Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Agreed. I will PM you mine in 2019.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:48 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,988 Likes on 2,273 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Agreed. I will PM you mine in 2019.
Awesome, the real winner will be a charity.

Last edited by usctrojanGT3; 12-03-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:06 AM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

I was told by a couple different dealers in the last 2 days that already spec'd pdk's are selling for msrp or very small adm and the cars that are bringing in the real adm are manuals or allocations to spec one yourself. Just thought I would throw it out there...
Old 12-03-2017, 10:35 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
Okay, here's how the mechanics goes as I understand it. V070 is a request for an allocation with your name on it sent by the dealer to Porsche. The dealership knows how many allocations they will get, either based on past experience or actual numbers. If the allocation request with your name on it is within their expected number of actual allocations, then it is quite likely you will get a car. I was told mine was within their usual and expected number of allocations. And yes, I left a deposit to lock in that expected allocation. Once that request is approved by Porsche and attaches an actual build allocation to it, the status goes from V070 to V200. That deposit goes towards the final car payment once the car arrives. Nothing is certain or guaranteed, really. It all comes down to trust and ethics. The mechanics will work well if ethical people are involved. Nothing will work well in the absence of trust and ethics. Nothing ever does without it.
Thanks for the added clarity! Might be hope for me yet! Patience is not my game.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:55 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carz80am
I was told by a couple different dealers in the last 2 days that already spec'd pdk's are selling for msrp or very small adm and the cars that are bringing in the real adm are manuals or allocations to spec one yourself. Just thought I would throw it out there...
Interesting because there was a line of people to buy the slightly used PDK car that was listed in the classified section at $10k over.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:34 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,454 Likes on 758 Posts

I am trying to figure out why on this round Dealers Specc'd so many cars themselves.

- Did they figure people would by them any way so let's Spec them the way we like??- If you build it they will come
- Was it because they had to submit their orders to show PAG that there is so much pent-up demand that they should make more?
- Was it because they just did not want to deal with the constant changes us Porsche guys continuously make until it locks?
- Was it just carelessness on the part of the Dealers?
Old 12-03-2017, 02:49 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Interesting because there was a line of people to buy the slightly used PDK car that was listed in the classified section at $10k over.
Do you mean this one? https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-for-sale.html

No one has bought it, it isn't sold yet. Likely never will unless the price goes down.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:51 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

We shall see. Seller said he had a guy coming with a check this weekend.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:01 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I am trying to figure out why on this round Dealers Specc'd so many cars themselves.

- Did they figure people would by them any way so let's Spec them the way we like??- If you build it they will come
- Was it because they had to submit their orders to show PAG that there is so much pent-up demand that they should make more?
- Was it because they just did not want to deal with the constant changes us Porsche guys continuously make until it locks?
- Was it just carelessness on the part of the Dealers?
Easy. They couldn’t get enough fish to bite on over msrp orders, so they spec’d on their own hoping to find someone late to the game that doesn’t care. The problem with this strategy is that custom order slots are more valuable, imo. The number of people out there who will pay above msrp for a dealer spec car is even smaller than those who will pay for an open allocation.

This is where the true travesty of adm comes into play. People can’t order what they want. Porsche used to be all about ordering a car the way YOU want
Old 12-03-2017, 03:03 PM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Easy. They couldn’t get enough fish to bite on over msrp orders, so they spec’d on their own hoping to find someone late to the game that doesn’t care. The problem with this strategy is that custom order slots are more valuable, imo. The number of people out there who will pay above msrp for a dealer spec car is even smaller than those who will pay for an open allocation.

This is where the true travesty of adm comes into play. People can’t order what they want. Porsche used to be all about ordering a car the way YOU want
It'd be funny if dealers ended up selling their GT3's at under MSRP while they turned buyers away because they 'had no allocations'.

They'd have to have nailed my spec perfectly for me to even consider paying MSRP, add a few hundred miles to the oddometer and I'd want a discount!
Old 12-03-2017, 03:20 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by PantsFire
It'd be funny if dealers ended up selling their GT3's at under MSRP while they turned buyers away because they 'had no allocations'.

They'd have to have nailed my spec perfectly for me to even consider paying MSRP, add a few hundred miles to the oddometer and I'd want a discount!
It would be poetic justice, but they will eventually find a buyer, whether at msrp or a few above
Old 12-03-2017, 03:48 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 777 Likes on 359 Posts

Do you mean this one? https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-for-sale.html

No one has bought it, it isn't sold yet. Likely never will unless the price goes down.
Why say that?

$10k sounds like the lowest adm I've seen
Old 12-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Why say that?

$10k sounds like the lowest adm I've seen
Well, it hasn't sold yet. And ADMs are coming down. There was an earlier post on this thread for a used one for sale at MSRP. About a month ago, a friend of mine put down an order for an upcoming allocation with delivery sometime summer 2018.

One more thought. There have been posts about people who have been notified of GT3 orders coming in months earlier than previously promised. To me, this means that Porsche is making good on the promise (threat?) that the GT3 will not be a limited production car. They are ramping up production to deliver as many cars as there is a demand for. The GT3 is a cash cow for Porsche, and Porsche wants that money rather than having more going to dealers or aftermarket sales. Patience and a little research can likely get you an allocation. Maybe not on the west coast, though. I suppose there will always be people with extra cash who believe that a bird in the hand is worth more than a bird in the bush, so I might be wrong and that the used car above may sell with ADM.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:30 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 777 Likes on 359 Posts

Well, it hasn't sold yet. And ADMs are coming down. There was an earlier post on this thread for a used one for sale at MSRP. About a month ago, a friend of mine put down an order for an upcoming allocation with delivery sometime summer 2018.

One more thought. There have been posts about people who have been notified of GT3 orders coming in months earlier than previously promised. To me, this means that Porsche is making good on the promise (threat?) that the GT3 will not be a limited production car. They are ramping up production to deliver as many cars as there is a demand for. The GT3 is a cash cow for Porsche, and Porsche wants that money rather than having more going to dealers or aftermarket sales. Patience and a little research can likely get you an allocation. Maybe not on the west coast, though. I suppose there will always be people with extra cash who believe that a bird in the hand is worth more than a bird in the bush, so I might be wrong and that the used car above may sell with ADM.
agree adm are coming way down, but I thought 10 sounded pretty reasonable
Old 12-03-2017, 04:44 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,454 Likes on 758 Posts

I have been driving my car all weekend with the 55 degree and sunny weather we have been blessed with and probably we may be close to putting her a way. Just an all around great car. i do not know how Porsche continues to improve these platforms. I thought the GT4 Manual was one of the best but they found away to take it up a slight notch. I just wish I could hammer her rather than taking my time breaking her in. Trying not to exceed 5000 rpms but have taken some quick sprints to 6000. When i hit 500 miles i am done with break-in.

Every one will be so happy with this car and one is lucky to have the opportunity to experience this machine. i am still trying to get used to the exhaust sound. It is certainly louder than my GT4 but I had FVD LT Headers and Valveless exhaust on her and She was one of the finest sounding cars i have owned. I would say it had more of a V8 sound where the GT3 is a 6 cylinder screamer so less bass more Metallic.

Enjoy

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread