Sponsored by:

Market Glut....GT3 and gt3rs ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 06:14 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by race7117
Yep I recently am having the same experience, just regret selling the RS and now gotta suck it up and pay the extra premium. Outside of a Speciale I will be disappointed in anything but the RS, Is it worth it? compared to the price tag of the others in this range, I think you still are getting a great deal......at least that's what I'm telling myself
Originally Posted by ChrisF
Happiness and things that bring it are not to be underestimated. Enjoy the hell out of your RS!
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Congrats on the purchase. I paid $50k over for my RS and have no regrets at all. Btw, I PM'ed you a transporter referral who've I used 3 times...he won't make you wait 3 weeks that's for sure. Enjoy the RS!
Thanks guys...I'm so damn excited I can't stand it. I know this thread is dedicated to the 'world is ending' so I'll start another incoming thread with all the info.

BTW, for those that believe there is an RS glut, you're smoking something. Everyone listed is WELL above sticker and selling. See them from $35k to $65k. I had two sell from under me within two days (one $30k over the other $32k over).

Old 04-25-2017, 06:39 PM
DDWPartners Ryan
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3

BTW, for those that believe there is an RS glut, you're smoking something. Everyone listed is WELL above sticker and selling. See them from $35k to $65k. I had two sell from under me within two days (one $30k over the other $32k over).

Agree 100%
Old 04-25-2017, 06:43 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
in general, mkt is softening. so go out and buy the cars.
but there are still premium.
buyers are waiting for the next RS. let me be frank, if you didnt get the .1RS at msrp, it's is VERY VERY UNLIKELY you will get .2RS at msrp. and the premium will only be higher than the .1RS at it's peak. unless econ blows up.

next RS is over 12 months away.....
if one can wait for 12 months for a toy, they he really doesnt want that toy....

beanie babies were selling over msrp. i have a lot of them. today they are cheap. see if your kids want any beanie babies today....
+1.

Will trade some Beanie Babies for some Cabbage Patch dolls.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

For thosethat argue there is a glut on the RS market I will pay you $100 if you find me a new RS at MSRP. P.m. me. offer expires this time tomorrow
Old 04-25-2017, 07:01 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
For thosethat argue there is a glut on the RS market I will pay you $100 if you find me a new RS at MSRP. P.m. me. offer expires this time tomorrow
I have been following this thread and not sure anyone has said or found a new one at MSRP. Hearing that it is softening. I heard of a new one going for $30k over but I think the used ones are closer to MSRP but still over. A delivery mile one didn't sell on eBay at $215 was the high bid and didn't hit reserve.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:59 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by goin2drt
A delivery mile one didn't sell on eBay at $215 was the high bid and didn't hit reserve.
Didn't know one flea bay auction is THE indicator of the market. I can tell you from first hand experience after dealing with finding one for the past 2-3 weeks--things are selling JUST fine. I lost out on many.

I found one with delivery miles and stoked. Happy to pay over and get on with my day.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:04 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Didn't know one flea bay auction is THE indicator of the market. I can tell you from first hand experience after dealing with finding one for the past 2-3 weeks--things are selling JUST fine.
Just at lower prices. You said you yourself lost out on two cars that went for $30k and $32k over. Those are the lowest ADMs I've heard of and much lower than what was being paid six months ago. I don't think anyone is saying they're going for sticker or below. Just that the pricing is softening. And there is definitely no shortage of them out there for sale.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:08 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 415 Posts

As I recall (somebody posted elsewhere) that eBay car had a low sticker (low 180s?), so still was still >$25k premium.

Plenty of folks eager to believe the sky is falling around here. Ignore and just enjoy the new toy. Congrats!
Old 04-25-2017, 08:09 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Just at lower prices. You said you yourself lost out on two cars that went for $30k and $32k over. Those are the lowest ADMs I've heard of and much lower than what was being paid six months ago. I don't think anyone is saying they're going for sticker or below. Just that the pricing is softening. And there is definitely no shortage of them out there for sale.
Yep they are everywhere...all 50 of them

I' have to get out of this thread, as it's just filled with people who are freeze drying food thinking the world is ending.

RS market is fine.

If they sell for $20k UNDER sticker I still don't give a rats a$$.

I realized a long ago to buy what you enjoy and worry about the little stuff later...well unless you buy a McLaren--then worry all the time
Old 04-25-2017, 08:09 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

And one just sold by me at a huge premium, so there are definitely still some buyers who will pay a lot for the right car.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:11 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Yep they are everywhere...all 50 of them

I' have to get out of this thread, as it's just filled with people freeze drying food thinking the world is ending. RS market is fine. If they sell for $20k UNDER sticker I still don't give a rats a$$. I learned long ago to buy what you enjoy and worry about the little stuff later...well unless you buy a McLaren--then worry all the time
Settle down Francis, nobody's saying the world is ending. You're overreacting. The OPs point was simply that there are a lot of cars out there and we are starting to see some trade at lower premiums than a while back. Nothing more.

And there are a lot more than 50 cars out there when you include the cars on dealer lots that are not on Autotrader...
Old 04-25-2017, 08:16 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,983 Likes on 2,269 Posts

I kind of wonder how long some of these dealers will keep sitting on their overpriced RSs...
Old 04-25-2017, 09:10 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys...I'm so damn excited I can't stand it. I know this thread is dedicated to the 'world is ending' so I'll start another incoming thread with all the info.

Congrats on the RS, there's a few in Austin, but not many that get driven! Mopac tunnel should open soon, finally we get an exhaust test chamber.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:19 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by consolidated
Congrats on the RS, there's a few in Austin, but not many that get driven! Mopac tunnel should open soon, finally we get an exhaust test chamber.
Thanks!

Yep that will be a nice sound tunnel....
Old 04-25-2017, 09:34 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I kind of wonder how long some of these dealers will keep sitting on their overpriced RSs...
Trojan I'm thinking the Same thing.
I guess the money they are paying on interest....for sitting on the cars
Don't matter to them.
I just scratch my head.

Quick Reply: Market Glut....GT3 and gt3rs ?