsche GT cars?
Old 06-22-2017, 10:38 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
I assume, speaking of handwringing, that most posters realize that outside of this tiny microcosm on Rennlist, there are billions of people who care more about flipping burgers or flapjacks than Porsche GT cars?
But the crumpet people are trying to put the pancake flippers out of business! The flapjack union will not stand idly by!!!

Quick Reply: Porsche Cracking Down on Flippers?