Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT:911R

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015 | 08:23 AM
wtdoom
Pro

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Im more inclined to think the 600 is USA only out of 900 total world wide. Close enough to sales ratios per geography...
I assure you , categorically , there is no where near 1 R per 918 customer .
Old 11-12-2015 | 08:54 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wtdoom
I assure you , categorically , there is no where near 1 R per 918 customer .
don't be so sure....leave your mind open to lower yearly production spanned over a couple model years
Old 11-12-2015 | 09:07 AM
wtdoom
Pro

Originally Posted by sccchiii
don't be so sure....leave your mind open to lower yearly production spanned over a couple model years
Why when I know that's not the case ? I'm not sure I understand
Old 11-12-2015 | 09:18 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

I'm afraid to say there is not one car per 918 owner . There is a maximum of 500/600 cars and there's no conformation the car will go to the USA .
Sorry to bearer of bad news .
I just can't see them not bringing the the car the US. Strongest developed economy in the world at the moment and a currency that keep getting stronger, yet they won't send a product here? Just doesn't make sense and doesn't jive with what many of us have been told.
Old 11-12-2015 | 09:28 AM
wtdoom
Pro

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I just can't see them not bringing the the car the US. Strongest developed economy in the world at the moment and a currency that keep getting stronger, yet they won't send a product here? Just doesn't make sense and doesn't jive with what many of us have been told.
As of a few weeks ago I heard that the car was not confirmed as going to the USA or you will get a 964 rs low fat type car like you did with the rs america . It is like a sports classic type very limited edition vehicle . That also didn't go to the USA , for the few numbers involved it wasn't worth "the hoops we had to jump through" . That may have changed ( and I expect it will , I merely said "not confirmed " remember ) but there will definitely not be one R per 918 customer .
Expect between 400/600 R's world wide .
Old 11-12-2015 | 12:42 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Why when I know that's not the case ? I'm not sure I understand
You could not possibly know. Porsche HAS NOT finalized actual numbers yet themselves as of last week.

2016 3rd quarter proposed production schedule is being finalized this month
Old 11-12-2015 | 01:00 PM
wtdoom
Pro

You could not possibly know. Porsche HAS NOT finalized actual numbers yet themselves as of last week.

2016 3rd quarter proposed production schedule is being finalized this month
I rarely say things like this on forums . I've done it a few times here , obviously You are free to do what you like with my information . I guarantee you there will be many more 918's than 911 R's .
It's a limited edition of between 4 and 600 cars , worldwide .
Old 11-12-2015 | 01:29 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

I rarely say things like this on forums . I've done it a few times here , obviously You are free to do what you like with my information . I guarantee you there will be many more 918's than 911 R's .
I'm not saying there will be more.....but you could not possibly know final R numbers when the actual number within factory is a proposal amount as of now
Old 11-12-2015 | 04:41 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm not saying there will be more.....but you could not possibly know final R numbers when the actual number within factory is a proposal amount as of now
They should build 1967 of them and price them reasonably. If they insist on smaller numbers, then 901 or 911 would work.
Old 11-12-2015 | 05:25 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petevb
I like naked.

I very much support all of you that aren't liking what you're hearing. Means I'll have a higher chance of getting one...

Lighter and cheaper than a GT3 with a slower 6 speed sounds pretty good. I'll take mine with RWS...
But it won't be cheaper...
It will be more expensive and slower. With the same go fast stuff we love to hate RWS, CL, not race proven engine...

Originally Posted by GrantG
They should build 1967 of them and price them reasonably. If they insist on smaller numbers, then 901 or 911 would work.
Build 5000 drop the price, make it the lightest Porsche for sale. Rip out whatever it takes. Manual, CS package in a box, side muffler delete on the same box with a big *** sticker "illigal for road use" no leather no Alcantara, no flipper / resale value, one color only, no options. Just copy 5000 of them, start a race series a la GT4CUP and presto. Porsche lives up to its reputation instead of living OF it.
Old 11-12-2015 | 05:57 PM
9972RS
Burning Brakes

I agree. That's why the gt4 is selling so well. Granted it has a manual, but the main selling point is the price. It has brought over a lot of buyers from different brands.
Old 11-12-2015 | 06:14 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Let the 918 owners draw straws, flip coins, play rock/paper/scissors, or fight to the death over that car...I have no interest in it.

The question that I have for you is what do you know about .1RS and .2RS allocations estimates?
Old 11-12-2015 | 06:21 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Let the 918 owners draw straws, flip coins, play rock/paper/scissors, or fight to the death over that car...I have no interest in it.

The question that I have for you is what do you know about .1RS and .2RS allocations estimates?
Yup.
Old 11-12-2015 | 06:56 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Build 5000 drop the price, make it the lightest Porsche for sale. Rip out whatever it takes. Manual, CS package in a box, side muffler delete on the same box with a big *** sticker "illigal for road use" no leather no Alcantara, no flipper / resale value, one color only, no options. Just copy 5000 of them, start a race series a la GT4CUP and presto. Porsche lives up to its reputation instead of living OF it.
For the love of Peter you nailed it
Old 11-12-2015 | 07:19 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3

Disclaimer: Just passing info along and nothing really new

Just conjecture but just got off the phone with my "cleaning lady" he said, he had just received 1 new .1 RS allocation he wasn't expecting to get today. There is your so called "last batch" of RS's. I guess they are being sprinkled around the country. So no "earned" reason they got it, just their piece of the allocated pie.

I pushed him on 911R and he said the car is definitely being made and he has two on "on order" for two of his 918 guys but has heard NOTHING on the car from PAG. No spec, build info, quantities. Nothing. I asked again about quantities and he said his gut is 911 pieces to mimic the nomenclature as in the past on this type of car. His opinion was the car was not the "unicorn" we all wanted since it's still a "large" car (built on the 991 chassis) and that it will be rare only in it's build quantity as we all have kind of already noted. I asked if they were sold out? He said no way are they already spoken for. I do find it interesting we have people making very black and white statements on this car but we have the sales person for 4 918 buyers who know nothing about the car? Hmmm...

As far as .2 RS and GT3 goes he said they are definitely building them and that they would be nuts not to regardless of the VW issue. Too much profit in them he said. Porsche is a fickle and unpredictable company and even after all of the years he has been selling them they still seldom follow a build pattern but that he feels as in the past .2 GT3 and RS production will follow the new Gen 911's, GT2's etc. and to look for next Fall. Which I think has been said many times.

Lastly, there is a meeting he is attending in Atlanta in December at the Experience Center that will be training specifically for car customization and PTS and that he would have more info then..

Remember, NO MESSENGER SHOOTING

Quick Reply: OT:911R