Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 08:54 PM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live very close to Stevens Creek Porsche, but I can't even bring myself to see their GT3 because of my dislike of their sales staff. Maybe I will check it out when I stop by to get the new Le Mans T shirt.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:10 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default 'Also sprach Zarathustra', Nietzsche & PTS...

Since PTS practices at PAG is an integral part of this story, I thought this might be of interest to readers of this thread!

As promised by Barbara Boeckenhoff (Manager, Porsche Exclusive - Personal Design PCNA), today I received the following information from Melissa Witek, whom we all have to thank for her dedicated service to customers on issues of PTS & 'Exclusive' options. I also want to thank Ms. Barbara Boeckenhoff for her assistance in these matters and arranging for my visit with 'Porsche Exclusive' in Germany.

I have decided not to attempt any analysis of it, but reported just as I received it. Like Nietzsche, I am trying to be philosophical about it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS I depart tomorrow for Germany and have a tour of the factory on Thursday July 16th and a luncheon & afternoon session with 'Porsche Exclusive' executives on a Friday July 17th. I will report on those at a later date. I am also trying to arrange for a tour of the Porsche Leipzig production facility on Monday, July 27th.

To make it easier to read, my questions to 'Porsche Exclusive' are in 'red'. Melissa's responses are in 'blue'.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:44 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by hlee1169
I live very close to Stevens Creek Porsche, but I can't even bring myself to see their GT3 because of my dislike of their sales staff. Maybe I will check it out when I stop by to get the new Le Mans T shirt.
Same here. My love for Fashion Grey is incredible, but I can't do it.

Although, I will be in there for service on one of my cars tomorrow morning... So, I suppose I will see it (and will just waive off sales people as I'm there for service only). Will snap pics if I don't get too disgusted by their sales staff.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:01 AM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
I saw the car in person at Stevens Creek. Sales staff totally ignored me (thankfully). I own a Suzuka Grey Audi and the colors are nothing alike. The Suzuka is very similar to Carrara White Metallic. The Fashion Grey is very beige / sand-colored (some brown / yellow in it).
ah. i've yet to see a Suzuka Grey car in person and it seems like another one that is hard to capture well in pictures. a side by side with Fashion Grey would be cool to see.

Originally Posted by Z356
In my opinion the color closer to Porsche 'Modegrau' in the Audi world is 'Nardo Grey'. But they are not identical, of course.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
i've seen Nardo Grey in person and i would say it is much darker than Fashion Grey. i prefer Nardo Grey, but both are pretty unique.

edit: saw this RS6 in the parking lot by Neuschwanstein Castle last October

Old 07-14-2015, 12:27 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Saru385
ah. i've yet to see a Suzuka Grey car in person and it seems like another one that is hard to capture well in pictures. a side by side with Fashion Grey would be cool to see.
Let's remember 'Susuka Grey' is a metallic & 'Modegrau' is a solid/uni. Apples & Oranges.

Originally Posted by Saru385
i've seen Nardo Grey in person and i would say it is much darker than Fashion Grey. i prefer Nardo Grey, but both are pretty unique.

edit: saw this RS6 in the parking lot by Neuschwanstein Castle last October

Nice RS6 Avant. Beautiful details by adding the 'yellow' color elements! Shame that Audi doesn't import them into the US.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-14-2015, 12:50 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a 2014 Audi RS5 and agonized over color. So looked at everything in person. Suzuka Gray is basically white. Nothing like Fashion gray. Best Porsche match is Carrara white metallic basically a metallic white. I thought using the term "gray" in Susuka Gray was very misleading.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:54 AM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

Nice RS6 Avant. Beautiful details by adding the 'yellow' color elements! Shame that Audi doesn't import them into the US.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
yea, that car was really nice. the lot attendant came over and asked me why i was taking pictures of "that boring wagon" and not the Ferrari that was also in the lot. i told him "because red Ferraris are boring".

it's definitely too bad that Audi hasn't been sending the Avants to the US. i see they are talking about maybe sending the next gen RS5 Sportback though. i think those cars look bad and they don't give you the space advantage of the Avant, so they're a lose-lose to me.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:57 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

In my opinion the color closer to Porsche 'Modegrau' in the Audi world is 'Nardo Grey'. But they are not identical, of course.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
In some pictures they may seem similar, but in person they are nothing alike. Nardo grey is amazing, while Fashion grey is too sandy / beige for me.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:58 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Same here. My love for Fashion Grey is incredible, but I can't do it.

Although, I will be in there for service on one of my cars tomorrow morning... So, I suppose I will see it (and will just waive off sales people as I'm there for service only). Will snap pics if I don't get too disgusted by their sales staff.
Looks like the one at Stevens Creek is now under deposit.

Old 07-14-2015, 03:33 PM
biglare
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Looks like the one at Stevens Creek is now under deposit.
Do you know if they got their $50k over that they were asking for? They said that they turned down multiple offers of $30k over.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:36 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by biglare
Do you know if they got their $50k over that they were asking for? They said that they turned down multiple offers of $30k over.
The only guy in the showroom didn't know what it was under deposit for. That, or he didn't want to share because it hadn't actually sold sold yet.

Lots of dumb money in the area, though. I don't doubt that with enough time, some sucker would pay their asking price.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:04 PM
SHAG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do we know if there are any signal green GT3s still available?
Old 07-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Is any 'Signal Green' gt3 still available?

Originally Posted by ****
Do we know if there are any signal green GT3s still available?
I don't believe...but perhaps someone keeping an eye on the latest from the US gt3 market can chime in!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post12303413

I am pretty glad mine landed safely...

...and is secured in my garage with armed guards (Rodolfo & Luigi) looking out for it 24/7!

Saludos,
Eduardo
On the banks of the Mosel River in Germany

Old 07-28-2015, 08:32 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 384 Likes on 215 Posts

I believe the IMSA GT3 pace car is a PTS signal green car.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:51 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mwar99
I believe the IMSA GT3 pace car is a PTS signal green car.
There were reports on this thread earlier, at the Imsa/Tudor Watkins Glen race, that one of 'our' PTS gt3s in 'Signal Green' served as a pace car...and we have a photo of it on the parking lot.

But does anyone have more information on this car, what dealer it was sold by, its original owner or a photo of it on the track being used as a 'pace car'?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Castelsardo, Sardinia

View from where I am presently posting from:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...2015-a-12.html

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!