Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Metzeger
That thing is a beast. Definitely an RS so they're skipping the regular GT2. Would sooner have a 3RS mind.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Dante
Racer

Received 157 Likes on 38 Posts

don't like the sound..
Old 04-12-2017, 04:00 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrappy1972
What about an Aventador SV? It's a car I originally passed on but continue to think about one. Just not sure that now is the right time considering the relatively high asking prices.
Go for the S with the rear wheel steering and updates... reviewers say it's a much more nimble car to drive
Old 04-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 718 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Go for the S with the rear wheel steering and updates... reviewers say it's a much more nimble car to drive
"Nimble Aventador" is an oxymoron. I was asking more from the perspective of long term value retention as I'd like to add a burly V12 to the stable.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:18 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

"Nimble Aventador" is an oxymoron. I was asking more from the perspective of long term value retention as I'd like to add a burly V12 to the stable.
Ah yea sorry, I forget we discuss cars as assets here, not for driving enjoyment. How silly of me.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dante
don't like the sound..
Might not have the finally tuned (Akrapovic?) exhaust on it yet.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Dante
Racer

Received 157 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier

hopefully...such a car deserves a proper soundtrack!
Old 04-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,104 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
You are absolutely correct in the sense that it's all about supply and demand. Porsche's attempt to limit the supply (eg. 911R) is a clear example of market manipulation and create the "hype". For sure, when the economy is well, everything rises in value, but when the economy goes to the crapper, prices eventually fall. But prices will fall in varying degrees, depending on the market segments you are in.

You need to factor in the difference in price segment and the type of buyers that plays in these different types of markets. For example, the 918 is currently trading at around double it's original MSRP. On a low mileage, PTS Weissach, it's trading at around $1.8 million. Now, that is very close to the original MSRP of a LaFerrari. LaFerrari are now worth anywhere from $4-4.2 million. Do you think people who buy 918/P1 are the same type of buyers who purchase $4-15 million dollar Ferraris? Of course not.

Collectively, people who purchase million dollar plus cars are not in the same financial situation as those who purchase 200K cars, especially those who financed their 200K purchase. So when the economy hits the fan, who do you think will feel need the dump their cars and raise the cash? As such, which segment do you think will fall more when the market isn't doing well? The market for a Mclaren F1 is definitely a lot more stable than the P1 market.
They both will fall like a stone when Econ hits the fan. While the DEEP pockets still have plenty of pocket to buy multi-mil toys in a bad recession, even they are in less of a mood to lift offers on collectible toys. Everyone wants a deal when the Econ goes south. And all it takes is one mult-mil car to set the market. And I promise you there are lots of multi-mil cars in the hands of dudes that are crazy levered; not the majority but more than there should be.

It's acceptable/cool to set new highs on a La Ferrari when economy booming or even stable. When things are shaky, the deepest pockets want deals on company's, assets and especially collectible toys.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Ah yea sorry, I forget we discuss cars as assets here, not for driving enjoyment. How silly of me.
Sorry if that came out wrong... I just never considered a V12 Lambo because of it's handling prowess. The Performante is surely a better all round supercar, but it doesn't sound like a V12.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:59 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
They both will fall like a stone when Econ hits the fan. While the DEEP pockets still have plenty of pocket to buy multi-mil toys in a bad recession, even they are in less of a mood to lift offers on collectible toys. Everyone wants a deal when the Econ goes south. And all it takes is one mult-mil car to set the market. And I promise you there are lots of multi-mil cars in the hands of dudes that are crazy levered; not the majority but more than there should be.

It's acceptable/cool to set new highs on a La Ferrari when economy booming or even stable. When things are shaky, the deepest pockets want deals on company's, assets and especially collectible toys.
Agree^

When the wind is blowing you tie down your boat even stronger.

There will always be good times to buy toys. Just need to have cash when it happens. There will have a new 2009-2011 coming up. That's when it's time to buy.
Right now people are fighting to buy stuff. I watch from sideline.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:05 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Sorry if that came out wrong... I just never considered a V12 Lambo because of it's handling prowess. The Performante is surely a better all round supercar, but it doesn't sound like a V12.
Yes I was making a joke. But the "variable" wheelbase on the S supposedly makes it a different animal according to journalists.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:14 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,090 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9

I'm definitely not one of those DEEP pocket guys and probably poor compared to some of you guys but if a mild/major recession comes I might be on the look out for a 997 4.0. I'm following my step-dad's advice to only buy cars that I can afford to buy for cash. I used to be one of those guys that spent the money as quickly as it came in before the recession (young and stupid) and the recession taught me valuable lessons....don't use leverage to buy depreciating assets, have more than one income/revenue source, diversify your assets, always have access to liquid funds, and acquire real estate in desirable locations.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:14 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,899 Likes on 978 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravs
That thing is a beast. Definitely an RS so they're skipping the regular GT2. Would sooner have a 3RS mind.
Indeed. Laying down rubber at 00:45.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Yes I was making a joke. But the "variable" wheelbase on the S supposedly makes it a different animal according to journalists.
Unfortunately I can't get past the look of the squared off rear wheel wells. It looks odd in my opinion.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:17 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,676 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier

Originally Posted by Dante
hopefully...such a car deserves a proper soundtrack!
We're going to take the off anyway ;-)
They can keep the mufflers..

Originally Posted by Nizer
Indeed. Laying down rubber at 00:45.
I noticed that!
Just wondering what the air intakes in the frunk are for still and if they will step up suspension to make the shocks more active like the TPC DSC/PASM module..

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS