personally i reckon there was a U-turn at Pag GT
due engine failures

but i reckon also there s sufficient technology around
to overcome these issues

so Gt3 failures and Rs not progressing but regressing
are more related to an higher and higher profit sickness
and not to engineering

hopefully they ve learnt the lesson
Can we please move along with this story, and keep the thread for reviews only..

We get that you don't like the car. I suggest u do a new thread about how much u hate the car, and maybe u will find many like you, where u can all enjoy hating on the car all day long, and wait until the .2RS comes out...
But atleast have some respect for the people who ordered, and have professional criticisms without being immature..

Thank you
Old 09-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,399 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Criticism of the GT3 was/is allowed, and same should apply to the RS.

But I don't buy the claim that the RS is slower than the GT3. Not for a second. More torque, more power, less weight, wider tracks, wider tires, much more downforce ... only area where RS can be at a disadvantage is straight-line accel at very high speed, which doesn't matter much in the real world. Let's do an apples to apples comparison with the same genuinely good driver of both cars before we talk about lap times.

RS looks good in the flesh too, big in an intimidating way.

If I had enough $$ to not be uncomfortable tracking a $200K car, I'd be tracking the RS rather than the GT3. But I'm more than happy with the GT3 ... life could be much worse!
Old 09-07-2015, 05:32 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Thankfully, Rennlist has very few trolls. But, when a troll does appear, please do not feed the troll. If you ignore him, he will go away. The more you try to counter his arguments, the more satisfaction he receives.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,660 Likes on 771 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
We'd like to welcome fxz to...
Originally Posted by carcommander
Ok, we get you don't like the RS. You are just trolling now. No one is forcing you to buy one. Move along please.
Your cherry picking your concerns from the thousands of accolades the car has received. Criticism is fine, but your tantrums are without balance.

The vents aren't decorative, high pressure intake with some ram air effect, completely new induction system, seems superior to the GT3s back hood intake...what's wrong with that?

Your 9K is an internet winner, but really just reads as overrev to me.

The GT3 versus RS value fights go back years, this is really the first one where not been much of a debate. Just clearly not for you, don't let the door....
Originally Posted by karimgt3
Can we please move along with this story, and keep the thread for reviews only..

We get that you don't like the car. I suggest u do a new thread about how much u hate the car, and maybe u will find many like you, where u can all enjoy hating on the car all day long, and wait until the .2RS comes out...
But atleast have some respect for the people who ordered, and have professional criticisms without being immature..

Thank you
Originally Posted by Manifold
Criticism of the GT3 was/is allowed, and same should apply to the RS.

But I don't buy the claim that the RS is slower than the GT3. Not for a second. More torque, more power, less weight, wider tracks, wider tires, much more downforce ... only area where RS can be at a disadvantage is straight-line accel at very high speed, which doesn't matter much in the real world. Let's do an apples to apples comparison with the same genuinely good driver of both cars before we talk about lap times.

RS looks good in the flesh too, big in an intimidating way.

If I had enough $$ to not be uncomfortable tracking a $200K car, I'd be tracking the RS rather than the GT3. But I'm more than happy with the GT3 ... life could be much worse!
Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Thankfully, Rennlist has very few trolls. But, when a troll does appear, please do not feed the troll. If you ignore him, he will go away. The more you try to counter his arguments, the more satisfaction he receives.
+1 Thank you gentlemen.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Selvatico
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Rs.A lot.But I even think that some Fxz points of view are shareable.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Selvatico
Instructor

Originally Posted by WazRS
Haha! I did go to Bergamo in the past and was a super trip, cant forget!

I'm going to Rome/Florence next week, maybe you can advise me ...
Sorry I live in the very North so a good guide (book) will offer you a better service:-)
Old 09-10-2015, 06:39 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://instagram.com/p/7dkyd7xvyG/

Gt3rs with Akrapovic exhaust
Old 09-11-2015, 10:40 AM
FRP||
Advanced

Just dropped. Sounds glorious.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:44 AM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 156 Posts

Saw an ultraviolet one last night at the Dallas dealer. It wasn't lit otherwise i would have taken a photo or two.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,882 Likes on 970 Posts

Good review by Drive Aussie: http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-revi...26-gh9lw0.html

That's a lot of frequent flyer miles for 1.1kg saving....
"In a move first adopted on the German car maker's 911 GT3 Hybrid race car, it also receives a magnesium roof. Without any suitable supplier in its home land, the lightweight metal is sourced from South Korea before being shipped to Canada where it is pressed and then sent to the USA for finishing prior to ending up in Germany. The claimed saving over the standard aluminium structure is a mere1.1kg, but as Preuninger points out, it is from the highest point on the car and proves crucial in reducing the centre of gravity. A carbon fibre roof is apparently heavier. "
Old 09-11-2015, 11:00 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FRP||
Just dropped. Sounds glorious.

Porsche 911 GT3 RS | evo LEADERBOARD - YouTube
EVERYTHING he states about the RS in this review I love. This review is much more nuanced than the all the others, even Chris Harris'.

Love how he speaks about it having more feedback than the GT3, perhaps less accessible, more traditional 911 characteristics, lives on the knife's edge, purer track experience. Jethro is my new favorite journo.

Incredible that it topped a Speciale.

The wait is murderous.
Attached Images  
Old 09-11-2015, 11:08 AM
FRP||
Advanced

EVERYTHING he states about the RS in this review I love. This review is much more nuanced than the all the others, even Chris Harris'.

Love how he speaks about it having more feedback than the GT3, perhaps less accessible, more traditional 911 characteristics, lives on the knife's edge, purer track experience. Jethro is my new favorite journo.

Incredible that it topped a Speciale.

The wait is murderous.
I'm surprised it didn't edge out the Turbo S... Of course such comparisons are less controlled than ideal.

The wait is indeed murderous. 14 years and counting...
Old 09-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,882 Likes on 970 Posts

Put the Turbo S on same tires and it'd be no contest. I trust all those obsessed with lap times are canceling their RS order and looking for a Turbo S allocation....
Old 09-11-2015, 11:18 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Put the Turbo S on same tires and it'd be no contest. I trust all those obsessed with lap times are canceling their RS order and looking for a Turbo S allocation....
A vanilla 991 Turbo on MPSC2 would not be far behind and close to the Speciale on this track. If Porsche wanted to bitch slap a lap time they would do so with an AWD 991 GT2RS.

What's surprising is the gap between the 991 Turbo and GT-R, 1.7 seconds.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:29 AM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"It's the 911 u'd sell your organs to buy"

Quick Reply: 991RS Review thread