Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 12:06 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
OTOH, there is a strong rumor the .2GT3 production will end the summer of 2018. It has to do with European emissions standards. It could affect US production as well.
Omg. They said that about the 991.1 as well. No more after the end of 2014! Then they made them all through 2015. Then they made a 2016.
It's like ground hogs day here.
More fake news likely sprouted out by dealers to fan the hysteria
Old 05-22-2017, 08:36 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spoke to two different dealers today both said they are holding back several allocations for themselves to build and sell. Why pcna allows this to happen is total BS
Old 05-22-2017, 11:24 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Guys, I won't go into the details, but I can tell you that PCNA cares about loyal customers and they are strongly encouraging their dealers to do the same. I'm being offered an allocation at msrp in the next round. In NorCal.

Don't play the ADM game.
Awesome news Joe !! Congrats . and thanks for sharing it ...

good to hear exciting stuff on this thread as well.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:05 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Guys, I won't go into the details, but I can tell you that PCNA cares about loyal customers and they are strongly encouraging their dealers to do the same. I'm being offered an allocation at msrp in the next round. In NorCal.

Don't play the ADM game.
I can second this and say I have been well taken care of by my dealer.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:07 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Don't play the ADM game.
Congrats! Are you going with pdk or stick?
Old 05-23-2017, 01:33 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by drdonger
Congrats! Are you going with pdk or stick?
Thanks. Leaning towards stick to see what all the 911R hubbub is about and to prove to the crazy people out there that PDK is not a huge advantage if you know how to drive.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:41 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
Got my allocation and commission number today (SoCal dealer) Jan/Feb delivery. But with PTS it will likely take longer, assuming I get a PTS slot. I have the residuals if anyone is interested. Please PM me - I was asked not to post them.

My dealer said MY19 is May/June 2018 delivery. Can anyone confirm this?
Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
You leasing yours?
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
Not likely. The residuals are pretty crappy and my build is over the max residual amount for it to make sense. Will have to run the numbers to see what pencils out but most likely finance. I get to pull-ahead early on my '16 GTS lease to the GT3.

Correct but I am hearing they may get more cars. Regardless I'm not in a hurry. I have an AMG GT R arriving in July to keep me occupied. Not Circle - I went through DTLA.

First of all Congrats!

Actually Brett from Sonnen Porsche already posted the residuals for GT3s on here.

For 36 month its 56% for 5k miles per year.

MY19 should be August 2018 delivery from what it looks like now.

Depending on how long you plan to keep the car, it may still be smarter to lease it than to purchase and pay the 15k sales tax upfront for non-trade-difference-states (and for states who does not need to pay full lease sales tax upfront). Going over MRM and lower residual indeed will yield higher payments, but you'll be paying off the car more as well.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:56 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
This is exactly my biggest issue right now. Maybe I'll get one. Maybe I won't. Not knowing until they stop making them is frustrating.

I mean... they must have a pretty good idea right now of their production schedule for the next year, don't they? If my dealer is gonna get 10 allocations spread out over the next year, why can't they get them all now with the dates spread out as appropriate?

Why do they just wait around until one trickles down?

How does that process work anyway? Do they have a big red light in their offices somewhere that flashes when a new allocation is available? Does someone just have to keep checking the system to see if one showed up?

In each dealer's General Manager's office, there are two yellow rotating hazard lights. In between the lights is a banner with the words "INCOMING ALLOCATION". When PAG pushes the big red button in Germany to send an allocation to PCNA or PCL, PCNA and PCL then controls a switch board to sling shot the allocation to a particular dealer.

That dealer's hazard light will go off, and the banner saying "INCOMING ALLOCATION" will light up and flash, along with a ominous warning sound. The GM have about 15 seconds to accept this allocation or it gets returned to the PCNA/PCL switchboard. They will then allocate that allocation to another dealer. This is why most Porsche dealer hires ping pong champions for their General Managers
Old 05-23-2017, 04:13 AM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the info chaosoul. If your allocation is from Florida and you're bringing the car back to Nevada, how would the lease work then? Does your lease terms go according to where you plan to bring the car back to? When the lease is done, would I have to return it to the same dealership in Florida? I was going to originally finance but since I own my own business I was curious about the lease. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:27 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
Thanks for the info chaosoul. If your allocation is from Florida and you're bringing the car back to Nevada, how would the lease work then? Does your lease terms go according to where you plan to bring the car back to? When the lease is done, would I have to return it to the same dealership in Florida? I was going to originally finance but since I own my own business I was curious about the lease. Thanks for your help.

It doesn't matter where your allocation is and where you're "bringing back" the car to. It only matters which state you plan to register the car. Where you register the car will determine your governing laws of state (like trade difference, tax upfront), sales tax rates, and registration fees.

As long the dealer that is selling you the car is okay with you registering it out of state, you can register it in any state you want, for the most part.

Lease terms usually vary region to region but for Porsche Financial it is mostly the same. You do not have to return your car to the same dealership, in fact, you can return your Porsche Financial Lease to any authorized Porsche dealer in the US.

However, that being said, do not return your GT3 by any means. The GT3 residual is 56%, meaning if you return your 160k GT3, you're essentially selling the car back to Porsche Financial for 89k after 3 years. 991.2 GT3 will not be worth only 89k after 3 years even if its been in an accident. Lease is just a means for no-trade-difference-state buyers to save on sales tax, you still have the right to sell, and terminate early with no penalty. Your lease will have a pay-off amount every month just like when you're financing. Either sell the car before end of lease or buy the car outright at end of lease. You'll lose out on atleast 30k if you just return the car, and make PFS very happy.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
In each dealer's General Manager's office, there are two yellow rotating hazard lights. In between the lights is a banner with the words "INCOMING ALLOCATION". When PAG pushes the big red button in Germany to send an allocation to PCNA or PCL, PCNA and PCL then controls a switch board to sling shot the allocation to a particular dealer.

That dealer's hazard light will go off, and the banner saying "INCOMING ALLOCATION" will light up and flash, along with a ominous warning sound. The GM have about 15 seconds to accept this allocation or it gets returned to the PCNA/PCL switchboard. They will then allocate that allocation to another dealer. This is why most Porsche dealer hires ping pong champions for their General Managers
Excellent info, chaosoul!!

This is pretty much exactly as I'd envisioned it. Nice to get confirmation from the source!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:46 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks. Leaning towards stick to see what all the 911R hubbub is about and to prove to the crazy people out there that PDK is not a huge advantage if you know how to drive.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:51 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Sounds like a challenge
I love unfair advantages..
Old 05-23-2017, 10:51 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Sounds like a challenge
I love unfair advantages..
You know I love challenges and being an underdog.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:53 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Well I wasn't gonna come after you in a GT4 or GT3 PDK, but hell now I may have to give it a whirl hehehe...

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread