Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017 | 10:36 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shizzle
no idea why the slow release (i wonder if ceta timing has anything to do with it), but i was also told we should be getting allocations this month.
Yeah I was told May/June....how many, no idea.

6.1% tax drop? Wonder if we will see a msrp reduction.
Old 05-08-2017 | 10:50 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by SToronto
Been hearing the same. I'm just hoping for a MY18 allocation, forget about MY17.
Old 05-08-2017 | 11:59 PM
Dino524
Instructor

Originally Posted by SToronto

6.1% tax drop? Wonder if we will see a msrp reduction.
We're already getting a good deal versus the rest of the world given the state of the CAD $. I doubt they'll adjust prices lower.
If you remember it took forever before they adjusted prices for the then stronger CAD $ years ago...
Old 05-09-2017 | 12:06 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dino524
We're already getting a good deal versus the rest of the world given the state of the CAD $. I doubt they'll adjust prices lower.
If you remember it took forever before they adjusted prices for the then stronger CAD $ years ago...
Be happy that you guys don't have to deal with stealership antics like we in the US have to, especially us folks on the west coast.
Old 05-09-2017 | 12:10 AM
Dino524
Instructor

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Be happy that you guys don't have to deal with stealership antics like we in the US have to, especially us forks on the west coast.
Yeah, that too!
Old 05-09-2017 | 01:36 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Be happy that you guys don't have to deal with stealership antics like we in the US have to, especially us folks on the west coast.
Or the earthquakes!... don't forget those. So stealership antics and earthquakes, otherwise, quasi-paradise.

Fudge.. I had almost forgotten. We also have high taxes, high taxes, some communists and huge potholes.. as well as the aforementioned earthquakes and stealership antics. but otherwise.. yep, pretty awesome.

Ok, ooof... just remembered about the sharks.. I effin hate those, almost enough to make me move to the Dakotas, or Saskatchewan.. they don't have stealership antics do they?.. I mean, how could they?.. for sure no sharks though.

Anyway, this place sucks.
Old 05-09-2017 | 02:05 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Or the earthquakes!... don't forget those. So stealership antics and earthquakes, otherwise, quasi-paradise.

Fudge.. I had almost forgotten. We also have high taxes, high taxes, some communists and huge potholes.. as well as the aforementioned earthquakes and stealership antics. but otherwise.. yep, pretty awesome.

Ok, ooof... just remembered about the sharks.. I effin hate those, almost enough to make me move to the Dakotas, or Saskatchewan.. they don't have stealership antics do they?.. I mean, how could they?.. for sure no sharks though.

Anyway, this place sucks.
3 things keep me in So Cal and not moving to Vegas for good....real estate business, great weather, and good looking girls (not in that order).
Old 05-09-2017 | 03:05 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
The sad situation is when that sucker doesn't have Steve Jobs money, he's just some poor slob who can barely afford the car of his dreams, gets excited, doesn't do his research and gets take advantage of by a seller like this. That bugs me.
I completely agree with this. The super rich buying cars at ADM? Doesn't bother me at all. They want the convenience. They want to have an "in" with a dealer for future allocations.. they'll gladly pay for it.

It's the guy who doesn't have a lot.. who really wants the car, gets an allocation, but only if he pays 50k over.

These cars are like drugs and super hot women - easy to fall in love and give everything to get them.. and realize that it wasn't the right thing to do in the end.
Old 05-09-2017 | 03:07 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

What's the real story on PTS right now. I hear various things. People in SoCal seem to be able to go to the Porsche Experience center and spec PTS when none of the dealers I know in NorCal can get PTS yet? I've got an allocation for a manual and would love Mexi Blue to match my LT, but it seems like its not happening.
Old 05-09-2017 | 08:02 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by neoprufrok
What's the real story on PTS right now. I hear various things. People in SoCal seem to be able to go to the Porsche Experience center and spec PTS when none of the dealers I know in NorCal can get PTS yet? I've got an allocation for a manual and would love Mexi Blue to match my LT, but it seems like its not happening.
I hope you get PTS! that would be a sweet companion,
Old 05-09-2017 | 03:55 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RSISARS
V200
PDK, no PTS
July build
Sept Delivery
USA
1 previous purchase
Nice, what other car did you purchase from them? Give them service business? Which part of the country is your dealership?
Old 05-09-2017 | 04:21 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

RS (paid $10k over for it). No service as they are out of state. Get along great with GM and built a good relationship. MSRP. Only reason buying this one is for .2RS allocation (at MSRP and second on his list) and will flip this .2GT3 back to him. However, don't get me wrong I'll enjoy it to the fullest. Southeast.
Nice, $10k over for an RS is a very good price. I think trading back GT cars is one good way of getting the next GT car. There are a few good guy dealers on the west coast here so I'm hoping to get good news too in 2018.
Old 05-09-2017 | 04:39 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Fingers crossed for you.

I look at it this way, if I sold them on my own, I lose my place on allocation (even if I made some money on them). For me as long as I buy MSRP moving forward and get allocations, I'm happy to flip them back to them so make some money on backend. It's much easier for me than chasing allocations from new dealers.

Also with .2RS being my golden goose, I'm happy as I have a feeling that one could be $80k+ over. No thanks.

CA dealers (as a whole) are on crack...but if people pay they will continue to gladly take money.
Yeah, rotating cars with trades gives the dealer good incentive to keep playing ball with you since you have GT cars to give back to them. I also agree that the .2GT3RS will be a repeat of the .1GT3RS with premiums in the $50k - $100k range. You will be in good position and probably drive your .2GT3 and .1RS for free. Good job! Most of the CA dealers are stealers...some bigger than others obviously but there are good dealership out here like CJ's dealership. Too bad he can't buy the remaining CA dealerships.
Old 05-09-2017 | 07:12 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shizzle
no idea why the slow release (i wonder if ceta timing has anything to do with it), but i was also told we should be getting allocations this month.

Which part of Canada you from?

Porsche Vancouver just got their allocations last week.

My order is in already for a October build manual car.
Old 05-09-2017 | 07:47 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Which part of Canada you from?

Porsche Vancouver just got their allocations last week.

My order is in already for a October build manual car.
Nick, please don't tell me you ordered it in black.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread