Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 04:49 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I have been driving my car all weekend with the 55 degree and sunny weather we have been blessed with and probably we may be close to putting her a way. Just an all around great car. i do not know how Porsche continues to improve these platforms. I thought the GT4 Manual was one of the best but they found away to take it up a slight notch. I just wish I could hammer her rather than taking my time breaking her in. Trying not to exceed 5000 rpms but have taken some quick sprints to 6000. When i hit 500 miles i am done with break-in.

Every one will be so happy with this car and one is lucky to have the opportunity to experience this machine. i am still trying to get used to the exhaust sound. It is certainly louder than my GT4 but I had FVD LT Headers and Valveless exhaust on her and She was one of the finest sounding cars i have owned. I would say it had more of a V8 sound where the GT3 is a 6 cylinder screamer so less bass more Metallic.

Enjoy
Way to go. Making us all feel jealous here at the allocation thread where most are either waiting for the car or hoping for an allocation. LOL!!

Congrats on the new car! And, I AM jealous!! I have to wait a few more months. LOL
Old 12-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
Way to go. Making us all feel jealous here at the allocation thread where most are either waiting for the car or hoping for an allocation. LOL!!

Congrats on the new car! And, I AM jealous!! I have to wait a few more months. LOL

2 points- worth the wait and if one can grab with a small ADM you will forget that the first 30 min you drive the car. With how little these cars depreciate and my expectation the .2 will depreciate even less than the .1; you certainly will get your money's worth. There are plenty of cars out there- these stingy Dealers just got to start doing the right thing. Think about it- just think how loyal one would be to the Dealer that gets you one. You would certainly by others' from them and offer them first right of refusal when/if you decide to trade. The last couple of years with all the wealth created it has also created a tremendous amount of greed.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:39 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I have been driving my car all weekend with the 55 degree and sunny weather we have been blessed with and probably we may be close to putting her a way. Just an all around great car. i do not know how Porsche continues to improve these platforms. I thought the GT4 Manual was one of the best but they found away to take it up a slight notch. I just wish I could hammer her rather than taking my time breaking her in. Trying not to exceed 5000 rpms but have taken some quick sprints to 6000. When i hit 500 miles i am done with break-in.

Every one will be so happy with this car and one is lucky to have the opportunity to experience this machine. i am still trying to get used to the exhaust sound. It is certainly louder than my GT4 but I had FVD LT Headers and Valveless exhaust on her and She was one of the finest sounding cars i have owned. I would say it had more of a V8 sound where the GT3 is a 6 cylinder screamer so less bass more Metallic.

Enjoy
Jimmy, do you miss having the engine right behind your head like in the 981 platform? I found my spyder SO engaging because of that... and based on that I had written my quite unpopular “blah 911R driving impression” post. Of course now shoe is on the other foot and I’m vested in he idea of gt3 being MORE engaging the Spyder. Fingers crossed.. how was the transition for you? Thanks.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:44 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
agree adm are coming way down, but I thought 10 sounded pretty reasonable
$10k is totally reasonable imo. Know anybody in the North?
Old 12-03-2017, 09:53 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Jimmy can you compare the clutch/manual gearbox GT4 vs 991.2 GT3 and the gearing?
Thanks
Also congrats and enjoy your awesome ride!!
Old 12-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Jimmy, do you miss having the engine right behind your head like in the 981 platform? I found my spyder SO engaging because of that... and based on that I had written my quite unpopular blah 911R driving impression post. Of course now shoe is on the other foot and I m vested in he idea of gt3 being MORE engaging the Spyder. Fingers crossed.. how was the transition for you? Thanks.
Transitioning still taking place. I thought the one thing I would miss was the more cockpit type a feel you get the the GT4 with the engine right behind you but until you just brought it up I have never thought about it. No I do not miss the engine right behind you because the engine in the GT3 is louder so it compensates for that. But-the GT3 just looks so much bigger proportionally. The GT4 looked smaller and right. The GT3 looks big but does not drive big which is a good thing. What you will have to get used to is the lighter clutch, different rev matching software, and a different sound from the engine. The GT3 exhaust sounds more metallic and it screams where the GT4 had more bass and more V8 sounding in a way.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:16 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by JPMD
Jimmy can you compare the clutch/manual gearbox GT4 vs 991.2 GT3 and the gearing?
Thanks
Also congrats and enjoy your awesome ride!!
The clutch is much lighter which at first was a little disappointing but now I love it. It just works great with this engine and gear box. No doubt it feels familiar to the GT4 but when you change gears it is smoother and kind of has a little click to it. You can shift faster in combo with lighter clutch and it changes gears like a PDK but with 3 peddles. Tough to explain. Because with rev matching it holds the revs and rewards you with a shove if you change gears precisely. But - if you rhink the GT4 gears were long(which I did not) you will find these long but with the fadter revving engine it masks it.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:51 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Where are all these MSRP or close to MSRP cars you guys are talking about? I have a friend who just missed out on one at $25000 over. He will pay for a silver or white or grey PDK one at $15K over right now. Please post the dealer if you know of such a car.

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:35 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

your in California keep dreaming...
Old 12-04-2017, 01:02 AM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

That’s what I think...but my friend will buy from out of state. Just tell me where.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:43 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence
Thats what I think...but my friend will buy from out of state. Just tell me where.
Ralph at Inside Car Connections had an configurable allocation for late 2018 at an ADM last week when I was gauging the market before I pulled the trigger on mine. Not sure if I am allowed to share ADM price on here or what forum rule are, but PM me if interested or feel free just to contact him directly... hope this helps
Old 12-05-2017, 02:24 AM
theunitedstates
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, the long wait is over. After waiting about a year and a half, I have been given an allocation at MSRP from a Midwest dealer. No previous history with the dealer, and I won't be trading a vehicle in. I did own a 911 in the past, but did not trade it (nor buy it from) this dealer.

I was told I could get PTS if I wanted, but like I read around here, I assume that is on approval. Dealer felt pretty good about me getting PTS, if that means anything.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:35 AM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Ralph at Inside Car Connections had an configurable allocation for late 2018 at an ADM last week when I was gauging the market before I pulled the trigger on mine. Not sure if I am allowed to share ADM price on here or what forum rule are, but PM me if interested or feel free just to contact him directly... hope this helps
He wants one that is in stock or gonna be in stock in a few weeks at most.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:18 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence
He wants one that is in stock or gonna be in stock in a few weeks at most.
Not sure what you mean, but when I spoke to him on the phone last week he was telling me how he had an allocation available for November 2018 (maybe it already sold to someone..)
Old 12-05-2017, 03:34 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Do I have this right? The dealers who sold at MSRP have sold out their allocations or their lists are so long that you cant get in any more. But the dealers who are charging 25K over still have their allocations? By charging ADM they have controlled their allocations such that if you wanted to pay $25 over you can walk in and get one but you have to wait till he gets the allocation and then the delivery several months later? is that how this is working? of course if you want one now you can pay 40 or so over for ones that have ..um..em.... been returned.
Does this sound like I understand?

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread