Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 08:55 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Soooo any rumours on next allocation drop timeline?

Sounds like in the US you are allocated until 4Q18. Are those in the US now waiting for 1Q19 if there will be such a thing? And bonus allocations for CY18?
Old 11-18-2017, 11:08 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Soooo any rumours on next allocation drop timeline?

Sounds like in the US you are allocated until 4Q18. Are those in the US now waiting for 1Q19 if there will be such a thing? And bonus allocations for CY18?
I don’t believe this is accurate. MY 2019 production allocations have not been made official. (June - ? Builds).
Old 11-18-2017, 11:15 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
I don €™t believe this is accurate. MY 2019 production allocations have not been made official. (June - ? Builds).
you could be right. I recall posts here about US dealers assigning "allocation" for late CY18. I didn't double check before my post though. Might not be actual allocations rather assumptive allocations.

In Canada I have heard from two dealers that allocations here are until July 2018 thus far.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:53 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

you could be right. I recall posts here about US dealers assigning "allocation" for late CY18. I didn't double check before my post though. Might not be actual allocations rather assumptive allocations.

In Canada I have heard from two dealers that allocations here are until July 2018 thus far.
I think this is correct. They have a ballpark based on past production goals. I hope the goals have changed.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:24 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,870 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I have an allocation for a July build September delivery.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:30 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,543 Likes on 5,065 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I have an allocation for a July build September delivery.
Wow, if I had to 10 months for a car, I'd rather just pay the ADM.

There's the time value of money.

Then there's something as equally important, if not more so. The time value of enjoyment.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:37 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,870 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Wow, if I had to 10 months for a car, I'd rather just pay the ADM.

There's the time value of money.

Then there's something as equally important, if not more so. The time value of enjoyment.
For this money, I’m speccing the build myself. Not buying some tarted up dealer car. And I have two other awesome Porsche’s to drive in the meantime. And it’s winter. And I’m not an impatient putz who ‘wants it now Daddy, I want it now.!’
Old 11-19-2017, 05:00 AM
Gonzogonzilla
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ve got to admit, my dealership treated me right. I’ve got my allocation for a Euro delivery in June at MSRP. I’ve never purchased a car from this dealership, but I do have a 997.1 GT3 and I’m PCA, which may have counted for something. My SA did quiz me as to my intentions; whether I lived in the area, I did, and so on. Wanted my address before he’d even consider putting me on the list. I kept in touch, via email, expressing my continued interest. I was eventually told that I the second round of allocations. When I went in to spec the car out, I got the impression that this dealership as a policy frowned on putting premiums over and above sticker. So far, the whole process has exceeded my expectations. Now it’s just wait till June.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gonzogonzilla
I’ve got to admit, my dealership treated me right. I’ve got my allocation for a Euro delivery in June at MSRP. I’ve never purchased a car from this dealership, but I do have a 997.1 GT3 and I’m PCA, which may have counted for something. My SA did quiz me as to my intentions; whether I lived in the area, I did, and so on. Wanted my address before he’d even consider putting me on the list. I kept in touch, via email, expressing my continued interest. I was eventually told that I the second round of allocations. When I went in to spec the car out, I got the impression that this dealership as a policy frowned on putting premiums over and above sticker. So far, the whole process has exceeded my expectations. Now it’s just wait till June.
I wish I was as lucky. I went with a smaller dealer that I’d bought cars from before and sells at MSRP, and after the last allocations he told me to look elsewhere as they won’t get enough to get to me. My back up at another dealer left so can’t help me. My local dealers in the Bay Area at MSRP have a very long list now or want to gouge you.

With the apparent availability of the car (and even the surprising availability of PTS), it’s just hugely frustrating. Happy for any leads folks may have but I feel the ship has sailed this time around.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:12 PM
the2thdr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=SToronto;14614059]you could be right. I recall posts here about US dealers assigning "allocation" for late CY18. I didn't double check before my post though. Might not be actual allocations rather assumptive allocations.

In Canada I have heard from two dealers that allocations here are until July 2018 thus far.[/QUOTE]

Have heard the exact same thing.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:15 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Can anyone that was in the game during .1 comment on the allocation this time and last? Is it the same, different...how so?

Were there bonus allocations after the main ones dropped during the same period?

Help me keep the dream alive!!!
Old 11-19-2017, 12:25 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 278 Likes on 134 Posts

The stars aligned and I found one 2 weeks ago. Local dealer I purchased previous 997.2 GT3 from. I had skipped 991.1 GT3 since it was PDK only. Managed get me a PTS Touring now. April delivery. Can't wait.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 774 Likes on 357 Posts

Can anyone that was in the game during .1 comment on the allocation this time and last? Is it the same, different...how so?

Were there bonus allocations after the main ones dropped during the same period?

Help me keep the dream alive!!!
The last time was interrupted of course, by the stop sale.

I think last time dealers abided more by place on the deposit list. This time around, I think they're picking and choosing based on different criteria.

The bonus allocations came later, so if you don't have one, don't panic, I think there's more to come. Not that I have any particular insight or inside information.

I do know that dealers are genuinely surprised at how few allocations there have been in Canada. Add that to the increased demand for the manual and you have a bunch of disappointed clients.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:48 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jamie140
The bonus allocations came later, so if you don't have one, don't panic, I think there's more to come. Not that I have any particular insight or inside information.

I do know that dealers are genuinely surprised at how few allocations there have been in Canada. Add that to the increased demand for the manual and you have a bunch of disappointed clients.
Later as in after the standard round passed? In our case now would we then see them in July-August 2018?

You’re right dealers have been saying that about the numbers. What’s the count at now based on Cam & Loess data, 125 or so built to-date. Then add in whatever builds between Dec-July.
Seems like a good number for small market. But maybe the market isn’t so small anymore with the manual frenzy and general fan fare from non traditional Porsche buyers.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:52 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 774 Likes on 357 Posts

Later as in after the standard round passed? In our case now would we then see them in July-August 2018?

You €™re right dealers have been saying that about the numbers. What €™s the count at now based on Cam & Loess data, 125 or so built to-date. Then add in whatever builds between Dec-July.
Seems like a good number for small market. But maybe the market isn €™t so small anymore with the manual frenzy and general fan fare from non traditional Porsche buyers.
That time frame would be my best guess. Keep in mind, I don't have a cleaning lady with any special insights.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread