Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 10:12 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,988 Likes on 2,273 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
The part that really gets me, the written agreement I have stated it will be sold at MSRP and they get first right of refusal when it gets sold.

So, my point being, they are more interested in marking it up than keeping a promise that is in writing. I also helped them sell the last GT3 I had, after I traded it in on our Macan. Got them some additional maintenance items to help with a prospective buyer months after I sold it to them, that's what really gets me.

Where is USCtrojan; sounds like we need to have a drink or three and grumble about this
Man, sorry to hear that...this is the kind of stuff that really makes my blood boil. You try to establish a relationship only to get F'ed over when you raise your hand when it's your turn to be taken care of. Unreal.

Let me know when you are out in CA or Vegas and I'll buy the beers and give you my stories of being lied to, treated like I don't exist, and a dealer going MIA on me.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:28 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17
So I'm in the northeast I'm 6th on the "list" got a call from my gm about number 2 on the list has a build coming in November and no longer wants it bc its pdk , and would like my allocation if it comes to fruition. ( this dealer received 6 .1's) I prefer MT but not a must have since this will be track toy and have MT Spyder. The build is v210 so changes are not likely. My only issue is it has 18 ways vs lwb. Gm is checking to see if his rep can put in a special request to change seats to lwb other than that happy w the build. So dilemma roll the dice and hope I get an allocation that I can build or go w the sure thing?
After reading this thread my concern is there will not be as many allocations as everyone anticipated

Advice welcomed
Afaik, V210 is not a lock, V250 is fixed and usually just a week or so before production. The only thing to bear in mind is that with a change to an order, there's always a chance that the production schedule could change. My suggestion would be to go through the build and submit all your changes in one go.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:32 AM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
Afaik, V210 is not a lock, V250 is fixed and usually just a week or so before production. The only thing to bear in mind is that with a change to an order, there's always a chance that the production schedule could change. My suggestion would be to go through the build and submit all your changes in one go.

For me being in northeast nov vs January delivery makes no difference so totally ok if it gets delayed
That's great news would it be possible to change paint color too or just subtle changes
The build currently is GmB which is # 2 or 3 on my list chalk is my top
Old 08-23-2017, 01:49 AM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 207 Posts

I know it's been asked earlier, but didn't see any confirmation. Does anyone know what's happening with the Canadian allocations?
Old 08-23-2017, 02:34 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by NevB
Welcome! Any pics?
I have hundreds of pics of the Museum. However Porsche takes your camera's and phones away, when you go inside the Factory, across the road. They just took my phone, we walked outside and a White 918 pulled up at the lights, right in front of us. The tour guide says, "You don't see that everyday." I almost punched him. Then we go across the road to the factory. Never before have I ever seen, so much worthy of being photographed when I never had my phone.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:22 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by Rxpert
I know it's been asked earlier, but didn't see any confirmation. Does anyone know what's happening with the Canadian allocations?
Still waiting but we have a smaller sampling of buyers on RL to provide news. There is a thread in the Canada section.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:59 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17
For me being in northeast nov vs January delivery makes no difference so totally ok if it gets delayed
That's great news would it be possible to change paint color too or just subtle changes
The build currently is GmB which is # 2 or 3 on my list chalk is my top
Change the paint color and whatever else you see fit but do it in one go. I would avoid pts or other cxx options that are not on the configuration. Just my opinion.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:08 AM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
Change the paint color and whatever else you see fit but do it in one go. I would avoid pts or other cxx options that are not on the configuration. Just my opinion.
Got it thanks
Old 08-23-2017, 09:14 AM
Patrick Bateman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Dealer in Northeast who I have had deposit down since February 2016:

"after looking at first year allocation and your position on our wait list and discussing with upper management, it's realistic to expect you would be able to get a vehicle not next year but rather the year following assuming they're still making them. unlikely it would be next year as I hoped.

I understand if you want to shift gears into a McLaren but would encourage you to keep order with small refundable deposit in place. for a refundable $100 deposit or so that we have, best not to lose your position here unnecessarily....ya never know."

I also expressed my frustration with the whole process of buying a GT car especially as someone who is an enthusiast who will drive this car, not look to it as an investment and his reply was great.

