Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017 | 02:14 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LnC993
I'm trying to get a sample of maybe 50 cars to get an idea on how these car are actually specced with some of the options that are often discussed.

So far I've found 15 incoming GT3s and here's the early result.

so much Bose! 🤔
Old 10-04-2017 | 02:48 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

This is really cool to see what people are ordering. It would great to see this on a larger scale and compare to all the polls.
Old 10-04-2017 | 02:52 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

I'm trying to get a sample of maybe 50 cars to get an idea on how these car are actually specced with some of the options that are often discussed.

Thanks for putting this together. I, too, would be grateful to see this on a larger scale.

It's odd to see only one build that is not a black/silver/grey/white color. Where are all the colors?

The amount of Bose is also interesting.
Old 10-04-2017 | 03:00 PM
TM5
Rennlist Member

here's another data point

A dealer where i had my name on the "list" called today to say they were granted 2 additional GT3's that were pre configured by Porsche and will be at the dealer within 30 days - both approx $180K MSRP, 1 manual Black, 1 PDK Miami Blue. Doing me a "favor" to see if i wanted one at $25K over....

happy to pass along the dealer info to anyone interested...
Old 10-04-2017 | 03:10 PM
Rezus
Racer

Originally Posted by 0to60
You are correct. Made a typo as I was angry typing my response. I want all on this forum to know their business practices.
Funny you say that, I bought a 16 GTS from them about 2 years ago and asked to be put on the list if a manual GT3 was offered as rumored back then. Got the call to send in a build number but condition was that I had to trade in the GTS..I wonder what they would offer
GM Phil was very nice to deal with and I got a good deal on GTS but the GT cars seem to be a different business.
Old 10-04-2017 | 03:37 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0to60
At the time wholesale value was 138k-142k and they were firm on 110k. Car stickered at 155k. So they were 15k UNDER wholesale. Crooks
trADeM
Old 10-04-2017 | 03:48 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

not sure I understand this amount of PCCB's. If these are going to be primarily street cars I can tell you that braking with these on a daily basis is no fun and if you order a manual box forget about trying to heel and toe if you're on the street; there won't be enough heat in them to do so properly. You'll just end up knocking your fillings out of your teeth and hoping the guy tailgating you doesn't stuff his car into your wing.

I would only get these for eye candy if your car is going to be a cars and coffee type of thing. As for the track, once you go through a set of those rotors; you will be swapping for steels in a minute
Old 10-04-2017 | 03:53 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by leif997
not sure I understand this amount of PCCB's. If these are going to be primarily street cars I can tell you that braking with these on a daily basis is no fun and if you order a manual box forget about trying to heel and toe if you're on the street; there won't be enough heat in them to do so properly. You'll just end up knocking your fillings out of your teeth and hoping the guy tailgating you doesn't stuff his car into your wing.
I think a lot of people would disagree with you. For a street car, the only reason I wouldn't spec PCCB is if the cost were an issue. They're awesome on the street. Doesn't shock me at all that a lot of people are speccing them.
Old 10-04-2017 | 04:09 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I think a lot of people would disagree with you. For a street car, the only reason I wouldn't spec PCCB is if the cost were an issue. They're awesome on the street. Doesn't shock me at all that a lot of people are speccing them.
cost not being an issue I believe they are overkill on the street and not worth the trouble on the track.

had them on my 7.1 RS and 1.1 GT3 and 997 GT2. best brakes I had and best feedback was on 7.1 GT3 with steels

Just saying.

Here's my current order: might add smoker package to get the added charging recepticle?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJDZQ5I2
Old 10-04-2017 | 04:39 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

And not one person took the free wheel finish ....
Old 10-04-2017 | 04:39 PM
captainkirk
Pro

I am surprised to see that majority of the orders are with PDK. I thought everyone wanted manual as this is technically a newer 911R type car.
Old 10-04-2017 | 05:01 PM
hlvg
Instructor

Originally Posted by captainkirk
I am surprised to see that majority of the orders are with PDK. I thought everyone wanted manual as this is technically a newer 911R type car.
I think the PDK is so good (esp. on the GT3s) that even hard core manual guys (like me) hesitate or even change their mind.
Old 10-04-2017 | 05:15 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

I'm surprised by the amount of PCCB. I thought most track drivers preferred steel.

Also surprised by the amount of LWB. I thought more of the street driving buyers would prefer the 18 way.
Old 10-04-2017 | 05:25 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

If I get one, which I probably won't as I have no allocation and will never pay ADM, I'd prob spec MT just because its old school and all that, and I'd drive it as often as I could but probably never truly "track" it. Also I really don't like the OMG LOOK AT MEEEEE! Rear wing. It's way overkill for anything other than a pure track thrashing toy and this wouldn't be that to me. I do think it's cool to a point, but I really hate the extra attention it would bring.

But man is the PDK awesome. It's even better in the GT3. And you can go full out whenever you want without risk of overrevs or money shifts. Who cares in a Mustang GT or a Miata, but trying to time hundreds of shifts a day to max it out within a few mph of a deep 5 figure repair bill just to maybe gain 0.01 somewhere where no one will notice or care except you (and even then maybe not)? Nah.

While that's a bit on the extreme, even normal spirited driving where you'd want to ring all amazing 9000rpms out of it, I have a hard time thinking I'd manually force the limiter like that every upshift, and there's no way to do it that precisely on downshifts without risking a 5 to maybe 6 figure bill, which is what it probably would be considering diminished value and all that. Some have posted that they love the thrill of that chance, but not me. It would be my keeper and I just wouldn't risk that.

If the MT offered was the PDKish 7 speed, I'd definitely just go PDK. But the tie breaker for me is that it's the (allegedly) awesome 6 speed from the R. I'm sure someone will chime in to add that has a different washer for the drain plug or something who knows. But I'd have a hard time passing that gearbox up, especially for how I'd use it. Not to mention, ditching the wing requires MT so those two things would settle it for me.

But it wouldn't be a slam dunk easy decision. While 0-60 is by no means the ultimate speed or even acceleration barometer, its disturbing to think I'd be paying big bucks to get out of a .1S (PDK) and have about the same 0-60 time as I have now. Yes I know, that's with LC which you never really use etc. I wouldn't lament a tenth or so, but .5-.6 is pretty significant.

Well anyway it's a moot point as I'm not an early mover and won't pay ADM so I'll have to settle for C&C or a winter storage facility to see one and maybe sit in it for a few minutes.
Old 10-04-2017 | 05:30 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Goes to show you that what people talk about and what they vote on a poll is not what they ultimately decide when pen comes to paper.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread