Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McLaren Success

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 01:02 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 999 Likes on 433 Posts

You would have gone home with a few if you were driving a Lambo like Batman.

Originally Posted by horns
I got flashed by a window opening full of boobies about 1 month ago in my RS. But it probably wasn't the car, it was probably just me. If I had been in a supercar I can only imagine what kind of treatment I would have gotten.
The following users liked this post:
sampelligrino (08-07-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 01:04 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 999 Likes on 433 Posts

OMG, you do have a Day Date!

Why am I not surprised?

Originally Posted by Waxer
Look eyes no nothin bout dat stuff and not really understand anyway about all that investment stuff. Eyes olnez owns Rolexes, Omegas, Chopards and Ulysses Nardins. Maybe one day if I save my pennies I can get one them PPs. Eyes can only hopes.

Not sure about this dud. Maybe trade in and step up to a Seiko. I’ll try but not hopeful. 😢

Old 08-07-2020, 01:29 AM
horns
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz

I think it was the pointed ears and tool belt that scored those ladies. I almost gave credit to the batman watch too, but it wears the wrong name.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:36 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

Okay since we're showing off watches now. Here's mine. A Seiko calculator watch from the early nineties that I still have. I think it cost a couple hundred bucks if memory serves me correctly. Wore it for a couple of years and haven't worn a watch since. Personally I don't care for anything on my wrist or hands. Never wore my wedding ring either for that matter.

The following 3 users liked this post by RoyalPink:
ajw45 (08-07-2020), rodsky (08-07-2020), StealthGT3 (08-07-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 01:37 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Perhaps select AP models, but that’s a recent phenomenon:

Chrono24 tells me my Jumbo has appreciated by 39% in 17 months, but I personally doubt that.

Openworked is sought after, as is the RD2.

Quite doubtful on VC.
AP stainless Jumbo does well. And yes a few others But rest of AP is not an investment piece at all. Don’t get me wrong, I like AP and have owned a Grand Prix, bumblebee, safari amongst others but really never considered them investments. Good solid sports watches though.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:40 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Look eyes no nothin bout dat stuff and not really understand anyway about all that investment stuff. Eyes olnez owns Rolexes, Omegas, Chopards and Ulysses Nardins. Maybe one day if I save my pennies I can get one them PPs. Eyes can only hopes.

Not sure about this dud. Maybe trade in and step up to a Seiko. I’ll try but not hopeful. 😢

I have no clue what you are trying to say. Chopard, Nardins and Omegas- if you like em, great but probably the last thing that comes to mind is an investment.

Your day date will hold decent value. But again, investment?

Look, none of the modern watches are true investments. Buy the right Patek or Rolex and if you can wear it for a few years and get your money out when you sell it consider yourself lucky.

Old 08-07-2020, 07:29 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

OMG, you do have a Day Date!

Why am I not surprised?
😢 Yes. Why? Is that bad? Oh, my. I knew buying that thing 20 years ago was was a mistake.

Last edited by Waxer; 08-07-2020 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:37 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Wow. I’m learning so much from Unotaz. How to determine an exotic ( either look at what he owns or ask a 5 year old) and Batman movies.

I’m also learning about watches. 👍 My Presidents Day Date just got relegated to my fishing tackle box as a fishing weight. Whew, won’t be seen wearing that turd again.

Who said you can’t learn anything on this forum? Boy were they wrong.

😎
Old 08-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by kkabba
I'm sure there's somebody in a nursing home lusting for one of those.
Yeah, I know. Just learned from Unotaz. What’s worse my buying audience here in the New York area has damn near been killed off by these dumb bastard lib Governors by forcing all seniors with Covid back into nursing homes.

Does CVS take trade ins?

Old 08-07-2020, 08:05 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
I have no clue what you are trying to say. Chopard, Nardins and Omegas- if you like em, great but probably the last thing that comes to mind is an investment.

Your day date will hold decent value. But again, investment?

Look, none of the modern watches are true investments. Buy the right Patek or Rolex and if you can wear it for a few years and get your money out when you sell it consider yourself lucky.
None of the Nardin, Omegas, Chopards are investments. That’s for sure. They are nice watches and beautiful but would never buy another one especially new. Learned that lesson.

Some Rolex models have increased in value like my GMT Coke. Across the board Rolexes do tend to hold value well in general. Are they investments? No. However, you can get most of your money back with them more so than others and they are beautiful and durable. Not the best time keepers though but regardless I love Rolexes.

The only other watches I would spend money on now besides a Rolex are AP and PP and I would now lean more toward PP since I like their simple elegance and APs are kinda like my Rolexes in the sense they are bigger and sportier.

Last edited by Waxer; 08-07-2020 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:18 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 591 Posts

😢 Yes. Why? Is that bad? Oh, my. I knew buying that thing 20 years ago was was a mistake.
It wasnt a mistake. You knew you'd get old and ornery at some point and then it would be awesome and fitting
The following 2 users liked this post by rodsky:
unotaz (08-07-2020), Yippiekiaye (08-07-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 12:07 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

Funniest thread in a long time....
Guest89 (08-07-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 12:30 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

None of the Nardin, Omegas, Chopards are investments. That’s for sure. They are nice watches and beautiful but would never buy another one especially new. Learned that lesson.

Some Rolex models have increased in value like my GMT Coke. Across the board Rolexes do tend to hold value well in general. Are they investments? No. However, you can get most of your money back with them more so than others and they are beautiful and durable. Not the best time keepers though but regardless I love Rolexes.

The only other watches I would spend money on now besides a Rolex are AP and PP and I would now lean more toward PP since I like their simple elegance and APs are kinda like my Rolexes in the sense they are bigger and sportier.
I only buy Patek now. Nothing else interests me. Rolex is just fine as well. Had a ceramic bezel Daytona. Sold it. Almost picked up a Deep Sea the other day but passed. Ill probably get a "beater" Rolex to take on vacations to Mexico. Wouldn't take any of my Patek there.

As far as the Day Date- I think what some are trying to say is that its a nice watch no doubt but...how do I say it.....a bit pedestrian? A bunch of people in my family own one. It was a right of passage. When you made a bit of money, you buy a Rolex Presidential. Too small for my wrist personally but a decent watch nonetheless.

unotaz (08-07-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 01:18 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Of course. I completely understand. I would only wear a “beater” watch like a Rolex if I was forced to rub elbows with the pedestrian masses (too risky otherwise) or if I would go to Mexico I would only wear a “beater” watch like a Rolex. Recently tried to cross the boarder to Mexico but was turned back. They don’t allow unfit workers in. I’m sure most field workers out in your parts wear them and likely 5 year olds where Unotaz lives. Good to beat around in Kindergarten.

Always willing to own up when I’m wrong I offer the following below.

Look closely. These field workers are wearing Day Dates too. Proof Rolexes are “the watch of the people”. ✊ Standard issue based on durability. Unfortunately, these guys needed to learn their place with regard to the PP ruling class. Poor dumb bastards.

Last edited by Waxer; 08-07-2020 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:34 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Of course. I completely understand. I would only wear a “beater” watch like a Rolex if I was forced to rub elbows with the pedestrian masses (too risky otherwise) or if I would go to Mexico I would only wear a “beater” watch like a Rolex. I’m sure most field workers out in those parts wear them and likely 5 year olds where Unotaz lives. Good to beat around in Kindergarten.

Always willing to own up when I’m wrong I offer the following below.

Look closely. These field workers are wearing Day Dates too. Proof Rolexes are “the watch of the people”. ✊ Standard issue based on durability. Unfortunately, these guys needed to learn their place with regard to the PP ruling class. Poor dumb bastards.

https://youtu.be/ACvXR0sQDkM
You are really insufferable aren't you? You really have no clue about high end watches. Yes I call the submariner a "beater" cause its 10k compared to a 90k Patek. So rather than wear a 5168 or a 5968 or a 5726 to Mexico, Id rather wear a "beater" Rolex that is a great watch that you can wear in the pool, not have to worry about getting sand in the movement on the beach. But its a nice enough watch to wear so you dont feel like you have a. Casio on your wrist.

The more you post about watches and cars, the more obvious it becomes how ignorant you are on the subject.

Quick Reply: McLaren Success