He said "Agree on both sides of the desk"

The whole process of buying a GT car almost takes the excitement out of the car for me. I have bought / leased 3 vehicles in the last 3 years from this dealer. I am going to spin my wheels in a McLaren 570s for now until I hear otherwise. I am a manual fan and want the manual GT3 but I test drove the 570s yesterday and that thing is a monster. They want Porsche to keep playing these games so they can console the customers and make them McLaren fans. Great experience there yesterday!
Old 08-23-2017, 09:20 AM
DJM48
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Husaberg44 on the allocation!

From the tone of your original post I suspect this will be a long term keeper for you
Old 08-23-2017, 10:41 AM
SKY57
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Still waiting but we have a smaller sampling of buyers on RL to provide news. There is a thread in the Canada section.
Called my SA last week and got 'we don't know how 2018 allocations will look like and previous allocations have been given out'.

I tried to find a low-mileage 2015 GT3 but they are still around $30K over MSRP here in Toronto area.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:43 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 434 Likes on 248 Posts

Given where RS prices are I don't know how GT3s can still be asking $30k over...
Old 08-23-2017, 11:12 AM
SKY57
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
Given where RS prices are I don't know how GT3s can still be asking $30k over...
In Canadian Dollar:

GT3 MSRP was around $165K including reasonable options.
Current asking price is round $185K for 2014 and $195K for 2015.

GT3 RS MSRP was around $230K with options and current asking price is $270-$300K still.

Different country has different 2nd hand market I guess?
Old 08-23-2017, 12:19 PM
PwAg
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PwAg
Just got an update from my local dealer (Stevinson Porsche Denver CO), currently #11 on the list. I have no relationship with them, never bought a new Porsche, purchased a Lexus LX570 from their sister dealer. I have not put down any form of deposit, put my name down about 10-12 months prior to announcement. My SA told me that the dealer is planning a major upsize/new construction, and their allocations will be upsized significantly. The SA seemed confident when stating I will get a build at msrp, potentially in 6 months to start getting communication about it. Was told to send in my build configuration, which I did. Will be a 6spd manual config.

Am I getting smoke blown up my a**? Or is it possible the hysteria is fading behind the scenes, lists are not as dense as expected (ie people peeling off)? I was very excited about the news, just don't want to get my hopes up. Anything I can ask in particular to help establish the veracity of my position? Tx.
Posted this last week. Well my cynicism got the better of me after some of you shared your input. Still no response in writing from SA confirming what we discussed. Decided to stop in after work yesterday with my helmet to drill down on 4-way/LWBS fit in 991.1 GT3/RS. Talked myself into the General Sales Manager office.

Was essentially told the list is flexible and the 918 guys are not included on it. He was not as positive on my chances as SA, but said it was still a decent chance. Was told by another SA this dealer had 20 allocations for .1, SM stated 5mins later that was incorrect info. Wouldn't give me .1 #'s, why not? Have no prior experience with this dealer or new Porsche purchase, but found the following odd. Was told by Sales Manager to send him an email talking about myself, ie brief life story/what I'll do with the car/what I do? Is this normal? I can see if they want to know financial means to protect against flakes on a delivery, but other stuff? Maybe they want to protect against garage queen types (not me)? I previously provided my home address (one of most affluent areas of town), they can see it was new build & scrape purchased in cash/owned outright. I'd be in top 1% of their historical buyers, but I don't feel they need to know that. I'm extremely private. Getting interviewed to buy a car, yay, sounds like my Ferrari experiences. Wife thought it's tackey, suggested I just pay the ~$10k ADM somewhere else, not be bothered about my personal life/jerked around with a flexible list. But it's only a GT3, simply dont want to pay it on principle. Going to focus on other vehicle for now. Hunt for a 675LT/458/RS/GT4 6spd, look for some softened winter prices. Oh well, have to stay positive, only a damn car.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:22 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by SKY57
Called my SA last week and got 'we don't know how 2018 allocations will look like and previous allocations have been given out'.

I tried to find a low-mileage 2015 GT3 but they are still around $30K over MSRP here in Toronto area.
Wonder if they'd bite on a MSRP offer. Depends on what they paid and how long they are willing to carry the car I guess. Believe they have been sitting for months.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread