Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 02:39 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
Me and you both using one another for moral support. Hoping for the car and then of course a color I love.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:09 AM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Reference Guide to PTS in a MY2016 991 gt3 RS

I'm lucky to have had Mexico accepted but still maybe means up to 5 month wait from original Dec build. The whole paint process has been a shambles not appropriate when spending this kind of money. I guess no one is kicking up too much fuss as we are glad to have an allocation in the first place.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:55 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

The only positive is. It will get better

PORSCHE IS GETTING FIT FOR THE FUTURE: FURTHER FLEXIBILISATION, A HIGH LEVEL OF INVESTMENTS AND SAFEGUARDING OF JOBS
Stuttgart. The Executive Board and the General Works Council of the Porsche AG have adopted a pioneering package of measures for the long-term safeguarding of the company locations. Porsche is to invest more than a billion euros in the expansion of its factories. The objective of the new agreement with the title “Fit for the Future” is also to boost the productivity, flexibility and efficiency of the company while maintaining the social standards for the employees. In the agreement, representatives of both employers and employees have ruled out redundancies until 2020.

“Like all car makers, Porsche faces major challenges – a volatile economic situation, strict CO2 requirements, new drive technologies and the progression of digital technology”, says Matthias Mĵller, Chairman of the Executive Board of Porsche. “This all entails capacities being bound and requires large-scale investments. That is why we are checking and optimising all processes and procedures within the company and set the right course in good time.”

Thus, substantial investments are being made. For instance, a new engine plant as well as a new body shop are coming into being in Zuffenhausen. In addition, the assembly line is being expanded. This is where not only the 911 and the Boxster will roll off the assembly line in the future. As of August 2016, the current and future generations of the Cayman models will also be built in Zuffenhausen. In total, more than 1.1 billion euros will be invested in the Zuffenhausen, Ludwigsburg and Weissach locations. Simultaneously, the high level of social standards at Porsche will continue to be secure.

“The entire package makes sense. We have negotiated something great. We have pushed through many of our interests. Investments ensure that our locations and thus the jobs will be safe for the coming years”, says Uwe Hĵck, Chairman of the General Works Council of Porsche AG. “Fit for the future is great! But we still have to take a few more steps. For our future, we still need enormous growth at the locations and in the region. That is only possible with another model series, which has to be developed in Weissach and built in Zuffenhausen. Because the future has a tradition with us. That ought to be the caption over the title of our agreement, too. Should the Supervisory Board adopt such a project, we will also have to herald a new era in our thinking. Then we’ll turn the idea into a big success. That is why we are already working on a paper that describes this new era. We will be presenting it to the Executive Board in the fall.”

Therefore, the sports car maker will make sustainable use of the “Porsche Improvement Process” and the “Porsche Process Optimisation” in order to prepare for future challenges.

The further development of the working time models makes an important contribution to meet the modified flexibility needs of employees and supervisors alike.

As part of a new part-time work scheme for retirees – taking the demographic changes and concomitant shortage of skilled labour into account – it will facilitate an earlier date for retirement for especially burdened employees.

Apprenticeship training traditionally enjoys a high priority at Porsche. A cutting-edge training centre will open in the fall of this year in Zuffenhausen. Porsche is training 150 young people a year here. These high figures for apprenticeships have been confirmed once more. “Well-trained employees are a guarantee for the future viability and competitiveness of Porsche”, according to Thomas Edig, Deputy Chairman and Member of the Executive Board – Human Resources. Therefore, the new agreement proposes that all apprentices who pass their final examination up to and including July 31, 2020, will get a permanent employment contract.

The agreement will enter into force on August 1, 2015. The Executive Board and General Works Council are in agreement that the previous agreements for securing the economic future of the locations contributed on a long-term basis to the business success of Porsche. Now, with the new agreement concluded, the Executive Board and the General Works Council will continue this success model.

The conclusion of the current agreement does not mark the end of the negotiations between the Executive Board and Works Council, though. To increase the attractiveness of the locations even more for additional projects, the continuation of the talks has been agreed upon for the fall. Head of the Works Council Hĵck has announced in this context forward-looking proposals so as to ensure that future projects will be assigned to the traditional site of Zuffenhausen and the development centre at Weissach.

Porsche model range 911: combined fuel consumption 12.7–8.2 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 296–191 g/km; efficiency class (Germany): G–F
Porsche model range Boxster: combined fuel consumption 9.0–7.9 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 211–183 g/km; efficiency class (Germany): G–F
Porsche model range Cayman: combined fuel consumption 10.3–7.9 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 238–183 g/km; efficiency class (Germany): G–F

GO

Communication Porsche AG
Corporate Communications
Christian Weiss
Phone: +49 (0) 711 / 911 22155
E-mail: christian.weiss@porsche.de

Rapportera
Old 07-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default 'Magic Bamboo Metallic'...and the new 'Graphit Blau Metallic'!

Re-post of something I wrote today at my other thread on the visit to Porsche & Germany:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...2015-a-11.html

What a great investigative team we have at Rennlist! First we have Daniel finding out about a Cayenne in Germany that one of the websites has listed as 'Magic Bamboo Metallic'.

I was skeptical...then Alex chimes in that he has seen a Panamera GTS at Leipzig. And when he asked about it, he was told it was indeed 'Magic Bamboo Metallic'!

Originally Posted by m4ever
Hi Eduardo
thank you for the great educational activity on PTS .
I have personally seen Magic Bamboo metallic during a visit in Leipzig in October 14' . We had hot laps with a Panamera GTS and this car was painted in this exact color (I know this because I had specifically asked to check the color name - as I am also a fan of PTS) . It is indeed very similar to the Cayenne posted above . It looks great in real (I am a fan of green colors on Porsche though). I will try to find out the pictures of this Panamera and post them.
Regards
Alex
Well, if that is indeed the case, then below are the photos of that 'Magic Bamboo Metallic' Panamera GTS which I took a few hours ago on my visit to Porsche Leipzig!

Your Rennlist PTS reporter is on the job! And to think some don't think they are getting their money's worth for their Rennlist membership!

I got to Porsche Leipzig two hours ahead of my scheduled noon 'Carrera Lunch mit factory tour'. And the idea was to see what little diamond could be discovered in the rough (if I could get that lucky!). Of all the Porsches in & around the Customer Center building (which, incidentally, is referred as the 'Diamond' by Porsche & as the 'UFO' by German locals), three vehicles immediately stood out to me because of their unusual color! And this 'green' Panamera was one of them! I found the GTS in an area which is not accessible to the public - in the back of the Customer Center!

I will check with my contacts at 'Porsche Leipzig' to see what they have to say about this 'Bamboo Magic Metallic' GTS. But I don't expect it will be anything more than what I am about to tell you regarding a new color that I spotted on two vehicles at Leipzig today.

Below are photos of my other 'color' find at Leipzig today. It's an experimental color that was observed on two vehicles at this facility - a 981 Boxster and a Panamera. The color was a shade of steel blue/grey. And initially I thought it was PTS. I inquired about it to a marketing executive working at Leipzig that knew of my visit & greeted me when I arrived to check in for my scheduled program. He did some research on the subject and later met me at the dinning hall where our luncheon was taking place with the details on the unusual color. It's called 'Graphit Blau Metallic'. And it's a hue that Porsche designers are seriously considering adding to the color palette in the near future. He explained to me that the Customer Center is often given vehicle(s) in a color being considered as regular 'offering' to test how the paint will handle wear & tear from the constant test rides in all sorts of weather at the facility!

The vehicle in 'Graphit Blau Metallic' that was most accessible to be photographed was a 981 Boxster. Here are the photos, first from the distance, and then unclosed after they allow me to go into the 'grid' and get a close up!

Now, a word of caution. We recently heard that 'Miami Blue' (a solid/uni hue) has been approved as a choice for those that have a confirmed PTS allocation for their 991 RS. 'Graphit Blau Metallic' does have a resemblance to the new 'Miami Blue', although it's a metallic (which doesn't quite look like it due to the almost absence of visible 'flakes'). So it could be that this 'Graphit Blau' was a contender that didn't win the right to be included in the Porsche color palette. We will know soon enough if this 'Graphite Blau Metallic', in addition to 'Magic Bamboo Metallic' become new offerings for Porsche models (991/981/Panamera or Macan) in the near future! But all in all, this was one of the most productive days I have had reporting on PTS on this visit to Porsche in Europe!

I'll be posting more about my visit to Leipzig as time permits me to do so.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Berlin (on my last night in Germany)
Old 07-27-2015, 11:21 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

The graphite blue seems similar to the old Porsche slate blue (80s). Interesting photos.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:29 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Fun stuff
Old 07-29-2015, 06:02 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
The only positive is. It will get better

PORSCHE IS GETTING FIT FOR THE FUTURE: FURTHER FLEXIBILISATION, A HIGH LEVEL OF INVESTMENTS AND SAFEGUARDING OF JOBS
Stuttgart. The Executive Board and the General Works Council of the Porsche AG have adopted a pioneering package of measures for the long-term safeguarding of the company locations. Porsche is to invest more than a billion euros in the expansion of its factories...
I will share what I learned during my visit to Porsche Zuffenhausen on this subject on a future post at my 'Visit to Porsche & Germany' thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ly-2015-a.html

Originally Posted by djcxxx
The graphite blue seems similar to the old Porsche slate blue (80s). Interesting photos.
To my eyes, that color (code 661) was much more 'metallic' that 'GraphitBlau'. You can judge for yourselves. 'Slate Blue Metallic' was introduced in Model Year 1983.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Caslelsardo, Sardinia
Old 07-30-2015, 08:06 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

My V170 Voodoo Blue will go to V200 and get a production date on August 7th, anyone else in this batch or before it if that's indeed what's going on?
Old 07-30-2015, 09:08 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
My V170 Voodoo Blue will go to V200 and get a production date on August 7th, anyone else in this batch or before it if that's indeed what's going on?
Congrats! Voodoo blue will be amazing on this car. Please share some pics when you get it!
Old 07-31-2015, 12:36 AM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I understand your frustration! Not being able to choose is annoying. But I think you will be happy with white. So if you don't like LO, you can choose between silver and white. Someone needs to look them self in the mirror in Stuttgart.
Ho hum. The Boxster paint looks really Boring. Not for me...
Old 07-31-2015, 09:26 AM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I re-checked with my dealer about my PTS and someone somewhere loves me..... Green Yellow still on system and Sept build; confirms parts all ordered on the system.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:36 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1198r
I re-checked with my dealer about my PTS and someone somewhere loves me..... Green Yellow still on system and Sept build; confirms parts all ordered on the system.
Awesome. Can't wait to see that colour on the RS.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:44 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

My dealer went through some of the screens with me a few weeks ago. One has this and V200 on my order, but he believes the more accurate screen is still V170. Such a mess that I've given up asking for updates...
Old 08-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

I am glad you decided to stay with 'Gelbgrün'. It's going to be an incredible color on a gt3 RS!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Arcipelago di La Maddalena, Sardinia
Old 08-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

[QUOTE=Z356;12476872]I am glad you decided to stay with 'Gelbgrün'. It's going to be an incredible color on a gt3 RS!
/QUOTE]

+1

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS