Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 10:36 PM
ilovecarbs
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
No, that is incorrect. Dealers have been told exactly how many allocations they're getting and the tentative build dates of those cars. It is not what they expect to get. Obviously, the build dates are tentative, but U.S. dealers already know exactly how many allocations they are getting for 2018 build dates, save for any later bonus allocations. Brett and CJ have already confirmed this, as have many other non-RL sponsor dealers.
Thank you, this was what I was inquiring about in my original post.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:10 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 754 Posts

Still crickets in Canada?
Old 08-29-2017, 09:19 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
I've still got my fingers crossed and the pile of chicken bones in my garden is getting unreasonable but still none for me.

Still hoping though! My SA knows how badly I want it and what I'm gonna do with it.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:59 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
I just got back from my dealer with my commission number in hand! for a May 2018 delivery. So I assume its a April 2018 build.

I decided to chance it with the PTS request, so i may go back to the end of line if it gets denied but I'm not in any hurry.
^
JLee Congrats! I can't wait to see your build. What color are you thinking?
Not another Voodoo...
Old 08-29-2017, 12:32 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
Change the paint color and whatever else you see fit but do it in one go. I would avoid pts or other cxx options that are not on the configuration. Just my opinion.
Haku a Big thank you my GM confirmed changes today , I'm good to go and delivery should be around Thanksgiving time and best part msrp
Old 08-29-2017, 01:29 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

I can't help but think all the recent messaging about "all allocations have been issued" is awfully convenient for dealers, many of whom are now talking about healthy ADM's (SoCal is special case - now seems to be country-wide). My understanding is that Porsche is on pace to make fewer 991.2 GT3's than 991.1 GT3's; seems odd given parent company woes following the VW emissions issues - you'd think they'd want to crank out as many as possible (along with other high-margin products).
Old 08-29-2017, 01:58 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
I can't help but think all the recent messaging about "all allocations have been issued" is awfully convenient for dealers, many of whom are now talking about healthy ADM's (SoCal is special case - now seems to be country-wide). My understanding is that Porsche is on pace to make fewer 991.2 GT3's than 991.1 GT3's; seems odd given parent company woes following the VW emissions issues - you'd think they'd want to crank out as many as possible (along with other high-margin products).
Same BS like with the other iterations. They will release more. Listen, you call your Dealer and you say" Have you received all your allocations??" - "of course" he is going to say- "Absolutely".They are all helping to create a feeding frenzy

But - yes - there will be less .2s than .1s due to time constraints and the GT2RS.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:56 PM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
I've heard that it's hopeful for another wave of allocations in October in Canada. I think it's all gonna be alright.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:25 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got told I'm getting an allocation for a car in 2018, unknown build date. So excited!!!!
Old 08-29-2017, 05:37 PM
smudge07
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smudge07
Thats a good shout - weasel words is spot on.... I called and spoke with them today - very apologetic and says they are committed to getting me a car. Said he was being vague because although they should get further cars he can't promise. Keeping everything crossed for next year...
More BS from my dealer in Glasgow, UK. I have sent an email to the lawyer who got damages for an RS customer in England - thanks again Archimedes and Blkdsr12
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news...-sold-his-car/

I have nothing to loose - so annoyed would put anyone off a brand...

They took my money 2.5 years ago told me I was 7th on their list and now saying there is no list and loyal customers get GT cars. I have that dealership service, MOT, work on my car and bought the 911 within the Porsche franchise.(spent 5,000 grand there last year). I kept in regular contact with the dealer and at no point did they tell me there is no list and I need to buy 10 cars in a 2.5 year period to qualify!!!!

latest email below:

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the email and my apologies for the delayed response.

The first of our 991.2 GT3 models are scheduled to arrive in the next month or so however in terms of our allocation for 2018, this will not be made available to us until the turn of the year at the earliest. It isn’t possible for me to know how many cars Porsche are going to build and subsequently allocate to Porsche Glasgow which is why I am unable to give you anything more concrete. There is also a chance, albeit a remote one, that Porsche do not continue the production of the GT3 next year and instead move straight to the RS model.

I appreciate it is frustrating that I can’t do more other than to say “we will supply you vehicle if next year’s allocation is sufficient” but that is the position and we will clarify it as soon as possible. The information you were given at the time of placing your deposit was inaccurate as we do not operate a “list.” Instead GT cars are supplied to clients known to the dealership as a way of ensuring we don’t fuel the speculator market and also rewarding customer loyalty.

I understand this isn’t what you were led to believe and to make amends for this we have committed to supplying you with a car in this generation or the next as an absolute worst case scenario.

If you would like to discuss further I’m available at any time to do so, failing that, Neil will keep you informed of any further developments.

Kind Regards
Old 08-29-2017, 06:05 PM
SteveFrench
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smudge07
More BS from my dealer in Glasgow, UK. I have sent an email to the lawyer who got damages for an RS customer in England - thanks again Archimedes and Blkdsr12
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news...-sold-his-car/

I have nothing to loose - so annoyed would put anyone off a brand...

They took my money 2.5 years ago told me I was 7th on their list and now saying there is no list and loyal customers get GT cars. I have that dealership service, MOT, work on my car and bought the 911 within the Porsche franchise.(spent 5,000 grand there last year). I kept in regular contact with the dealer and at no point did they tell me there is no list and I need to buy 10 cars in a 2.5 year period to qualify!!!!

latest email below:

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the email and my apologies for the delayed response.

The first of our 991.2 GT3 models are scheduled to arrive in the next month or so however in terms of our allocation for 2018, this will not be made available to us until the turn of the year at the earliest. It isn’t possible for me to know how many cars Porsche are going to build and subsequently allocate to Porsche Glasgow which is why I am unable to give you anything more concrete. There is also a chance, albeit a remote one, that Porsche do not continue the production of the GT3 next year and instead move straight to the RS model.

I appreciate it is frustrating that I can’t do more other than to say “we will supply you vehicle if next year’s allocation is sufficient” but that is the position and we will clarify it as soon as possible. The information you were given at the time of placing your deposit was inaccurate as we do not operate a “list.” Instead GT cars are supplied to clients known to the dealership as a way of ensuring we don’t fuel the speculator market and also rewarding customer loyalty.

I understand this isn’t what you were led to believe and to make amends for this we have committed to supplying you with a car in this generation or the next as an absolute worst case scenario.

If you would like to discuss further I’m available at any time to do so, failing that, Neil will keep you informed of any further developments.

Kind Regards

Jesus, man. They swindled you pretty good.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:06 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone know production dates for USA allocations handed out this week? My dealer doesn't know yet, does PTS request push back your build date even if rejected?
Old 08-29-2017, 10:21 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
......My understanding is that Porsche is on pace to make fewer 991.2 GT3's than 991.1 GT3's; seems odd given parent company woes following the VW emissions issues - you'd think they'd want to crank out as many as possible (along with other high-margin products).
They will. It is their stated intent at least with the .2 GT3. However, right now its best for the dealer network to play hard to get on the allocations, which, from past experience, is what the customers expect anyway.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:36 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 322 Likes on 170 Posts

Does anyone have any insight into allocations in other markets (EU)? Wondering if there's a possibility that a disproportionate share of 2018 builds went to EU markets ahead of the euro 6c regs and maybe NA/ROW builds will ramp up in late '18 into '19....
Old 08-30-2017, 09:50 AM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 265 Posts

So now I guess that the dealers cant move any more allocations above MSRP, they are actually starting to advertise:

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread