Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 01:07 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Similar stupid rumors when the 991.1 came out. Emissions and reverse camera was the excuse back then. Except they kept making cars and even made a 2016 model. Stop the hysteria. It only emboldens the scumbag dealers as they try to fleece buyers
Excellent post. ^^^
Old 03-21-2017, 01:08 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Don't bet against the wife Rob! Bronson said she's gonna want to drive it.
Lol Nick
Old 03-21-2017, 01:16 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Don't bet against the wife Rob! Bronson said she's gonna want to drive it.
A friendly wager?

Just kiddin' guys...you know me... whichever transmission he gets it will be epic! I still believe manual,NA,4.0 is a keeper and might not be seen ever again...just my humble opinion...
Nick, if Bronson's wife is anything like mine, she will do that maybe once, and then be too afraid of hurting something to drive it again. I'd wager with you, but all my money is going into the top end rebuild slush fund lol.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:22 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
I'd wager with you, but all my money is going into the top end rebuild slush fund lol.
Lol
Old 03-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
In Brett's defense, Brett was very courteous about it and simply indicated that their list was well beyond full, which did not surprise me. My best bet is going to be sticking with my local dealer and just waiting it out and seeing if I can get one of the last cars.
I do not like taking someones deposit if there is ZERO chance of getting you a car as that is simply unfair to the client. I think folks that have dealt with me directly know I do not mince any words with respect to the deposit lists we have. We did receive 20 991 GT3's over the three year production cycle...I don't expect this model to last more than 2 years so how many units will we get? 20-25 would seem to me to be the number. Now we do have a unique situation with this new release in that 90% of our deposits want a manual transmission which will not be offered for the June, July and August builds. So the guy who is number 12 on our list will be getting the first car we receive...and so on...until we get a September build that we can specify a manual transmission and revert back to the number 1 guy on the list.

To the folks believing everyone will get one at MSRP good luck with that. I likely cannot fill half of the orders this store has...I have called my friends at other stores and they all have 40+ deposits as well with no chance of getting that many cars. For this store to get 40 GT3's, Porsche will need to make 5000 cars for the US market. I would love for that to happen...but it seems unlikely at best....
Old 03-21-2017, 01:29 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

^^^^ MANUAL demand that high Brett?? Thanks for the post. This is reality guys.

If "everyone that wants one at MSRP will get one" was true, NONE of these threads would exist. See any on the 991 Carrera forum??

The GT's have more limited production. No secret there.

Why are we still seeing 991.1 GT3 prices where they're at? 991.1 RS's? Falling, but still over MSRP.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:35 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
I do not like taking someones deposit if there is ZERO chance of getting you a car as that is simply unfair to the client. I think folks that have dealt with me directly know I do not mince any words with respect to the deposit lists we have. We did receive 20 991 GT3's over the three year production cycle...I don't expect this model to last more than 2 years so how many units will we get? 20-25 would seem to me to be the number. Now we do have a unique situation with this new release in that 90% of our deposits want a manual transmission which will not be offered for the June, July and August builds. So the guy who is number 12 on our list will be getting the first car we receive...and so on...until we get a September build that we can specify a manual transmission and revert back to the number 1 guy on the list.

To the folks believing everyone will get one at MSRP good luck with that. I likely cannot fill half of the orders this store has...I have called my friends at other stores and they all have 40+ deposits as well with no chance of getting that many cars. For this store to get 40 GT3's, Porsche will need to make 5000 cars for the US market. I would love for that to happen...but it seems unlikely at best....
How many of those have their names at 10 other dealers and will drop once one of them comes through?
How many drop cause the bank won't help or the wife had a change of heart?
7000 GT3s worldwide is my estimation for the 2 years production run. According to what you wrote,I'd say you'll probably get 30 allocations...
Old 03-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

How many of those have their names at 10 other dealers and will drop once one of them comes through?
7000 GT3s worldwide is my estimation for the 2 years production run. According to what you wrote,I'd say you'll probably get 30 allocations...
This is what I'm counting on. My SA indicated that, historically at their dealership, a lot of folks that beg for a GT car get cold feet when they actually have to sign on the line and write a check. On the converse, my dealership will almost certainly be looking for premiums, so I'm going to have to wait them out to have any shot. I went through the same thing with the GT4/Spyder with them, and only got a shot at their last cars, the GT4 of which still went at a premium of about $10-15k. I passed on the GT4 to go with the Spyder, and they sold the GT4 that same day.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:49 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I do not like taking someones deposit if there is ZERO chance of getting you a car as that is simply unfair to the client.
Yup, and I appreciate that. I hope you don't think I was taking a swipe at you. Not my intention at all.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:00 PM
Seranad
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GT production capacity per year is 4000 according to AP

hence i think 3500 GT3 will be build from June 2017 to June 2018
4000 a year capacity minus about 500+ GT2RS

then it will get interesting. will they produce an unlimited RS or a limited sent off, will they then produce both along side? one after the other? special models?

hence i would think less than 3500 from June 2018 to however long the run for the GT3 lasts

my guess would be for 1500-2000 from June 2018 onwards untiil end of run

bringing the total to 5000-6000 maybe?

p.s. as a more negative indication, my dealer sold 20+ GT3 from gen1 and got 4 allocations for 2017 and he is hoping for 4-6 in 2018, significantly less than he would have expected according to past sales of the gen 1
but that could mean the global split is adjusted differently of course
Old 03-21-2017, 02:15 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Seranad
GT production capacity per year is 4000 according to AP

hence i think 3500 GT3 will be build from June 2017 to June 2018
4000 a year capacity minus about 500+ GT2RS

then it will get interesting. will they produce an unlimited RS or a limited sent off, will they then produce both along side? one after the other? special models?

hence i would think less than 3500 from June 2018 to however long the run for the GT3 lasts

my guess would be for 1500-2000 from June 2018 onwards untiil end of run

bringing the total to 5000-6000 maybe?

p.s. as a more negative indication, my dealer sold 20+ GT3 from gen1 and got 4 allocations for 2017 and he is hoping for 4-6 in 2018, significantly less than he would have expected according to past sales of the gen 1
but that could mean the global split is adjusted differently of course
I think we can all agree they will make more. Right? They've been increasing production with each gen. If we look at the 991.1 GT3 production numbers,I believe they come somewhere around the 6000 mark worldwide. I don't think it's out of line to think 6500-7000 this time around...
Old 03-21-2017, 02:31 PM
Seranad
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we can all agree they will make more. Right? They've been increasing production with each gen. If we look at the 991.1 GT3 production numbers,I believe they come somewhere around the 6000 mark worldwide. I don't think it's out of line to think 6500-7000 this time around...
well if you put it like that, then i can agree to it :-)
Old 03-21-2017, 02:54 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Spoken by one of the very few good guys out there still. Thanks, Brett.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Yup, and I appreciate that. I hope you don't think I was taking a swipe at you. Not my intention at all.
No I did not take it that way at all mate. As a commissioned sales idiot I would love to get 80 GT3's allocated to our store as we would sell them all without any problem. But the reality is that Porsche will produce possibly around 3000 cars for the US market and that means 25 cars for us, in my opinion. Now I hope I am completely off base and they see all of the V070 orders every dealer has already in the system and adjusts the allocations accordingly. The V070 helps my area manager and this store identify the clients that have multiple deposits at different stores. It also allows Porsche to get a better idea of demand and hopefully they can react to it to get us more units.

A 90% take rate for the manual is not a surprise to me and I think that this model with the full motor sport engine and "potentially"the last N/A GT3, is creating a massive demand that is beyond even the last car. I wish everyone luck in getting a car and I sincerely hope that Porsche does not take for granted the many folks out there willing to hand over $150,000 sight unseen, having never driven the car, on faith in the company that it has built a wonderful car. There are more and more competitive options out there that Porsche is aware of and I think it would be very unwise to become complacent about the good people on this forum who are so supportive of the brand. I agree there is a fine line between limited production and starving the fan base....this is a standard GT3...not an RS edition. Lets make this cars in sufficient numbers to appease the folks wanting it and leave the limited production title to the RS models. This would also help eliminate the "market adjustment"crap that many on this board have to hear from dealers. My 2 cents....
Old 03-21-2017, 03:25 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Spoken by one of the very few good guys out there still. Thanks, Brett.
Thanks for the kind words Joe!

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread