Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 09:25 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
By the way, what is Porsche charging you for air shipment of a Porsche today?
Apparently, too much!
Old 07-03-2015, 05:08 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Apparently, too much!
above MSRP for sure
Old 07-03-2015, 05:11 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by <3mph
Anonymous, thanks for that info. How does the special flameproof lwb differ in fit / feel? Cool option.
hard to describe the feeling, but feels better... perhaps because fabric not as hard as leather it thus is hugs your body better?
Old 07-03-2015, 05:13 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

By the way, what is Porsche charging you for air shipment of a Porsche today...$20K+?
yeah, I think so -- i'll have to double check but sounds about right
Old 07-03-2015, 07:49 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by anonymous918
above MSRP for sure
Old 07-04-2015, 01:09 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Bidding war...

Originally Posted by dwishner
Stevens Creek Porsche has a new GT3 PTS that arrived today and is available. MSRP is about $157K. Have no idea if they are charging over MSRP or not.
Yes, it doesn't surprise me. One of the ten 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' late allocation PTS gt3s we have been tracking on the thread linked below, although we didn't know Porsche of Stevens Creek was going to get one.

Fashion Grey/Modegrau'
Core Base Standard & Options
4-way Sport Plus Seats,
Extended Range Fuel Tank (082)
Seat Heating (342)
Front Axle Lift (474)
Sound Package Plus (490)
LED Headlights (602 or XEY)
Sport Chrono (643)
Sirius/XM/HD Radio (690)
Floor Mats (810)
Auto Dimming Mirrors/Rain Sensor (P13)
PCM w. Navigation (P23)
Ornamental Porsche Crest (ZAB):

Plus the following particulars:

Leather/Alcantara Interior, Platinum Stitching (078)
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell (581)
Brushed Aluminum Interior Package - Anthracite (P1B)
Wheels Painted in Black (XDG)
LED in Black (XEY)
Seat Belts in Silver Grey (XSH)
Sports Plus Backseats Shells in Leather (XWK)
Doors Sills in SS, Illuminated (XXB)

MSRP for the 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' gt3 is $155,765.
Destination and guzzler tax 1,995.
Total $157,760

This is the most expensive of the specs and the one with the most options.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...grey-gt3s.html

Frankly, we should see several more 'Fashion Grey' gt3s in the US dealer network shortly since we had a hard time identifying all ten of them initially:

'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'

1) Champion Florida. (Available. Asking $178,000 or $20K over MSRP)
2) Rusnak Pasadena (Available. Asking $198,000 or $40K over MSRP). Rusnak initially claimed it was 'Mexico Blue' and not 'Modegrau'!
3) New Country - Porsche of Greenwich. Supposedly will be sold to Jerry Seinfeld.
4) Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas - (Sold to Rennlist user)
5) Porsche of North Houston (Sold)
6) Porsche of Stevens Creek (Available as of today)
7) ?
8) ?
9) ?
10) Assigned to customer known as 'Anonymous918' & who has two 918's on order! He is the only PTS gt3 in this group whose specs were totally modified from original. He is getting LWB, PCCB, etc. Along with the North Carolina buyer, I believe this PTS 'Modegrau' is an extra build and does not count against the original 10 'Modegrau' that PAG/PCNA originally thought to allocated to the US dealers on the reward program. But I don't have confirmation of that at the present time and is only speculation.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in the Hood Canal, WA
Latest on this 'Fashion Grey' gt3 that just arrived at Porsche of Stevens Creek in Silicone Valley, California. Posted today, July 3rd, by Rennlister 'La8apx':

Originally Posted by La8apx
These guys are my local dealers and I was contacted on Tues about this car. They "currently have offers $30+ above MSRP"..... asking for a bidding war.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-norcal-4.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,604 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Hey, did I START with YOU ? NO
You must be a prior over MSRP buyer offended by my comments.
Please don’t be offended “Rich Boy"
As someone who lurks in this thread to learn about PTS and absorb the general knowledge, and won't have the means or opportunity to order anything like a GT3 for a long time, I have to say your constant railing against those paying over MSRP is really tedious. You've made your point...move on. By now, you have to have figured out that your opinion is not shared by the majority of people in this thread, so why continue to beat your head against the wall? You're certainly not changing anyone's mind, and you're not winning friends, you're making enemies.

Forums are not for everyone. I am a member of many, and I only "hang out" in a few because the attitude of the general public in the others isn't really one that I share. But do I go in and tell them that they're all idiots? No. I just never post, and only go in when I need information about a particular item.

As I understand it by reading this thread, you've got your deal, so you're no longer "in competition" with those willing to pay over MSRP....so what's the deal? If I were in your shoes, I'd be happy that I got a deal over what others are willing to pay, and even happier that other's behavior means that your own car will be worth more at the end of your ownership. Lord knows I missed the boat on buying an air cooled 911...could have paid for half my kids college education had I bought a 993 turbo a few years ago based on what it's worth now.

I just don't get it. Why continue to be a source of negativity? What are you hoping to accomplish?
Old 07-05-2015, 07:54 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
As someone who lurks in this thread to learn about PTS and absorb the general knowledge, and won't have the means or opportunity to order anything like a GT3 for a long time, I have to say your constant railing against those paying over MSRP is really tedious. You've made your point...move on. By now, you have to have figured out that your opinion is not shared by the majority of people in this thread, so why continue to beat your head against the wall? You're certainly not changing anyone's mind, and you're not winning friends, you're making enemies.

Forums are not for everyone. I am a member of many, and I only "hang out" in a few because the attitude of the general public in the others isn't really one that I share. But do I go in and tell them that they're all idiots? No. I just never post, and only go in when I need information about a particular item.

As I understand it by reading this thread, you've got your deal, so you're no longer "in competition" with those willing to pay over MSRP....so what's the deal? If I were in your shoes, I'd be happy that I got a deal over what others are willing to pay, and even happier that other's behavior means that your own car will be worth more at the end of your ownership. Lord knows I missed the boat on buying an air cooled 911...could have paid for half my kids college education had I bought a 993 turbo a few years ago based on what it's worth now.

I just don't get it. Why continue to be a source of negativity? What are you hoping to accomplish?
Keep “lurking”
Move on
Old 07-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Keep “lurking”
Move on
"Move on"

How ironic a comment coming from someone who has been beating the drum of the same point over and over.

I thought maybe a perspective from someone with no dog in the fight might help you see how your posts appear, but it would seem that is not enough. I shall move on from discussing this further with you, for sure.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:03 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

"Move on"

How ironic a comment coming from someone who has been beating the drum of the same point over and over.

I thought maybe a perspective from someone with no dog in the fight might help you see how your posts appear, but it would seem that is not enough. I shall move on from discussing this further with you, for sure.
Your an admitted “lurker” and find the need to come out of hiding to call me out. As a public forum there are many walks of life that post here. When people scream the dealers are taking advantage of the buyers, I am more than happy to chime in “buyers" are fueling this over MSRP frenzy. I just cannot comprehend paying a premium that amounts to the average annual salary in the USA on top of a 200k car. As I said before we all bring our life experiences with us on Rennlist. I believe most here are out of touch with the reality that 99% of the population go through on a daily basis. I am always amazed that the “rich” always know the price of everything, but the value of nothing. I won’t bore you with my story other than I am not in the 1%.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Your an admitted “lurker” and find the need to come out of hiding to call me out.
I resent the term "hiding". A lurker is not a negative or derogatory term on an internet forum. No more than a person who listens to the same talk radio for years, and finally calls in to get on the show. I am simply interested in this thread, as I have said, and have been following it for some months now. however, I do not have the means to purchase a GT3, and therefore have not had anything constructive to add to the discussion up to this point.

The fact that I felt the need to raise my voice for the first time and say something should tell you how someone, definitely not in the 1% and with no dog in the fight for a GT3, views your repeated posts on the subject. I had hoped this might open your eyes to the fact that it's not the members posting in this thread being overly sensitive or defensive to your point as you have claimed. Even to someone like me, who chafed at paying MSRP for the Porsche that I do own, views your repeated mentioning of your point as tilting at windmills. Take it for what you will.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:03 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I think this thread is degrading into something unworthy of this forum. It's time to get back on subject. I have appreciated this particular forums integrity and ability to take the "high road." I don't think calling anyone out and placing them into perceived and generalized groups of your own personal definition is appropriate or productive. Time to let it go...
Old 07-05-2015, 10:44 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Right.

I am sad to have stumbled on this thread after the Modegrau came and went from Porsche North Houston. Are there any more in the Houston area? Would love to see one...
Old 07-05-2015, 10:52 PM
FORENN
Banned

Right.

I am sad to have stumbled on this thread after the Modegrau came and went from Porsche North Houston. Are there any more in the Houston area? Would love to see one...
Not that we know of here on RL. A few of the FGs are still unaccounted for, per Ed's update a few posts up, so it is possible another will turn up in your area, but I would bet it's unlikely.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:18 PM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hlee: Don't try to shorten that boat ride and interrupt the important 'science experiment' Porsche is currently conducting with your beautiful 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3. The purpose of this 'slow-boat-to-China' adventure is to test how effective the new 'cosmoline' the factory is planning to use works on long sea voyages in super salty air conditions. So far, the 'Bangkok Highway' has been with your gt3 to the hot tropical Brazilian coast in the South Atlantic:

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Well, it turns out the boat is NOT the boat carrying my ARM GT3, because my car was just delivered to Omaha Porsche this morning! It made port at Houston on 6/26. I have no idea why the information in the computer is wrong, but hey, no need to worry about it wandering aimlessly in the Caribbean and the Gulf any more. Now I need to find a transport to move it to California.

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!