Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 03:18 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Nice! Thanks for the updated list, as always, Eduardo!
Like the last one that was brought to our attention by you, Green Lantern, this one was also initially posted by Rennlister Cy456. I was alerted to it by my friend JSF101 in Texas. So it's nice to have everybody pitch in! Thanks to you guys!

Originally Posted by aboodchy
Eduardo do you know what red PTS shade is closest to candy apple red? I'm thinking the new impulse red but is it available yet as a PTS color?
I really don't know of one. But best to confirm with 'Porsche Exclusive' in Atlanta or Los Angeles. But perhaps you should consider 'Hot Rod Pink Metallic' if that color is ever approved!

Originally Posted by otisdog
Meissen Blue feasibility started!
Feasibility was started already as of the last list we published (2/25/2015), so it hasn't made much progress.

Originally Posted by consolidated
looks like viper isn't offered?

It's there, nicely coiled up in the middle of last page, waiting for an encounter with a PTS customer! If it was a real snake, it would have bitten you in the a**!

Originally Posted by bigkraig
lime gold metallic
After trying for years to kill 'Lime Gold Metallic' since its unfortunate appearance with the intro of the 991 & 981, we have finally been successful. It was decommissioned as a 'Special Color' in the past few days & I was told it was officially buried at a color cemetery just outside Stuttgart.

Please keep it safely 6 ft. underground and away from any PTS order!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-06-2015, 03:21 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Like the last one that was brought to our attention by you, Green Lantern, this one was also initially posted by Rennlister Cy456. I was alerted to it by my friend JSF101 in Texas. So it's nice to have everybody pitch in! Thanks to you guys!
Old 06-06-2015, 10:46 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Eduardo,
Thank you for the good eyes. Off topic dealing with a concussion and trying to tell my dealer what
PTS to put in. Is this Viper Green? Thanks.
Attached Images   
Old 06-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Viper Green', color code 225...

Originally Posted by consolidated
Eduardo,
Thank you for the good eyes. Off topic dealing with a concussion and trying to tell my dealer what
PTS to put in. Is this Viper Green? Thanks.
The photos you attached are restorations. For example, in the top photo, the sellers claimed it is 'Viper Green'. Bottom line, as with any restoration, you never know what is the exact color formula the restorers used. They could say 'Viper'...but it might not be true.

http://cprclassic.com/porsche911/2015/

The good thing about this particular color is that you have threads here at Rennlist where you can see plenty of photos of this hue as Porsche currently interprets color code 225 - Viper Green' - in its current PTS program!

Here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...y-leipzig.html

And here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8198...ca-parade.html

It would be best if you see 'Viper Green' in person before deciding. But if you can't, the more photos you see in all light conditions and perspectives, the better idea you will have of what this color looks like.

The various color chips that were shown to me at 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen. The good thing is that all are taken by the same camera at the same time...so you see how these colors compare to each other!

But some of these bright green are close to each other when looked from the distance. But there are subtle differences in tint, etc. which you need to explore before deciding which is the most appropriate for you given your preferences!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-06-2015, 01:17 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Henry and Eduardo, do you have any best guesses or knowledge of which green is which in this photo above, especially the first four in the 2nd row? Thanks!
Old 06-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default The Mighty Greens...

Originally Posted by <3mph
Henry and Eduardo, do you have any best guesses or knowledge of which green is which in this photo above, especially the first four in the 2nd row? Thanks!
This is Henry's (JUPJAI) wonderfully illustrative photo...which I have incorporated into this thread & plan to use it often to make a variety of points the often subtle color differences in a PTS color (e.g. the greens).

The colors, in no particular order, are 'Viper Green', 'Signal Green', 'Reingrün/Pure Green' & 'RS Green/Grün'...and 'Birch Green/Lichtgrün'!

The trick is deciding the order in which they appear on that particular photograph of the 'Porsche Exclusive' room at Zuffenhausen:

My guess, from left to right, is:

''RS Green/Grün', 'Signal Green', 'Reingrün/Pure Green', 'Viper Green', Birch Green/Lichtgrün'. But it's just my take. Let's wait for Henry's response since he took the photo & he may know the exact order.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-06-2015, 04:00 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Eduardo: Can you please identify the blue in the top row, middle (third from the left)? Thanks.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:29 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

This is Henry's (JUPJAI) wonderfully illustrative photo...which I have incorporated into this thread & plan to use it often to make a variety of points the often subtle color differences in a PTS color (e.g. the greens).

The colors, in no particular order, are 'Viper Green', 'Signal Green', 'Reingrün/Pure Green' & 'RS Green/Grün'...and 'Birch Green/Lichtgrün'!

The trick is deciding the order in which they appear on that particular photograph of the 'Porsche Exclusive' room at Zuffenhausen:

''RS Green/Grün', 'Signal Green', 'Reingrün/Pure Green', 'Viper Green', Birch Green/Lichtgrün'. But it's just my take. Let's wait for Henry's response since he took the photo & he may know the exact order.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
I read the labels on the back
The 1st one I cannot recall
Then Signal, Gelbgrun, Viper and Birch. Oak metallic on top row.

Had to edit my prior post as I then realised Eduardo ONLY got 3 correct - still one smart fella with a good eye for colour!
3/5 = 60%, reminds me of medical school, what to you call the person who is at the bottom of the class and has a 60% mark? = DOCTOR, just like the rest

Too much visual stimulation that morning!!!

Henry

Last edited by JUPJAI; 06-07-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:39 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Eduardo: Can you please identify the blue in the top row, middle (third from the left)? Thanks.
That is sapphire blue metallic
Henry
Old 06-07-2015, 03:38 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Thanks Henry and Eduardo. I didn't realize Gelbgrun was that dark of a green. It sure seems different than photos of Gelbgrun I've seen online. Interesting.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:11 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'The Vision Thing'...

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Originally Posted by JUPJAI
I read the labels on the back
Then Signal, Gelbgrun, Viper and Birch. Oak metallic on top row.
Too much visual stimulation that morning!!!

Henry
Thanks Henry and Eduardo. I didn't realize Gelbgrun was that dark of a green. It sure seems different than photos of Gelbgrun I've seen online. Interesting.

Frankly Daniel...I liked Henry's initial post before he got cold feet, started doubting how smart (or not) I am & revised it!

I wrote them down = The last 4 are 100% correct as Eduardo correctly noted (smart fella with great vision)
Too much visual stimulate tin that morning!!

I am still hoping Henry will read his notes & reconsider. I hate, like George H. W. Bush, not to have 'the vision thing' going for me!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-07-2015, 10:55 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

That is sapphire blue metallic
Henry
Henry, thank you.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:05 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Eduardo - FIFY
Old 06-07-2015, 12:10 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Hi Daniel:

That room has very little sunlight that day, but you can see the tinge of yellow in gelbgrun - that is what makes this colour special. It has depth, but is not dark.

Google RAL 6018 = gelbgrun or yellow green

H8TBL8 Viper Green GT3 from Calgary is driving through to Palm Springs I think in the summer, we should all meet up?

Henry
Old 06-07-2015, 12:26 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Hi Daniel:

That room has very little sunlight that day, but you can see the tinge of yellow in gelbgrun - that is what makes this colour special. It has depth, but is not dark.

Google RAL 6018 = gelbgrun or yellow green

H8TBL8 Viper Green GT3 from Calgary is driving through to Palm Springs I think in the summer, we should all meet up?

Henry
Thanks for your insights on gelbgrun, Henry! I hope someone paints a car this colour and posts photos. Even better, with other green cars.
And, yes, I'd be very happy to meet up, even if mine isn't green!

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS