Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
I think the dealer system is accessible by Porsche. I’ve been told by dealers that Porsche Canada doesn’t like multiple deposits. a second dealer wasn’t willing to take one because Porsche would know.
Oh, they definitely see them. I meant that they don't know before they open the ordering system and don't know that one person had a deposit in 2 years earlier vs. 2 days earlier.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:30 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,183 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Oh, they definitely see them. I meant that they don't know before they open the ordering system and don't know that one person had a deposit in 2 years earlier vs. 2 days earlier.
I have an actual sales order, same as if you were buying a car today. That has a date. Which is why I think Porsche corporate would know timing. Order stated 2018 GT3 with price etc. Price was inflated because car wasn’t released.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:46 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

I have an actual sales order, same as if you were buying a car today. That has a date. Which is why I think Porsche corporate would know timing. Order stated 2018 GT3 with price etc. Price was inflated because car wasn’t released.
I'm not sure what you mean by a sales order. Do you mean the piece of paper from the dealer with stuff filled in on it?

If so, I don't think that's got anything to do with Porsche. That's between you and the dealer.

The stuff we're talking about... the V070 orders... those are entered in the computer and sent to Porsche as an "order request". I can't imagine any reason why those would have a facility for back dating them in them.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:43 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure what you mean by a sales order. Do you mean the piece of paper from the dealer with stuff filled in on it?

If so, I don't think that's got anything to do with Porsche. That's between you and the dealer.

The stuff we're talking about... the V070 orders... those are entered in the computer and sent to Porsche as an "order request". I can't imagine any reason why those would have a facility for back dating them in them.
Yeah the one you sign to buy a car with all the details. Maybe I’m conflating that paper with a V070 order. Clearly haven’t been through that exact process. My current car was an 8 month old CPO, so no ordering experience here.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:26 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Yeah. The V070 is an order entered in Porsche's ordering system. It's really between the dealer and Porsche. V070 is the status and it essentially means "We'd like this car please".

What you're talking about is between you and the dealer. If it's anything like mine, it surely says something along the lines of "Pre-order" and "subject to availability". It's really just something they give you to document the fact that you've given them a deposit and what that deposit was intended for. Porsche won't know anything about it until they enter the V070 request in the system, which they can't do until the cars have been announced and are available to order.

Putting them in the system though just tells Porsche they want one. It doesn't mean they'll get one.

That's why people here get excited about their order status changing to V200. V200 means they've been assigned an actual allocation and a car is going to be built for them.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:32 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Yeah. The V070 is an order entered in Porsche's ordering system. It's really between the dealer and Porsche. V070 is the status and it essentially means "We'd like this car please".

What you're talking about is between you and the dealer. If it's anything like mine, it surely says something along the lines of "Pre-order" and "subject to availability". It's really just something they give you to document the fact that you've given them a deposit and what that deposit was intended for. Porsche won't know anything about it until they enter the V070 request in the system, which they can't do until the cars have been announced and are available to order.

Putting them in the system though just tells Porsche they want one. It doesn't mean they'll get one.

That's why people here get excited about their order status changing to V200. V200 means they've been assigned an actual allocation and a car is going to be built for them.
I guess I assumed V070 was tied to sales order deposit. Mine just has subject to allocation handwritten. Which if it was would indicate demand. But sounds like it’s not.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

I guess I assumed V070 was tied to sales order deposit. Mine just has subject to allocation handwritten. Which if it was would indicate demand. But sounds like it’s not.
I would expect that when the ordering system opened up back in the spring all the SA's would have created V070 orders for all the deposits they'd already had. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't.

They don't really mean much in the grand scheme of things though. I mean... they give Porsche an idea of the demand and they'd help root out people who have deposits at multiple dealers.

With a car like this, I think Porsche is going to give them what they give them regardless of how many V070 orders they have.

They're probably far more useful when it comes to other models where they can change production to produce more 911S instead of Targa or base Cayman instead of S based on what the dealers are asking for.

I'm honestly not sure what your last two sentences mean.

It's worth mentioning that Porsche doesn't just turn a V070 order into a V200 when they decide to build the next car. When allocations go to the dealers, the dealers decide what to do with them.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:15 AM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 73 Posts

........It's worth mentioning that Porsche doesn't just turn a V070 order into a V200 when they decide to build the next car. When allocations go to the dealers, the dealers decide what to do with them.
this is indeed the key point
Old 11-11-2017, 11:23 AM
DNorby
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I asked today at the dealer I go to. He told me to wait till the 2nd year (I would like a GT3 Touring) and they will be available for the common man.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:42 PM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 118 Posts

Mine is V210 status. What does it mean ?
How much time does it take to switch to V300 status? Is there a way to track the progress ?
Old 11-12-2017, 12:37 AM
Grimdaddy
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you still buy a GT3 2018 ....I just picked mine up----.....Is anyone else looking, if so what have you been coming up with....I feel like i have been through hell and back

Last edited by Grimdaddy; 11-12-2017 at 01:23 AM. Reason: typing error
Old 11-12-2017, 12:43 AM
Grimdaddy
8th Gear

so wait do you have one on order....like you actually have an allocation ---or are the promising you one? like a v70 status...
Old 11-12-2017, 12:44 AM
Grimdaddy
8th Gear

McLaren feel free to message me and i will explain the details....I have been buying porsche's for years...very well versed in all of this...
Old 11-12-2017, 01:06 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 182 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by DNorby
I asked today at the dealer I go to. He told me to wait till the 2nd year (I would like a GT3 Touring) and they will be available for the common man.
Based on what action by Porsche Germany? This is the opposite I’ve been hearing from my dealer. I hope you are right but dis he happen to say why he believed this?
Old 11-12-2017, 09:11 AM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by mclarenmaniac
Mine is V210 status. What does it mean ?
How much time does it take to switch to V300 status? Is there a way to track the progress ?
Ask your dealer for a screen shot of the build tracking. I believe V210 is the order has been submitted and should be locked very shortly. But until it reaches V250 you might not get a full schedule.

V300 is vehicle completion and could be a while out. Mine took about 40 days from the order being submitted and locked until vehicle completion.

Here is an example (not mine by the way)

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread