Sponsored by:

Market Glut....GT3 and gt3rs ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 05:02 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Archimedes
OP was commenting on the large number of cars he saw at a local dealer and that there appeared to be a lot of RS's out there for sale. Which is true. Also true is that there are RS's for sale on dealer lots that are not on sites like Autotrader and Cars.com, so just searching on AT and concluding that there are only 59 cars for sale. Maybe poor choice of thread title by the OP.
Zzzzzzzzz

Let me know which ones (listed or not) are for sale MSRP so I can let a handful of friends know that are looking.

These should be .10 on the dollar soon and I can pick up another one just for track use

I have to go do some more freeze drying of food and stock up on gold and silver---the world is coming to an end folks. Be warned and be prepared.

PS - My RS should arrive Monday that I overpaid for...
Old 04-26-2017, 09:34 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Wow- we are really beating this horse. Let me interject. There are a number of. 1 RSs for sale. Is there a ton - no. Is there 75 cars possibly. Not a glut. Will prices subside a little sure. Will they hit MSRP- I do not think so. At $20,000 over do they sell them all by Monday- I belive so.

Will there be Suckers paying stupid number- that was rhetoric

Time to move on
Old 04-26-2017, 10:03 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
Zzzzzzzzz

Let me know which ones (listed or not) are for sale MSRP so I can let a handful of friends know that are looking.

These should be .10 on the dollar soon and I can pick up another one just for track use

I have to go do some more freeze drying of food and stock up on gold and silver---the world is coming to an end folks. Be warned and be prepared.

PS - My RS should arrive Monday that I overpaid for...
Yea let me know too! It has been crazy this week 2 cars sold out from under me and still on the prowl. Hopefully you were one of them
Old 04-26-2017, 10:22 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

If tax rates go from 40% to 15% (lol) there won't be ENOUGH RS's no matter the price, place your bets.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:57 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

I have a variety of them. Green. Voodoo. Silver. White incoming. UV. I got a request for a lava car. I am looking for a specific build for one guy on a UV car.

I am willing to sell the ones I have, otherwise I would not have them advertised. But someone called me on the voodoo car and offered 20k over (it has 30 miles) and I told him to take a hike. Someone offered a closer number on another white car and we settled quickly.

I'm in the business of selling cars but at the same time as a collector, having 3 delivery miles cars I am ok if they don't sell and the 1200-1800 mile cars sell at lower premiums.

Unlike all the other dealers I bought my store after the fact and like some have said...the eye candy effect of RS's and my other personal cars on the showroom is better than paying for a cheesy TV commercial on local cable.

So, case by case basis/ car by car. PTS is still at a higher premium. If someone wants a specific color and calls me to locate one, I will for a small fee. But hey I'm just a crayon eating dealer.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:45 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I have a variety of them. Green. Voodoo. Silver. White incoming. UV. I got a request for a lava car. I am looking for a specific build for one guy on a UV car.

I am willing to sell the ones I have, otherwise I would not have them advertised. But someone called me on the voodoo car and offered 20k over (it has 30 miles) and I told him to take a hike. Someone offered a closer number on another white car and we settled quickly.

I'm in the business of selling cars but at the same time as a collector, having 3 delivery miles cars I am ok if they don't sell and the 1200-1800 mile cars sell at lower premiums.

Unlike all the other dealers I bought my store after the fact and like some have said...the eye candy effect of RS's and my other personal cars on the showroom is better than paying for a cheesy TV commercial on local cable.

So, case by case basis/ car by car. PTS is still at a higher premium. If someone wants a specific color and calls me to locate one, I will for a small fee. But hey I'm just a crayon eating dealer.

I think all Porsche dealers need to be built somewhere on the foothill of a mountain because of all the hikes people are gonna be taking right after they exit the dealer
Old 04-27-2017, 09:25 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

I was probably the guy you (or Gina) told to take a hike. I think your mark-up of $40-50k is fine if people are willing to pay it. I think that is the point--there is NOT a GLUT of these and dealers are MORE than happy to sit on cars at $20k, $30k $40k++ over sticker. More power to you guys. BTW, the Voodoo is beautiful, was just too rich for me.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:35 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Just a question... if lucky enough to get an allocation but the on road (we don't have MSRP ++ here) amount is equal to a low km .1 GT3 RS... do you give up your allocation and pick up the RS ??

For me, perhaps the only item still swaying back to the .2 gt3 is a manual (and potentially the engine )...otherwise RS.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:41 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Just a question... if lucky enough to get an allocation but the on road (we don't have MSRP ++ here) amount is equal to a low km .1 GT3 RS... do you give up your allocation and pick up the RS ??

For me, perhaps the only item still swaying back to the .2 gt3 is a manual (and potentially the engine )...otherwise RS.
RS is an RS. It's tough not to get the top of the food chain car
Old 04-27-2017, 10:09 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

RS is an RS. It's tough not to get the top of the food chain car
Might sell RS Voo Doo for a Speciale - top of the German food chain for fast food Italian

Tax rates whatever people are spending money because they want to live for today not sure if that's good or bad but the high end companies are loving it!

Look at how many 2 - 250k SUV's there are ... none taken off road simply saying people will are spending money on anything and everything and the car industry knows it.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:10 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Might sell RS Voo Doo for a Speciale - top of the German food chain for fast food Italian
LOL. That's some tasty Italian food indeed (at twice the price)
Old 04-27-2017, 01:46 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The thread title should have left RS off, as they are clearly a different market.

On the standard cars, I can tell you that from late December, when I was denied a test drive, to now there has been a $10-$15k drop in the '14-'15 cars
Old 04-28-2017, 01:15 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I was probably the guy you (or Gina) told to take a hike. I think your mark-up of $40-50k is fine if people are willing to pay it. I think that is the point--there is NOT a GLUT of these and dealers are MORE than happy to sit on cars at $20k, $30k $40k++ over sticker. More power to you guys. BTW, the Voodoo is beautiful, was just too rich for me.
No harm no foul. We get low offers on cars all the time. You have your money to spend and I have mine to risk. My overhead for Scottsdale's store is a lot lower than almost any store in the country so we generally have the best pricing on comparable used cars because I am not greedy.
Just need to make sure we make a small profit.

My most recent take a hike stories are from fresno-

Brand new R8 V10 plus. "I'll take it. Will you guys do 25k off?"

I said sir, if I'm going to lose 10,000+ on this brand new R8, I'll sell it to myself, drive the hell out of it for a few thousand miles and then put it back here as a used car. Please make a real offer.

Next guy- "I want a Turbo S coupe".

Ok, we have one that is changeable.
"Here is my spec"
(Sees spec, boring AF) Your spec is pretty (lame)
"I want 20k off"
Ok we will build it, I'll drive it for 20 track days and scuff all your wheels and you can have it for 20k off.

Why lose money on our best inventory??

We are a small store and every day there is someone trying to rob us. I am an honest (if somewhat crass) person and I think because i am young some of these customers try to out macho us.

I'm amendable to a deal if someone is close. Had a lot of people kicking around my speciale and just sold that. That being said unless someone is going to at least give us a crack at servicing their car somewhere I'm not going to give cars away, that's a bad outcome. I go broke and sell to autonation and then you guys are all F'd and have to pay crazy markups on new configurations.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:31 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

^ i will trailer any porsche you sell to me down to fresno in my personal rig for service ;-)
Old 04-28-2017, 03:03 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mooty
^ i will trailer any porsche you sell to me down to fresno in my personal rig for service ;-)
You are #1 on my RS list

Quick Reply: Market Glut....GT3 and gt3rs ?