McLaren Success

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 01:03 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by Erod24
if it makes you feel better this is my Patek beater lol
Yeah that’s nice but what about this baby. Right from my collection.

Battery is dead but CVS has batteries in stock. It’s got that cool jet on the dial too!👍
Old 08-08-2020, 01:13 AM
horns
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 106 Posts

Can anyone tell me the holy trinity of man purses please?
The following 3 users liked this post by horns:
pdxjim (08-09-2020), PierreTT (08-11-2020), sampelligrino (08-08-2020)
Old 08-08-2020, 01:18 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by horns
Can anyone tell me the holy trinity of man purses please?
Sorry. Beyond me. I would pm Yippie and Unotaz though. They are well versed in that Holy Trinity stuff.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:45 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Sorry. Beyond me. I would pm Yippie and Unotaz though. They are well versed in that Holy Trinity stuff.

What is obvious to me is how on the money Unotaz was with his comment about you being butt hurt. First you find out that your precious 3rs isn’t a supercar and you post an article that puts a 3RS in the same league as a Chiron and P1 to try to make yourself feel better.

Then you realize that your precious Day Date is not the haute horological timepiece that you thought it was.

The sad part is that the Porsche and Rolex are in and of them selves brilliant pieces of machinery in their own right. Hell I daily drove a 3rs for a year. Loved that car and will add another one to the garage when our new house is built and I have more garage space. And I think every single person on this site would congratulate and celebrate someone who says, I know there are other great cars but the 3rs has been my dream car and I’m so happy to finally own it. I don’t really care what else is out there.

Atleast that person is genuinely appreciative of the Porsche and doesn’t try to pretend it’s more than what it is.

But whether it’s all you can afford or it’s just plain ignorance on your part, that you try to elevate your car and watch to a standing above what they are just cause you can’t stand the fact that maybe just maybe what you own is not the pinnacle of anything but just a good car and good watch. Nothing more. Certainly not worthy of all your trolling and constant attempts to justify your possessions as the greatest things since sliced bread.

Add to that the non stop posts where you are literally responding to your self in an effort to bump this thread. Trying to get the attention of anyone who will listen like a schoolboy who came in last in PE in the 60 yard dash, losing to the girl in glasses and a limp, telling the whole class that you really are fast at running.

Its ok wax. Enjoy your exotic and your haute horological masterpiece. Keep telling yourself that there is nothing else even worth considering. Close that mind a little bit more. I mean hell, If wax owns it, it must be awesome.

Btw, If you want another Nardin for your collection, I hear there is a sale at J C Penny and they have Nardins and Chopards on sale. Better stock up cause of their limited availability. Cause you know, they are so in demand. Actually check that- Walmart has some in stock so I think you have plenty of options to add to your collection.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:44 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

I really hate to interrupt this erudite conversation with a dumb question. but I'm just curious about wearing this watches to Mexico thing from approx 5 pages ago.. what unsavory thing happens to watches un mexico exactly? is that sort of like what happened to my bicycle in Oakland (akin to a disappearing Houdini type situation)

All I know about mexico is that it makes cars go faster on the internet. Sort of on that topic.. which do you think is faster around Laguna Seca on same day... Pagani Huayra BC or McLaren Senna..?

Ps: this guy might know the answer because he was there when it happened (he wasn't wearing a watch though)

Name:  photo752.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  1.39 MB

Last edited by CAlexio; 08-08-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:51 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
What is obvious to me is how on the money Unotaz was with his comment about you being butt hurt. First you find out that your precious 3rs isn’t a supercar and you post an article that puts a 3RS in the same league as a Chiron and P1 to try to make yourself feel better.

Then you realize that your precious Day Date is not the haute horological timepiece that you thought it was.

The sad part is that the Porsche and Rolex are in and of them selves brilliant pieces of machinery in their own right. Hell I daily drove a 3rs for a year. Loved that car and will add another one to the garage when our new house is built and I have more garage space. And I think every single person on this site would congratulate and celebrate someone who says, I know there are other great cars but the 3rs has been my dream car and I’m so happy to finally own it. I don’t really care what else is out there.

Atleast that person is genuinely appreciative of the Porsche and doesn’t try to pretend it’s more than what it is.

But whether it’s all you can afford or it’s just plain ignorance on your part, that you try to elevate your car and watch to a standing above what they are just cause you can’t stand the fact that maybe just maybe what you own is not the pinnacle of anything but just a good car and good watch. Nothing more. Certainly not worthy of all your trolling and constant attempts to justify your possessions as the greatest things since sliced bread.

Add to that the non stop posts where you are literally responding to your self in an effort to bump this thread. Trying to get the attention of anyone who will listen like a schoolboy who came in last in PE in the 60 yard dash, losing to the girl in glasses and a limp, telling the whole class that you really are fast at running.

Its ok wax. Enjoy your exotic and your haute horological masterpiece. Keep telling yourself that there is nothing else even worth considering. Close that mind a little bit more. I mean hell, If wax owns it, it must be awesome.

Btw, If you want another Nardin for your collection, I hear there is a sale at J C Penny and they have Nardins and Chopards on sale. Better stock up cause of their limited availability. Cause you know, they are so in demand. Actually check that- Walmart has some in stock so I think you have plenty of options to add to your collection.
I love the smell of the smell of nouveau rich condescension in the morning. Not surprised. You two make quite the pair. 😉

😎

Last edited by Waxer; 08-08-2020 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:53 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

I don't think Waxer got the point bro... it must be all of us, definitely not him
Old 08-08-2020, 01:16 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

This thread just keeps giving. Almost feel that I should be paying for the entertainment.

Anyway, test drove a 650S a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what words I could use to describe the experience. Simply another level wrt the 991.1/.2 GT3s I’ve driven (or a couple of other exotics). The 675LT must be madness. And at this point, it’s an affordable exotic (at least to purchase). Even so, I probably will go with a 991.1 RS for similar money as I would be more comfortable with the expected/potential ownership costs associated with a Porsche GT car.
The following users liked this post:
vtgt (08-08-2020)
Old 08-08-2020, 01:41 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BryanCO
This thread just keeps giving. Almost feel that I should be paying for the entertainment.

Anyway, test drove a 650S a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what words I could use to describe the experience. Simply another level wrt the 991.1/.2 GT3s I’ve driven (or a couple of other exotics). The 675LT must be madness. And at this point, it’s an affordable exotic (at least to purchase). Even so, I probably will go with a 991.1 RS for similar money as I would be more comfortable with the expected/potential ownership costs associated with a Porsche GT car.

I would take an RS over a 650 any day. I found the 650 fast but very muted and laggy. 570 is similar in lag which I didn’t like. But if you liked the 650, you owe it to yourself to drive a 600 or a 720.

But 650 or RS? Rs all day long. It’s like comparing a Ulysses Nardin to a Rolex.
The following 2 users liked this post by Yippiekiaye:
Maverick787 (08-08-2020), StealthGT3 (08-08-2020)
Old 08-08-2020, 01:45 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,744 Likes on 5,127 Posts

I would take an RS over a 650 any day. I found the 650 fast but very muted and laggy. 570 is similar in lag which I didn’t like. But if you liked the 650, you owe it to yourself to drive a 600 or a 720.

But 650 or RS? Rs all day long. It’s like comparing a Ulysses Nardin to a Rolex.
Would that be a Freak versus a Steel Daytona?
Old 08-08-2020, 01:51 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I really hate to interrupt this erudite conversation with a dumb question. but I'm just curious about wearing this watches to Mexico thing from approx 5 pages ago.. what unsavory thing happens to watches un mexico exactly? is that sort of like what happened to my bicycle in Oakland (akin to a disappearing Houdini type situation)

All I know about mexico is that it makes cars go faster on the internet. Sort of on that topic.. which do you think is faster around Laguna Seca on same day... Pagani Huayra BC or McLaren Senna..?

Ps: this guy might know the answer because he was there when it happened (he wasn't wearing a watch though)

Attachment 1315923
Problem is not the watch, or it's sudden disappearance. The question to ask is what happens to one's arm if it happens to have anything that is not plastic wrapped around it.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:53 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Would that be a Freak versus a Steel Daytona?
Freak would be an appropriate term to describe this thread and some of its contents.
The following users liked this post:
Guest89 (08-08-2020)
Old 08-08-2020, 02:22 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Just got back from Walmart. Yippie was right. Big sale on UN! Picked up this baby.

I drove a 650. Liked it a lot but clearly you can’t go by me.

Last edited by Waxer; 08-08-2020 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:28 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Figures. He owns multiples. Congrats. It suits you perfectly.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:28 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Thanks for the perspective of RS vs 650. Certainly noticed the lag - and how fast it was vs the RS (especially considering Denver’s elevation and the impact on NA engine performance).

Quick Reply: McLaren Success