Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 12:49 AM
dog bucks
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bb

Last edited by dog bucks; 12-02-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:42 AM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DNorby
I asked today at the dealer I go to. He told me to wait till the 2nd year (I would like a GT3 Touring) and they will be available for the common man.
Originally Posted by NA430GTS
Based on what action by Porsche Germany? This is the opposite I’ve been hearing from my dealer. I hope you are right but dis he happen to say why he believed this?
Yeah, that's everything we're not hearing in the UK, a second round of allocations just happened and people are saying their dealers got less than hoped.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:39 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 182 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by dog bucks
ZERO to V 200 in 34 days, no previous deposit... just a code dump. My guy got a few bonus 18 slots and blessed me with one. ONE MORE THING..... from a GOOD SOURCE...
STOP SPATZING... this game will run until played out. Talking German economics and production here.... MAMA killed all the fools and we'll take your money so long as you beg us!
Congrats on your confirmation but you seem to be posting on multiple threads that you have the inside track on PAG production and that more than enough cars will be built. You joined Rennlist very recently. No confirmed details as to your source except for what your SA said. Are you trolling or do you have some facts to share?
Old 11-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

Congrats on your confirmation but you seem to be posting on multiple threads that you have the inside track on PAG production and that more than enough cars will be built. You joined Rennlist very recently. No confirmed details as to your source except for what your SA said. Are you trolling or do you have some facts to share?
No one would ever out their cleaning lady here. But it is not a stretch to say he knows some higher ups with the amount of buying volume that he projects to have purchased
Old 11-13-2017, 12:52 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Norcalgt3
No one would ever out their cleaning lady here. But it is not a stretch to say he knows some higher ups with the amount of buying volume that he projects to have purchased
Which is fair but anyone can come on here and say that they buy X amount of cars and know some insider info. Without any history or others who know them, it's hard to trust a brand new member.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:01 PM
dog bucks
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I re-joined recently, to follow the GT3 flow. Had been on the site for years....years ago.
You ask about my source. A good source is only good if what we share is without attribution. But let's consider that there is no source....my input then is no different than the obverse....the flippers, dealers and others that pile on a sucking speculation.... last manual, last NA, one to two year delivery, if you can get a slot. Yep, let's drive this horse with a GT4 and a 911R whip.
Believe what you choose, but those that run scared only contribute to the foolishness.
Lastly, I did post info on multiple threads that were relevant...so that this other side of the panic might be considered.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:23 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Well I’m in dogbucks camp on this. I’m nowhere near the high volume buyer but this jives with that POV from what I’ve heard as well.

That said, I’m sure it won’t be “unlimited” but then again it doesn’t need to be. As great as it is, they’ll always be a bigger fish, much ballyhooed “last NA!” Notwithstanding.

I can wait and have no problem letting the jetset crowd go ahead of me. But if I can’t get a .2 allocation at MSRP ever, then screw em; it’s not the brand for me.

I have no interest in begging a dealer to take my money so I can run with the flippers and ballers and guidos that have to have whatever’s the latest and greatest for the 15 minutes it’s at the top of the food chain. This is not a GT, it’s not a 918 or a 959, heck they’ll be many, many multiplies more made than the T which is little more than an end run bottom of the range Black Edition with more color options and *gasp!* slightly shorter gears. Yeah that’s a game changer. And I don’t buy the fake news on German emissions laws. They WILL be able to make more beyond that law for export. It’s simply not credible to suggest otherwise.

I think there will be a lot more .2GT3’s made. Obviously not “unlimited” to the point where we’ll see them languishing in dealer lots at 20% off list or anything, but a lot more of them.

Most people on “lists” are probably on 20 lists, and many of them will bail the microsecond something else comes along like the .2GT3RS, GT2, heck even the .2GT4 if it’s NA and they do it right.

And if not? If this is a ballers exclusive for the ages unicorn vaporware car for mortals to enjoy only on YouTube and coffee shop burnouts? Oh well. Maybe I’ll become a *shudder* Vette Guy.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:04 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I re-joined recently, to follow the GT3 flow. Had been on the site for years....years ago.
You ask about my source. A good source is only good if what we share is without attribution. But let's consider that there is no source....my input then is no different than the obverse....the flippers, dealers and others that pile on a sucking speculation.... last manual, last NA, one to two year delivery, if you can get a slot. Yep, let's drive this horse with a GT4 and a 911R whip.
Believe what you choose, but those that run scared only contribute to the foolishness.
Lastly, I did post info on multiple threads that were relevant...so that this other side of the panic might be considered.
I think I know who you are. Welcome back.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:54 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
I think I know who you are. Welcome back.
Likewise!
Old 11-13-2017, 03:04 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 182 Likes on 97 Posts

Well then welcome back! It looks like you have some fans here and past history. I hope what you are saying pans out. I just spoke w a dealer GM and PNA is trying to persuade PGA to make more GT3s as we speak.

They did ramp up production on the GT4 after launch. Originally 1000 units planned then went to 6000 after large demand. We should know more in Jan/Feb 2018
Old 11-13-2017, 03:53 PM
Trk8
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealers are not putting orders unless you pay ADM. There mentality is you can afford 150k + car and state tax are making close to 10% for doing nothing. Where is our cut to put up with rich demanding buyer. Porsche can make All they want but dealers need to put order in without adm.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:57 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Trk8
Dealers are not putting orders unless you pay ADM. There mentality is you can afford 150k + car and state tax are making close to 10% for doing nothing. Where is our cut to put up with rich demanding buyer. Porsche can make All they want but dealers need to put order in without adm.
If this is actually the case, they need a direct to consumer platform like Tesla. Pay deposit online, spec car when it's your turn, and have car delivered via local dealer of your choice. I would sign up for that yesterday
Old 11-13-2017, 04:09 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
If this is actually the case, they need a direct to consumer platform like Tesla. Pay deposit online, spec car when it's your turn, and have car delivered via local dealer of your choice. I would sign up for that yesterday
^ +1, dealers are digging their own hole.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:19 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

Taking a step back, a dealer has the freedom to conduct their business however they would like. Give some allocations at MSRP to good customer, charge over MSRP for some allocations, deal spec some cars and charge over, and once the hype is over sell the rest at MSRP to the remaining frugal rich customers.

The dealer pisses a few people off, those are externalities, and they make a few more bucks. It's a new take on an old business model.

Porsche won't do much about it either, Porsche need PCNA and the dealer network/customers in order to sell cars in their 2nd biggest market. Dealers have leverage over Porsche (due to US law and large US market) and the customers (when car is in demand). The only way to really change the current setup is to change the law or go direct.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:27 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Dealers are not putting orders unless you pay ADM.
That's not correct.

I know of dealers who will order a car for you (V070 demand order) and will sell you the car at MSRP if they assign an allocation to you.

That "if" part is, in a manner of speaking, the tough nut to crack. Because, even though your V070 order may have generated an allocation for the dealer, it's, nevertheless, left to the dealer's discretion as to whom he assigns that allocation. It may or may not be you.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread