Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 04:49 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
What is your explanation for the vast majority paying significantly below this "market" price on any given day by inking deals at MSRP?
No idea. I couldn't possibly explain the motivations behind every individual transaction on the market. Central committee members received free Lada's and bottles of single malt scotch in the former USSR -- I don't think $0 was the market price for Lada's and single malt in the free (black) market there.

What would be your definition of a market price for X?
Old 09-26-2017, 04:57 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

How can the ADM price of 20-30k over list be the "market" price when the vast majority of people are paying the lesser MSRP number? We have MSRP for the 80% and some level of ADM for the impatient and/or poorly connected 20%, but the latter is most certainly not the prevailing price. You seem to be assuming we have some open and efficient market, when we have nothing of the sort.
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah, I call BS on ADM being the "market" price....what ADMs are really are fishing for buyers willing to pay above market price.
Can you show me where I said ADM price of 20-30k over MSRP is market? I'd be fascinated to read that. And can you show me the data by which you determined "the vast majority of people are paying the lesser MSRP number"? Also fascinating. My point was that if there is enough demand for the car, then market will be ADM (MSRP plus premium). That's all. If people don't pay ADM, then the ADM asking prices will come down. It's really not tough to understand. I will tell you this, if you think there are no people out there paying ADM, you're delusional. You wouldn't have all of these dealerships (and brokers like that switchcars fellow) asking for these premiums if no was was willing to pay them. That's just common sense. With all of this said, I'd absolutely love to see everyone who wants a GT3 get one at MSRP. I'm an enthusiast and always happy when fellow enthusiasts/RLers get their desired cars at a good price. I really can't emphasize this enough. But you'll have to excuse me if I have a tough time ignoring the reality of basic market principles.

Anyway, good luck to everyone. This discussion is the same old drivel that has been covered ad nauseam in countless RL threads at this point.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:00 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
What would be your definition of a market price for X?

I don't disagree with your definition at all, but I don't think the GT3 market is one market nor an open market. I think it is very inefficient and fractured, subject to artificial controls by PAG and most akin to a black market where most transactions are occurring below the black market price.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:12 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes, its a business.

Originally Posted by mass27
^ Good point. I spoke to a local dealer and when they said they wanted a massive ADM on the GT3, I said, even at MSRP there is a lot of profit. His answer, "That's true and it would be a great situation to sell every single car at MSRP. 95% of our sales are much lower than MSRP."

It was an interesting concept, but seemed accurate nonetheless. Who pays MSRP on their Toyota or Honda or Cayenne?

Imagine if there wasn't any negotiation regarding a car price on any new car at a dealer.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:36 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by 81911
Too bad youÂ’re quoted so much on this post and canÂ’t edit it. Very poor analogy that shows your lack of knowledge but hey, itÂ’s RL. Everyone is right!
Lol, I have no reason to edit it.
Quote away. Everyone always thinks the other side is a complete moron. This is no different than a political debate. Everyone calls each other idiots. Nobody's mind will ever be changed.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:45 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Lol, I have no reason to edit it.
Quote away. Everyone always thinks the other side is a complete moron. This is no different than a political debate. Everyone calls each other idiots. Nobody's mind will ever be changed.
Apparently Auto Gallery's mind was changed, and frankly the dealers are the only minds worth changing.

Most of the guys on here asserting that some ADM price of whatever amount over MSRP is the "market" price, are the same guys (myself included) who are magically buying at MSRP and well below this supposed market price. My point is that the ADM number (10k, 20k, 30k) is not reflective of the most common transaction price- MSRP.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:57 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

Do dealers have visibility in the internal porsche portal to see what allocations other dealers have?
Old 09-26-2017, 11:30 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

I asked my SA today and he was all "maybe" and he'll look into it. Cool, but he also said to configure one and give him the number. Not sure what that has to do with anything but I did. We'll see.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:44 PM
Schmed
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 77 Posts

My SA took my deposit a few months back, so i decided to check in with him recently. He gave a song and dance answer about allocations, customer loyalty, maybe they'll release more, etc. etc. etc.

Given that response, I doubt I'm actually even on his list. Maybe I'll buy a boat instead.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:56 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Market price is the marginal price. Sure, some (lots) get one at MSRP. Maybe they bought 7 porsches or have been on the list for three years. But find an allocation now and it will cost you $20-30k over. If someone knows different, post the dealer. The $10k over are gone as far as I can tell and I don’t see anyone offering $15k over.

Makes no matter to me as I am not a flipper, but let’s be real with what market is.

What will be interesting is when the flippers start listing actual cars. Then the market will reveal itself.

Last edited by evilfij; 09-27-2017 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:21 PM
ilovecarbs
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Finally went V200 today. May '18 delivery. Now time to wait.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:54 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 424 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
....find an allocation now and it will cost you $20-30k over. If someone knows different, post the dealer.
SA at Beverly Hills, with a straight face, quoted my buddy $100k over earlier this week. He added that those dealerships who are taking deposits at MSRP (and yes he specifically mentioned one particular dealer in the Valley who has a list with 40 names on it) are secretly booting those customers down the list and selling their allocation to other customers who come in later and agree to pay ADM.

5 minutes later, he was down to $40k over. What a bargain!

So much BS, hard to know even where to start.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:56 PM
jujak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
SA at Beverly Hills, with a straight face, quoted my buddy $100k over earlier this week. He added that those dealerships who are taking deposits at MSRP (and yes he specifically mentioned one particular dealer in the Valley who has a list with 40 names on it) are secretly booting those customers down the list and selling their allocation to other customers who come in later and agree to pay ADM.

5 minutes later, he was down to $40k over.

So much BS, hard to know even where to start.
Lies about Auto Gallery, I know for a fact that someone I know offered 20k over msrp with them(Auto gallery) on the last round of allocations, and was turned down and was told they go by their list and will sell at msrp when your number is called....
Old 09-27-2017, 06:58 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jujak
Lies about Auto Gallery, I know for a fact that someone I know offered 20k over msrp with them on the last round of allocations, and was turned down and was told they go by their list and will sell at msrp when your number is called....
He should of tried $40k!
Old 09-27-2017, 07:02 PM
jujak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He should of tried $40k!
lol. I am sure he would have, but he got one at southbay for 20k over after auto gallery turned him down.

I believe that AutoGallery has been true to their word at least since March 17, when they got a new GM to run that dealership. Many rennlisters have also verified that they have been legit as of late.

But I am sure if someone was willing to spend 100k+ over msrp they would probably make an exception lol.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread