Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017 | 09:26 PM
InnovateGT3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Has any one in Canada received a "firm' allocation with a build slot??
Yes, me.

My order is at V200 (manual build), lock date is Nov.15th and my build date is scheduled for Dec.12.

I'm a first time customer at this dealership too. Having read this forum for a while now I feel dealers are playing games, especially the likes of Pfaff. High volume, new location, large customer base...no thanks.
Old 08-31-2017 | 11:07 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by InnovateGT3
Yes, me.

My order is at V200 (manual build), lock date is Nov.15th and my build date is scheduled for Dec.12.

I'm a first time customer at this dealership too. Having read this forum for a while now I feel dealers are playing games, especially the likes of Pfaff. High volume, new location, large customer base...no thanks.
What dealer did you go with?
Old 09-01-2017 | 01:31 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Superfans
The AMG GT R is a limited production car, I believe. Also, it seems that they are already sold out so they could be even harder to get than the GT3.
Originally Posted by SToronto
Is it limited? Don't recall hearing that.

Not sold out, first round of allocation is gone at the dealer I am in touch with. They can likely get a 2018 summer allocation. I've just been exchanging emails so may go in to have a proper discussion around all of it.
Originally Posted by Superfans
Read from web that it is limited to 2,000 unit. Not sure if it is ture.
Originally Posted by jlee504
I saw the Green GT-R on display at the us open and it's unbelievable. The green is awesome!

I would look for one except watching the depreciation on mercs they tend to be horrendous. The GT-S hasn't held up that well
I would wait for the AMG GT R Black Series, which is unveling sometime in 2018 I believe.
Old 09-01-2017 | 06:11 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I would wait for the AMG GT R Black Series, which is unveling sometime in 2018 I believe.
Would be out of budget for me, $200k+tax is the limit. GTR here is $193k incl. AMG paint.
Old 09-01-2017 | 06:34 AM
py0413
Racer

I hate the way dealers are playing with the allocation games. I doesn't matter how long ago you had the deposit down, they will only sell GT3 allocations to the ones who are willing to sacrifice and trade-in their current GT cars or something that dealer can make big $ out of for the new GT3. I'm going to get my deposit back which I placed over a year ago and move onto something different, lets just say, a beast from green hell.
Old 09-01-2017 | 06:41 AM
py0413
Racer

Originally Posted by shizzle
Not true. GTR is unlimited production. If you want an allocation in the GTA for a car in 3-4 months you can get one from pretty much any dealer around.

And while we're all waiting, at least we can go nuts playing with the updated configurator.
Yes and no, it will not have a limited production number, but the factory that builds AMG GTR can only produce maximum 2 cars per day comparing to making 40 other GT variants per day. Depending on how long the production last, the quantity might still be quite a small number.
Old 09-01-2017 | 01:55 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Deleted

Last edited by shaytun; 09-01-2017 at 01:56 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 09-01-2017 | 02:02 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by py0413
I hate the way dealers are playing with the allocation games. I doesn't matter how long ago you had the deposit down, they will only sell GT3 allocations to the ones who are willing to sacrifice and trade-in their current GT cars or something that dealer can make big $ out of for the new GT3. I'm going to get my deposit back which I placed over a year ago and move onto something different, lets just say, a beast from green hell.
I feel you. Got my deposit back from one dealer after I kept falling lower on the list wtf. Another "good dealer" (Circle Porsche in Long Beach), literally ignored my emails and literally over 10 calls over the past month despite being high on the "list". You don't want to give me a call, fine, but have some f#@ customer service. Lists are basically a guide now. Bought a GT4. Will enjoy it. Life's too short to wait. Maybe I'll trade it in if I get a call next year, and maybe not.
Old 09-01-2017 | 02:36 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shaytun
I feel you. Got my deposit back from one dealer after I kept falling lower on the list wtf. Another "good dealer" (Circle Porsche in Long Beach), literally ignored my emails and literally over 10 calls over the past month despite being high on the "list". You don't want to give me a call, fine, but have some f#@ customer service. Lists are basically a guide now. Bought a GT4. Will enjoy it. Life's too short to wait. Maybe I'll trade it in if I get a call next year, and maybe not.
Well said. Similar experience here. I've got two great P-Cars, not going to sweat, not going to reach.
Old 09-01-2017 | 02:52 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by py0413
That's very discouraging, but it's becoming more and more common. Obviously those who want the car the worst will pay the highest ADMs, as those people run out there will be less and less people willing to pay over MSRP. You aren't alone on Circle Shaytun, a few years ago I tried to establish a relationship with them (even met the GM, owner's son) and got nothing but crickets when I followed up several times via email and phone calls. Very unfortunate to say they least because they were in many eyes known as one of the very few "good guy" dealers in CA.
Old 09-01-2017 | 03:25 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

email them back again and tell them while you wait you are interested in a leftover cayenne turbo S before the model refresh. I'd love to see that awkward reply from them
Old 09-01-2017 | 03:27 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MEM82
email them back again and tell them while you wait you are interested in a leftover cayenne turbo S before the model refresh. I'd love to see that awkward reply from them
HAHA. Should I also offer to pay $5k over MSRP?
Old 09-01-2017 | 03:35 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

HAHA. Should I also offer to pay $5k over MSRP?
Make it 10k, why the hell not. LOL.
Old 09-01-2017 | 05:00 PM
ajw45
Rennlist Member

+1. Love my GT4 and not going to call any dealers -again- about a .2 GT3. Maybe I'm old fashioned but as a customer I kinda like not getting treated like dirt for trying to spend a bunch of money. Plus, bending over for that dealer ADM leaves me walking funny for weeks, even if it's just a little one....
Old 09-02-2017 | 10:50 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I find it hard to believe that US Dealers are saying they received all of 2018 allocations and Canada has received "(0)".

Is that typical??

I am not trying to wind people up but there is "0" consistency to anything that we are hearing.

Has any one in Canada received a "firm' allocation with a build slot??
Jimmy- there are quite a few confirmed builds on the PTS check in list. They are almost all V2XX while US customers are still waiting approval.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread