Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW M4 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 07:24 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I considered M4 GTS as one ugly ricer until I saw it in person. Standard matt grey with orange details.
I have to say it really looks times better in person than on photos. The only thing that doesn't fit the rest is the rear spoiler. Rear OLED lights are fantastic!
Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2016, 09:32 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 195 Posts

because its 991GT3RS forum and for the BMW guys and for my swedish-nur-dude :

some "fighting" of a buddy of mine in anothers buddy his E92M(lightly modded) against an (unfortunately egoistic) 991GT3RS driver:
but so or so porps for the RS driver to drive his 250k€ car as it is meant to.

i´m somehow wondering about the straights... cause the E92M is engine-sides stock - except the exhaust - so not more than 450hp

but i have to say luke (which startet racing at the NOS just 3 years ago) is unbelievable fast! --> 7:05 BTG -->

bottom line: waiting for some real testing M4 GTS vs. 991GT3RS
but if such two "automotive stocks" will meet each other ones at the NOS... ?
Old 05-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Fun vid. Must see the whole later on.
991 gt3 Rs factory time of 7.20min at sport auto lap translate to ca. 7.00min BTG lap.

BMW m4 Gts factory time of 7.28 min sport auto lap translate to ca. 7.08 min BTG lap.

So if some One end up at them btg laps in stock Rs and Gts, well god on you.

Hard to tell what that other car (m3) got For a maximum potential. when stripping pork out them can be fast For sure with a fast driver.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:30 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

460Nm (RS) vs. 600Nm (GTS) could be the salt in the soup

(till the wife says no: to use the ironing-water for the GTS-injection )
Old 05-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

The BMW is not a pretry car- seen it live- no interest. But, respect to what they have done. It is a very very competent sedan with a Wing- and I am not being malicious
Old 05-04-2016, 08:36 PM
dawgdog
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Received a voucher from BMW and have a September build.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:53 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

Delete - I just heard from my SA.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

Now BMW is doing country-specific GTS variants. This one is a Spain-only version: http://www.topgear.com/car-news/firs...-new-bmw-m4-cs

One presumes the US-specific GTS will have extra large cup holders, extra large seats, and an extra large screen for the back-up cameras.....
Old 05-11-2016, 07:36 PM
fbirch
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Now BMW is doing country-specific GTS variants. This one is a Spain-only version: http://www.topgear.com/car-news/firs...-new-bmw-m4-cs

One presumes the US-specific GTS will have extra large cup holders, extra large seats, and an extra large screen for the back-up cameras.....
You forgot self-parking and self braking so we can multitask while driving
Old 05-11-2016, 08:31 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

All it's missing is rear steer and torque vectoring, then it'll have all the nannies the GT3 has.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:46 AM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
The BMW is not a pretry car- seen it live- no interest. But, respect to what they have done. It is a very very competent sedan with a Wing- and I am not being malicious

hmmm... where I am from the M4s are coupes, I haven't seen the sedan version.

You may want to steer clear of the GTS' when you get your GT4.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:53 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

around 45 M4GTS will be delivered on 25th of May at the BMW Welt.

as said: i will be there.
somebody else joins too?
Old 05-12-2016, 09:52 AM
autobahnA8
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

was offered one, but declined. Just not my cup of tea. I wonder how they are selling? I honestly havent heard too much chatter about them.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:21 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

"Here’s the good news: This is the best BMW I’ve ever driven. Quick ways to describe the M4 GTS: playful, progressive, predictable, confidence-inspiring, balanced, tight, and most important, fun. I can’t stress that last descriptor enough: fun. Remember when cars were fun? Someone at M does, too. As the numbers all attest, the GTS is capable, as well. On one lap I snuck a peek at the speedometer at the end of the front straight and saw 155 mph. Yes, I stomped hard on the big carbon-ceramic brakes and shed enough speed to make the corner. Many cars could have done what I accomplished in the GTS, but I’m hard-pressed to think of many that would have left as big a smile on my face. Why so big? Because of the way the M4 GTS yawed its way through the corner. Not just that corner, but all the corners. The GTS offered up the perfect mix of slip angle and traction; I always felt in control even though the car didn’t feel rigidly bolted down the way the regular, not so fun M4 does. Also of note, unlike the regular M4, the power curve isn’t flat, and it doesn’t plateau. Instead, it actually peaks, which just feels so much better. Oh, and it sounds five times better. Maybe 10. Bottom line, the new GTS is an incredibly impressive machine. It’s sweet. I’m calling it sweet. I really dig it man, big time."

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-...-drive-review/

Animations:
BMW M4 GTS - Aerodynamics

BMW M4 GTS - Interior

BMW M4 GTS - Powertrain

BMW M4 GTS - Chassis

calculation:

ca. 97k€ is the normal M4 MSRP with all the GTS options (DKG, head up, Navi,...)
+ 4k 500hp (incl. engine warranty)
+ 5k Titan exhaust
+ 4k KW Clubsport 3way
+ 0,5k brake lines steel
+ 1k uniball upgrade
+ 2k CRFP floor cover
+ 2,5k carbon Front-lip
+ 2,5k carbon rear-Spoiler
+ 1k rear carbon Diffusor
+ 4k carbon hood
+ 2k (5k) OLED rear lights
+ 5k Carbon Recaro PP
+ 2,5k roll bar
+ 0,5k 6punkt belts
+ 2k Interiour-Upgrade

ca. 38,5k€ in Upgrades + 97k€ M4 listprice = 135,5k€
M4 GTS cost in GER: 144k€
= 8,5k€ difference

but limited edition with full warranty.
+ hard to price upgrades like steering wheel, interiour, and so on

that the only one for sale i know: http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat...=Recommend_DES

autobahnA8 - imho - better you would have signed for one.

p.s.: hard to guess. i´m a little BMW fanboy
Old 05-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
"Here’s the good news: This is the best BMW I’ve ever driven. Quick ways to describe the M4 GTS: playful, progressive, predictable, confidence-inspiring, balanced, tight, and most important, fun. I can’t stress that last descriptor enough: fun. Remember when cars were fun? Someone at M does, too. As the numbers all attest, the GTS is capable, as well. On one lap I snuck a peek at the speedometer at the end of the front straight and saw 155 mph. Yes, I stomped hard on the big carbon-ceramic brakes and shed enough speed to make the corner. Many cars could have done what I accomplished in the GTS, but I’m hard-pressed to think of many that would have left as big a smile on my face. Why so big? Because of the way the M4 GTS yawed its way through the corner. Not just that corner, but all the corners. The GTS offered up the perfect mix of slip angle and traction; I always felt in control even though the car didn’t feel rigidly bolted down the way the regular, not so fun M4 does. Also of note, unlike the regular M4, the power curve isn’t flat, and it doesn’t plateau. Instead, it actually peaks, which just feels so much better. Oh, and it sounds five times better. Maybe 10. Bottom line, the new GTS is an incredibly impressive machine. It’s sweet. I’m calling it sweet. I really dig it man, big time."
Herein lies the problem. It used to be that all these attributes applied to "plain jane" M-cars. Now you only get them if you jump thru the ultra-expensive, ultra-limited GTS hoops...... And then you're still left with the styling......

I'm a BMW fan and owned eight including M-cars over the past decade, but the current line-up does little for me and this challenge in finding anything that appeals is reflected in sales data. Hope they regain their mojo soon.

Quick Reply: BMW M4 GTS