Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991RS Review thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 05:25 PM
Dante
Racer

Received 156 Likes on 37 Posts

Ok, found something about that GT3 test, look at the maximum lateral acceleration level touched, 1,67g for GT3 and 1.358g for RS.
Fxz..this means just one thing, the day RS was tested there was no grip, that's why a higher laptime, no other reason
Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2015, 06:48 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dante Alighieri
Ok, found something about that GT3 test, look at the maximum lateral acceleration level touched, 1,67g for GT3 and 1.358g for RS.
Fxz..this means just one thing, the day RS was tested there was no grip, that's why a higher laptime, no other reason
Noo!!! It's because it has so much aero that it is heavy, making it slower in slower corners because it only had one thing in mind, the ring, when it was produced and has bad low end torque and its heavy and only 8800rpm and its a FAIL, and the slower acceleration is due to the aero because drag is there even at 30km/h there is sooo much drag that it makes it slower in acceleration, and i'm getting the .2RS in 2019 and maybe i'll wait for the next gen aswell in 2024, if i get an allocation...

There you go fxz, saved you some time!
Old 09-06-2015, 06:56 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Actually Auto magazine
claims the excessive RS weight

Aero story is just mine
to complain about 50k of nothing
ops sorry 50k for a bigger wing! 8600 rpm
super fat Rs and useless holes in the rear to keep the profits super!
Whatelse should we discover?

That s a bargain isnt it?

Much better the Gt3 so far
next gen fingers crossed
they can t miss 2 in a row

Last edited by fxz; 09-06-2015 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Berra
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 991RS Review thread

I'm over at the 996 Turbo section mostly but just wanted to add that a guy on YouTube (shmee150) had a .1RS on some kind of tour last week and he said that the RS was as fast/a bit faster then the 458 Speciale on the highway...not bad considering the drag from that wing and it's "500 hp".
Old 09-06-2015, 07:16 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Originally Posted by Berra
I'm over at the 996 Turbo section mostly but just wanted to add that a guy on YouTube (shmee150) had a .1RS on some kind of tour last week and he said that the RS was as fast/a bit faster then the 458 Speciale on the highway...not bad considering the drag from that wing and it's "500 hp".
Watched it aswell.. He was on a road trip with some supercars, so they surely did a couple of runs.. But personally i find it hard to believe as the speciale is veery fast. The RS would do an amazing job hanging with it atleast for a couple of seconds..
Old 09-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Tre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, he did something like a 6-part series while driving the RS around. Given that he's a McLaren diehard, it's refreshing to hear all of his praise. He did make some kind of comment about the relatively low HP output, but said he was surprised by how Porsche seemed to have wrung a lot of performance from such a figure. He also couldn't get enough of the exhaust note and linear power band.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:11 AM
Superman32
Racer

Originally Posted by fxz
Actually Auto magazine
claims the excessive RS weight

Aero story is just mine
to complain about 50k of nothing
ops sorry 50k for a bigger wing! 8600 rpm
super fat Rs and useless holes in the rear to keep the profits super!
Whatelse should we discover?

That s a bargain isnt it?

Much better the Gt3 so far
next gen fingers crossed
they can t miss 2 in a row
I don't understand if you can get an rs for msrp and make at least 20-50k why you would not take it.
Also I don't think porsche is that stupid to make rs slower than gt3. Whatever gt3 is selling as below msrp and rs is selling at least 50k over. If you think rs is worse or slower than gt3 I think you're better to try the rs and gt3 back to back.
Rs was not a lot faster than gt3 rs are faster but not by a big margin. If you can't justify the 50k premium I totally understand. But this is the biggest gap ever than previous ones for sure. no way it is slower than gt3. If Porsche make rs slower than gt I think they would not even release the rs.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:17 AM
karimgt3
Pro

Originally Posted by Superman32
I don't understand if you can get an rs for msrp and make at least 20-50k why you would not take it.
Also I don't think porsche is that stupid to make rs slower than gt3. Whatever gt3 is selling as below msrp and rs is selling at least 50k over. If you think rs is worse or slower than gt3 I think you're better to try the rs and gt3 back to back.
Rs was not a lot faster than gt3 rs are faster but not by a big margin. If you can't justify the 50k premium I totally understand. But this is the biggest gap ever than previous ones for sure. no way it is slower than gt3. If Porsche make rs slower than gt I think they would not even release the rs.
^^+1
Old 09-07-2015, 11:40 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

We'd like to welcome fxz to...
Attached Images  
Old 09-07-2015, 02:08 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

Denial is for ppl without
arguments against

1 disappointing 8600Rpm +
2 disappointing Super Weight +
3 disappointing Awful rear holes for profit (for them) reasons

ridicoulus for a 200k car

p.s. i had chance for 1 Rs in January
i ve chosen Gt3 instead

i can have another Rs in next Rs batch arriving

but i do not like it for the above 3 reasons

so difficult to accept or smone here is sell driven?
Old 09-07-2015, 02:36 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 159 Posts

Ok, we get you don't like the RS. You are just trolling now. No one is forcing you to buy one. Move along please.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:43 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
arguments against

i ve chosen Gt3 instead

Your cherry picking your concerns from the thousands of accolades the car has received. Criticism is fine, but your tantrums are without balance.

The vents aren't decorative, high pressure intake with some ram air effect, completely new induction system, seems superior to the GT3s back hood intake...what's wrong with that?

Your 9K is an internet winner, but really just reads as overrev to me.

The GT3 versus RS value fights go back years, this is really the first one where not been much of a debate. Just clearly not for you, don't let the door....
Old 09-07-2015, 02:45 PM
fxz
Race Car

first of all thank you for considering a different opinion (finally one!)

defending opinion against no arguments
(jealously , stupid allocation or denial pseudo reasons) is not trolling
but keeping the Rl reputation higher
enough to not swallow any idiocy
aka situations as the king is naked like

looking forward to finalising order for Next Rs...
Old 09-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Superman32
Racer

Originally Posted by fxz
arguments against

i ve chosen Gt3 instead

May be you will like a rs with same gt3 engine (rev to 9000) same narrower body, same tires, bigger wing, some carbon fiber bits. Slightly lighter for 30k more than standard gt3. That is why they did before. If you can have a allocation for msrp even you don't want it why not sell the spot to someone for a profit or if you don't want money I am sure here many people will take the spot and make you feel like a hero? May be your dealer want over msrp? If that's the story I guess every one can get a allocation just the matter of how much over they will to pay.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:09 PM
fxz
Race Car

personally i reckon there was a U-turn at Pag GT
due engine failures

but i reckon also there s sufficient technology around
to overcome these issues

so Gt3 failures and Rs not progressing but regressing
are more related to an higher and higher profit sickness
and not to engineering

hopefully they ve learnt the lesson

Quick Reply: 991RS Review thread