Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 10:10 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
So now I guess that the dealers cant move any more allocations above MSRP, they are actually starting to advertise:

Don't get your hopes up. Is that P of Arlington, VA? In any case, when you inquire about them you'll learn of their $40k - $50k premium expectations. Sad but true...capitalism at its finest.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:16 AM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Don't get your hopes up. Is that P of Arlington, VA? In any case, when you inquire about them you'll learn of their $40k - $50k premium expectations. Sad but true...capitalism at its finest.
I got a similar email for GT2 RS from them
Old 08-30-2017, 10:37 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Yeah. Nothing about that suggests they're charging MSRP. If they were, they wouldn't need to advertise.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:50 AM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
So now I guess that the dealers cant move any more allocations above MSRP, they are actually starting to advertise:
I'm assuming they have a list of customers with deposits waiting for an allocation but turning down their ADM. Seeing an advertisement like that would make me livid.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:12 AM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 424 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by manitou202
I'm assuming they have a list of customers with deposits waiting for an allocation but turning down their ADM...
Yes. That's my impression too. Easy to find available allocations with ADM now. Since they cant seem to move those, the next step is to advertise. When nobody bites on the ads, only then might they consider dropping the ADM.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:16 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Pre-Thanksgiving sale.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Old 08-30-2017, 11:26 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Pre-Thanksgiving sale.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Everyone should simply not purchase from this dealership.. I know it likely won't happen 'cus some just have to have the car, no matter the cost... But if they were left to flounder, I am sure it would be an impact statement to dealers who are looking to fleece their customers..

If my local dealers operated like this I would likely move away from the Porsche brand all together..
Old 08-30-2017, 01:45 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Everyone should simply not purchase from this dealership.. I know it likely won't happen 'cus some just have to have the car, no matter the cost... But if they were left to flounder, I am sure it would be an impact statement to dealers who are looking to fleece their customers..

If my local dealers operated like this I would likely move away from the Porsche brand all together..
Starting to bother me that there is pretty much radio silence from my SA. They might have nothing to share but an update would be appreciated once every 2 months.

I think we might have to move away because there are no cars to buy. At this point I wouldn't buy a regular series 911, just not of interest, maybe Targa but likely not. 718, not one of my favorites. Panamera, Turismo, Macan and Cayenne don't work for my families needs. Used air cooler and 991 series GT sucks in terms of market values versus the want/need to have. Maybe time to start entertaining other brands.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:22 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Starting to bother me that there is pretty much radio silence from my SA. They might have nothing to share but an update would be appreciated once every 2 months.

I think we might have to move away because there are no cars to buy. At this point I wouldn't buy a regular series 911, just not of interest, maybe Targa but likely not. 718, not one of my favorites. Panamera, Turismo, Macan and Cayenne don't work for my families needs. Used air cooler and 991 series GT sucks in terms of market values versus the want/need to have. Maybe time to start entertaining other brands.
I hear you.. The last convo I had with my SA/Dealer was regarding the GT2RS. I've not mentioned anything about my incoming .2 GT3 allocation as I was told early on that allocations for me would likely come late q4... It helped that I knew where I stood in the overall picture (list, queue, etc).

I figure i've waited since 2015.. what's another few months..

Oh and I posted in local forum that we may have to entertain an AMG GTR GB!
Old 08-30-2017, 02:44 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

I just saw where Audi is slated to reveal a new R8 GT in Frankfurt. Naturally aspirated V10 with rear-wheel drive only! Should be a significant weight loss without the Quattro! Might be worth a look.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:53 PM
StanfordCardGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
I hear you.. The last convo I had with my SA/Dealer was regarding the GT2RS. I've not mentioned anything about my incoming .2 GT3 allocation as I was told early on that allocations for me would likely come late q4... It helped that I knew where I stood in the overall picture (list, queue, etc).

I figure i've waited since 2015.. what's another few months..

Oh and I posted in local forum that we may have to entertain an AMG GTR GB!
This is the right perspective to have. I've been working with Brett from Sonnen and have been waiting for over a year now. I'm not expecting my car for another 1.5 years and know there's a chance I might not even get one (I've also hedged my bets by getting in line for the 992.1 GT3). But, I'm willing to wait to see if there are any new options after the first run of cars and to get a later model year car. Sure I can give in and pay some of the other bay area dealers 25k+ to indulge any impatient tendencies, but the bay area is expensive enough without haphazard spending habits.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:15 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by StanfordCardGT3
This is the right perspective to have. I've been working with Brett from Sonnen and have been waiting for over a year now. I'm not expecting my car for another 1.5 years and know there's a chance I might not even get one (I've also hedged my bets by getting in line for the 992.1 GT3). But, I'm willing to wait to see if there are any new options after the first run of cars and to get a later model year car. Sure I can give in and pay some of the other bay area dealers 25k+ to indulge any impatient tendencies, but the bay area is expensive enough without haphazard spending habits.
I'd be patient if I was given some info. There has been no guidance as to estimated time, where I stand on the list, if allocations have landed etc. That's the issue I have. With some info I could make a decision to either wait or move on.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:19 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

I'd be patient if I was given some info. There has been no guidance as to estimated time, where I stand on the list, if allocations have landed etc. That's the issue I have. With some info I could make a decision to either wait or move on.
I understand and agree completely. My situation to a T
Old 08-30-2017, 03:25 PM
StanfordCardGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I can emphasize - some dealers are better than others.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:27 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,454 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
I just saw where Audi is slated to reveal a new R8 GT in Frankfurt. Naturally aspirated V10 with rear-wheel drive only! Should be a significant weight loss without the Quattro! Might be worth a look.
I just wish they would bring back the Gated Manual

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread