-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

that is ultra violet?? with a wrap?
Old 02-28-2016, 01:01 PM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd be surprised if its UV. the symbol on the left side of the austria plates is blue as is, presumably, the car in the background. Regardless, looks sharp.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:19 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wysl94
I'm hearing that this is in fact UV, not a PTS color. My eyes must be deceiving me.
I would tend to believe that it is UV based on the "GT3 RS" badging sticker on the back (maybe photo altered the car to look more blue??). Correct me if I'm wrong, but was that sticker available in silver only on the UV cars? All the PTS cars that I've seen have come with black stickers.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:26 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Uprights are black.....
Decals are made up easily..
Old 02-28-2016, 02:32 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

double post
Old 02-28-2016, 02:40 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Re: 'Golf Blue', color code W91...

Originally Posted by csesin
Here is a "Golf blue" (W91) RS that just arrived to my local dealer.
The interesting thing about this car is that the client ordered
"Gulf blue", but just a couple of weeks ago the SA was informed
that the car was painted "Golf blue". He is not sure of where along
the line was the mistake made. I don't know who the client is, nor
if he or she will do anything about this mistake, but I found it
curious that Golf blue was delivered without any lengthy feasibility
study (please correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression is that
"Golf blue" is not one of the pre-approved PTS colors, like Gulf,
Voodoo, Maritime, or Riviera)...

Carlos:

Actually 'Golf Blue', color code W91, is an approved PTS color.
So it didn't need any feasibility study to be done by the factory.

I concur with Consolidated that if there was a mistake made on
the color as 'delivered', it was done at the dealership level & not at
PAG. Dealers have to input both color name & color code. There is
little chance that PAG would confuse W91 with 328.

As was mentioned by DES GTS, the reverse happened to a customer
in Maryland back in early 2015. He ordered 'Golf Blue' & got instead
'Gulf Blue'.

I believe that was also dealer error, although they claimed (as does
Miami's 'The Collection' dealership now) it was not their fault.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-and-gets.html

Although I recognize that 'Gulf Blue' is a better known 'historic' 911
color with Porsche enthusiasts & a perennial favorite PTS color to the
present time, I am pretty impressed with how this 'Golf Blue' looks
on this 991 gt3 RS. I agree with others in this forum that have stated
that it might become a more requested color now that folks have had
a chance to see it on an actual Porsche model!

I was pretty clueless about the color 'Golf Blue' a year ago. But I had
to learn about it fast! It seems to have been a standard 911 & 912 color
from MY1966 to MY1968.

And now that I see it on this 991 gt3 RS, I must admit to all of you that I
am quite smitten by it! I hope the owner learns to love it...because I think
it actually makes his/her 991 gt3 RS stand out even more!

Thanks again Carlos for bringing this car in this interesting color to our
attention in this forum!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Presently in West Seattle
Old 02-28-2016, 02:50 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I was approved for Golf Blue in June last year but couldn't wait.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:20 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Eduardo, a slim chance I can get an allocation, I want a black car, since PTS is on hold should I give up, or maybe wait and see if they reopen it or is it useless
Old 02-29-2016, 03:57 PM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by wysl94
While we're on the topic of blue, this just emerged from Vienna. Cross checked it with the approved PTS colors, but still no idea what this is. Any ideas? EDIT: This is UV, not a PTS color.

its in fact UV. just saw the car last wednesday when i picked up a HKT Seven RS Clubsport

it parks in the first district parkgarage Am Hof.

the plate number was stamped in the TÜV sticker on the windscreen. same plate number as the aventador spyder had. saving some taxes.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:34 PM
master_jcp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.autogespot.com/porsche-99...s-6/2016/02/29

Is that gulf?
Old 02-29-2016, 04:35 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

could be Aetna Blue
Old 02-29-2016, 04:52 PM
jearlbeck
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Gulf Blue, paint code 328, GT3 has been the topic of this forum several times. The first time on 3/23/15 https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-a...-and-gets.html and most recently in post #2080 of this thread. I thought it was time to get the facts straight about this car and Porsche’s recovery to correct the error. My deposit went down well before the car was ever formally announced. The dealer accepted my request for PTS on Golf Blue code 6603. They informed that that there was no guarantee on the car being painted any PTS color until the car was formally announced. Furthermore, they pointed out that the odds were against getting 6603 as it was not an approved color and would have to go through a feasibility study in order to be approved by PAG. The window of opportunity for PTS closed on me just before the stop production occurred. That worked out well for me. When the cars went back into production the PTS window reopened. Once again the dealer inquired if 6603 Golf Blue could happen. The dealer generated a spray out panel and it was provided along with the request. A positive response came back within a week. Both the dealer and I questioned the accuracy of that response given our mutual expectation of the timeline of a feasibility study. So a second inquiry was made. Once again a positive response was given. The dealer and I were both still not yet convinced that PAG understood the request. A third request was for 6603 was put forth and once again, a positive response was received. It is important to note that the dealer showed me all of the responses as he received them.

Months later the 991 GT3 was delivered to the dealer in 328 Gulf Blue, not 6603 Golf Blue. It is perfectly clear to me that the error was not made by the dealer. The measure of a man, or an organization, is not if they ever commit an error, but how they recover from the error. The dealer told me that he would be back to me in a couple of days with options on what they could do to make it right. The options were fair, but didn’t solve the problem of losing the driving season while a new car was being built. The car sat in the dealer’s showroom as we worked out the fix. I was more than pleased with their offer, which included remedies from both PCNA and the dealership, and took possession of the 328 Gulf Blue GT3. Over time I fell in love with the color. So much so that my 991GT3 RS is, you guessed it, 328 Gulf Blue.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:57 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jearlbeck
My Gulf Blue, paint code 328, GT3 has been the topic of this forum several times. The first time on 3/23/15 https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-and-gets.html and most recently in post #2080 of this thread. I thought it was time to get the facts straight about this car and Porsche’s recovery to correct the error. My deposit went down well before the car was ever formally announced. The dealer accepted my request for PTS on Golf Blue code 6603. They informed that that there was no guarantee on the car being painted any PTS color until the car was formally announced. Furthermore, they pointed out that the odds were against getting 6603 as it was not an approved color and would have to go through a feasibility study in order to be approved by PAG. The window of opportunity for PTS closed on me just before the stop production occurred. That worked out well for me. When the cars went back into production the PTS window reopened. Once again the dealer inquired if 6603 Golf Blue could happen. The dealer generated a spray out panel and it was provided along with the request. A positive response came back within a week. Both the dealer and I questioned the accuracy of that response given our mutual expectation of the timeline of a feasibility study. So a second inquiry was made. Once again a positive response was given. The dealer and I were both still not yet convinced that PAG understood the request. A third request was for 6603 was put forth and once again, a positive response was received. It is important to note that the dealer showed me all of the responses as he received them.

Months later the 991 GT3 was delivered to the dealer in 328 Gulf Blue, not 6603 Golf Blue. It is perfectly clear to me that the error was not made by the dealer. The measure of a man, or an organization, is not if they ever commit an error, but how they recover from the error. The dealer told me that he would be back to me in a couple of days with options on what they could do to make it right. The options were fair, but didn’t solve the problem of losing the driving season while a new car was being built. The car sat in the dealer’s showroom as we worked out the fix. I was more than pleased with their offer, which included remedies from both PCNA and the dealership, and took possession of the 328 Gulf Blue GT3. Over time I fell in love with the color. So much so that my 991GT3 RS is, you guessed it, 328 Gulf Blue.
What a tale, love how it turned out. Thanks for coming here to tell us the real story. Even when PTS goes wrong, it works out. Congrats on the pair, stunning cars together.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:00 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

They look awesome.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:16 PM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jearlbeck
My Gulf Blue, paint code 328, GT3 has been the topic of this forum several times. The first time on 3/23/15 https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-a...-and-gets.html and most recently in post #2080 of this thread. I thought it was time to get the facts straight about this car and Porsche’s recovery to correct the error. My deposit went down well before the car was ever formally announced. The dealer accepted my request for PTS on Golf Blue code 6603. They informed that that there was no guarantee on the car being painted any PTS color until the car was formally announced. Furthermore, they pointed out that the odds were against getting 6603 as it was not an approved color and would have to go through a feasibility study in order to be approved by PAG. The window of opportunity for PTS closed on me just before the stop production occurred. That worked out well for me. When the cars went back into production the PTS window reopened. Once again the dealer inquired if 6603 Golf Blue could happen. The dealer generated a spray out panel and it was provided along with the request. A positive response came back within a week. Both the dealer and I questioned the accuracy of that response given our mutual expectation of the timeline of a feasibility study. So a second inquiry was made. Once again a positive response was given. The dealer and I were both still not yet convinced that PAG understood the request. A third request was for 6603 was put forth and once again, a positive response was received. It is important to note that the dealer showed me all of the responses as he received them.

Nice first post, and congrats on the cars.. love the colour.

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS