For the love of Peter you nailed it
WHOA…

Yes he did!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:47 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 340 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Disclaimer: Just passing info along and nothing really new Just conjecture but just got off the phone with my "cleaning lady" he said, he had just received 1 new .1 RS allocation he wasn't expecting to get today. There is your so called "last batch" of RS's. I guess they are being sprinkled around the country. So no "earned" reason they got it, just their piece of the allocated pie. I pushed him on 911R and he said the car is definitely being made and he has two on "on order" for two of his 918 guys but has heard NOTHING on the car from PAG. No spec, build info, quantities. Nothing. I asked again about quantities and he said his gut is 911 pieces to mimic the nomenclature as in the past on this type of car. His opinion was the car was not the "unicorn" we all wanted since it's still a "large" car (built on the 991 chassis) and that it will be rare only in it's build quantity as we all have kind of already noted. I asked if they were sold out? He said no way are they already spoken for. I do find it interesting we have people making very black and white statements on this car but we have the sales person for 4 918 buyers who know nothing about the car? Hmmm... As far as .2 RS and GT3 goes he said they are definitely building them and that they would be nuts not to regardless of the VW issue. Too much profit in them he said. Porsche is a fickle and unpredictable company and even after all of the years he has been selling them they still seldom follow a build pattern but that he feels as in the past .2 GT3 and RS production will follow the new Gen 911's, GT2's etc. and to look for next Fall. Which I think has been said many times. Lastly, there is a meeting he is attending in Atlanta in December at the Experience Center that will be training specifically for car customization and PTS and that he would have more info then.. Remember, NO MESSENGER SHOOTING
That's why I have stopped taking info from dealers or various sources. I only trust the factory cleaning lady. She hasn't failed me yet!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:53 PM
wtdoom
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sccchiii
I'm not saying there will be more.....but you could not possibly know final R numbers when the actual number within factory is a proposal amount as of now
But I didn't give an exact number , I said between 400/600
I sorry if I'm missing something , it's been a long day
Originally Posted by GrantG
They should build 1967 of them and price them reasonably. If they insist on smaller numbers, then 901 or 911 would work.
That's a brilliant idea
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
But it won't be cheaper...
It will be more expensive and slower. With the same go fast stuff we love to hate RWS, CL, not race proven engine...

Build 5000 drop the price, make it the lightest Porsche for sale. Rip out whatever it takes. Manual, CS package in a box, side muffler delete on the same box with a big *** sticker "illigal for road use" no leather no Alcantara, no flipper / resale value, one color only, no options. Just copy 5000 of them, start a race series a la GT4CUP and presto. Porsche lives up to its reputation instead of living OF it.
It will be the lightest 911 available . Again it's not a race or track car , it's a 991 more geared towards interaction and fun . It's not about grip and track speed . It's a limited edition car in the vein of the sport classic .
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Let the 918 owners draw straws, flip coins, play rock/paper/scissors, or fight to the death over that car...I have no interest in it.

The question that I have for you is what do you know about .1RS and .2RS allocations estimates?
I have a lot of interest in a lighter , manual 911 . I think it will be the sweet spot of the range .
Sorry I have no information on American rs allocations .

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Disclaimer: Just passing info along and nothing really new

Just conjecture but just got off the phone with my "cleaning lady" he said, he had just received 1 new .1 RS allocation he wasn't expecting to get today. There is your so called "last batch" of RS's. I guess they are being sprinkled around the country. So no "earned" reason they got it, just their piece of the allocated pie.

I pushed him on 911R and he said the car is definitely being made and he has two on "on order" for two of his 918 guys but has heard NOTHING on the car from PAG. No spec, build info, quantities. Nothing. I asked again about quantities and he said his gut is 911 pieces to mimic the nomenclature as in the past on this type of car. His opinion was the car was not the "unicorn" we all wanted since it's still a "large" car (built on the 991 chassis) and that it will be rare only in it's build quantity as we all have kind of already noted. I asked if they were sold out? He said no way are they already spoken for. I do find it interesting we have people making very black and white statements on this car but we have the sales person for 4 918 buyers who know nothing about the car? Hmmm...

As far as .2 RS and GT3 goes he said they are definitely building them and that they would be nuts not to regardless of the VW issue. Too much profit in them he said. Porsche is a fickle and unpredictable company and even after all of the years he has been selling them they still seldom follow a build pattern but that he feels as in the past .2 GT3 and RS production will follow the new Gen 911's, GT2's etc. and to look for next Fall. Which I think has been said many times.

Lastly, there is a meeting he is attending in Atlanta in December at the Experience Center that will be training specifically for car customization and PTS and that he would have more info then..

Remember, NO MESSENGER SHOOTING
Don't be too surprised that your dealer knows less than he should early in a cars life , often the USA (yes even dealers )know less than the European equivalent . When I said a harder , faster rs was coming months and months before anyone ever mentioned the 4.0 I was laughed at .
Tell your dealer friend , It's the only unicorn he will get . I can't see ( unfortunately ) the 992 being smaller . It will be turbocharged and at least as large .
Old 11-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by wtdoom
I have a lot of interest in a lighter , manual 911 . I think it will be the sweet spot of the range .
Absolutely, though I'd expect the car to be at least track worthy (uprights, dry sump, brakes, etc). Prototypes are wearing pilot sport cup 2s, so it seems likely to me it would be. Also hoping they keep the RWS, which seems the only practical way to disguise the 991's size (other than pulling the Audi Quattro trick and actually lopping a foot off the wheelbase- not likely).

Otherwise it sounds like such a driver's car. The great shame being that they plan to make so few that values will get stupid and few will be able to afford to actually drive them... Missing the mark IMHO- make more and let them be enjoyed. Appreciation is real driving's hidden nemesis.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 507 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by wtdoom
But I didn't give an exact number , I said between 400/600
I sorry if I'm missing something , it's been a long day

That's a brilliant idea

It will be the lightest 911 available . Again it's not a race or track car , it's a 991 more geared towards interaction and fun . It's not about grip and track speed . It's a limited edition car in the vein of the sport classic .

Sorry I have no information on American rs allocations .

Don't be too surprised that your dealer knows less than he should early in a cars life , often the USA (yes even dealers )know less than the European equivalent . When I said a harder , faster rs was coming months and months before anyone ever mentioned the 4.0 I was laughed at .
Tell your dealer friend , It's the only unicorn he will get . I can't see ( unfortunately ) the 992 being smaller . It will be turbocharged and at least as large .
I am smart enough to know that the percentage of actual factual information whether it's from a salesperson or this forum is relatively low. I don't claim to be offering definitive info and frankly don't care if I am right or wrong. Just trying to help and if it's help us put parts of the puzzle together so be it.

You're the one throwing around definitive statements this afternoon. Care to share your credentials with us?

In regard to the 911R I'm certain he understands it's as good as we are going to get. And it's obviously not a unicorn IMO based on the sum of it's parts.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:24 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They should have collected some non-refundable deposits for ordering such an expensive GTS. They are going to have to discount it to get it out the door. This is where I ALMOST feel sorry for the dealer. haha
Lmsbo! Love it.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:13 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,742 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Build 5000 drop the price, make it the lightest Porsche for sale. Rip out whatever it takes. Manual, CS package in a box, side muffler delete on the same box with a big *** sticker "illigal for road use" no leather no Alcantara, no flipper / resale value, one color only, no options. Just copy 5000 of them, start a race series a la GT4CUP and presto. Porsche lives up to its reputation instead of living OF it.
Bingo. And make it smaller.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:25 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,809 Likes on 2,171 Posts

Originally Posted by Petevb
Absolutely, though I'd expect the car to be at least track worthy (uprights, dry sump, brakes, etc). Prototypes are wearing pilot sport cup 2s, so it seems likely to me it would be. Also hoping they keep the RWS, which seems the only practical way to disguise the 991's size (other than pulling the Audi Quattro trick and actually lopping a foot off the wheelbase- not likely).

Otherwise it sounds like such a driver's car. The great shame being that they plan to make so few that values will get stupid and few will be able to afford to actually drive them... Missing the mark IMHO- make more and let them be enjoyed. Appreciation is real driving's hidden nemesis.
Not only if they have unobtainium prices but they WONT be driven, they'll be bubble wrapped and wiped with a diaper. Another FAIL by Porsche!
Old 11-12-2015, 10:55 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Not only if they have unobtainium prices but they WONT be driven, they'll be bubble wrapped and wiped with a diaper. Another FAIL by Porsche!
I wouldn't go as far as a fail! As long as they deliver a MT gt3 and a Gt3RS with alcantara dash and visible weld seems down the road. The R seems like a very niche car. Similar to you I don't think this is a car of my liking. But, It will speak to a small group of buyers.

I'm trying hard to stay away from a cup car. Please give me a street legal cup with lower running cost.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:15 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Experience during the build up to GT3 announcement taught us most of the valid information came from European factory contacts. wtdoom, rosenburg? And a few others got privy to accurate snide information early in the peace. bobR too. I've no doubt neglected a few too.

IMO no dealer stateside is likely in possession of this information yet.

My gut tells me we are looking at a Sport Classic type senario. I'm familiar with that model as it shipped to my market. If there is a reason it doesn't make the states it will be the louvred plexi side windows and the folding bucket seats. I'm going to guess 7 speed MT due to packaging - but not as we have known it - more a template for things to come with .2 GT3. Any weight savings will be nominal but I expect we will see some creative flourishes contained within. Perhaps some interior individualisation later to be found on GT cars and for the limited plaque there will need to be a few exclusive items.

I'm not sure this is a car of interest for the track rats at all, more a collectors curiosity, great weekend driver but more an expose if things to come in next GT iteration. Maybe a good opportunity for APs team to preview their "MT-S" to see if it gets approval from the purists etc
Old 11-13-2015, 01:54 AM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Petevb
Appreciation is real driving's hidden nemesis.
Pete....ain't that the truth!
Old 11-13-2015, 02:18 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 507 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Experience during the build up to GT3 announcement taught us most of the valid information came from European factory contacts. wtdoom, rosenburg? And a few others got privy to accurate snide information early in the peace. bobR too. I've no doubt neglected a few too.

IMO no dealer stateside is likely in possession of this information yet.

My gut tells me we are looking at a Sport Classic type senario. I'm familiar with that model as it shipped to my market. If there is a reason it doesn't make the states it will be the louvred plexi side windows and the folding bucket seats. I'm going to guess 7 speed MT due to packaging - but not as we have known it - more a template for things to come with .2 GT3. Any weight savings will be nominal but I expect we will see some creative flourishes contained within. Perhaps some interior individualisation later to be found on GT cars and for the limited plaque there will need to be a few exclusive items.

I'm not sure this is a car of interest for the track rats at all, more a collectors curiosity, great weekend driver but more an expose if things to come in next GT iteration. Maybe a good opportunity for APs team to preview their "MT-S" to see if it gets approval from the purists etc
Perfectly said, Macca knows….
Old 11-13-2015, 02:56 AM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
It looks like the 911R won't be officially announced until March of next year.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/porsche...mission-911-r/

If you want this car, you should put down a deposit right now, from the sounds of the limited production numbers.

Personally, I'm completely happy with my GT3!
Actually, now is probably too late; the deposit should have been made 10 years ago.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:01 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Macca, I like the way you think.
I love that Porsche pulls out these once(or twice)-in-a-911-generation experiments and turns them into production cars. I'm really curious to see what kind of non-track-focussed car Motorsport would build. Super excited about this one!
Old 11-13-2015, 05:04 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,809 Likes on 2,171 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I wouldn't go as far as a fail! As long as they deliver a MT gt3 and a Gt3RS with alcantara dash and visible weld seems down the road. The R seems like a very niche car. Similar to you I don't think this is a car of my liking. But, It will speak to a small group of buyers.

I'm trying hard to stay away from a cup car. Please give me a street legal cup with lower running cost.
Pick up either a Viper ACR or a GT4...

Quick Reply: OT:911R