Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 02:25 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Thanks Mike. Was the car repainted at some point since 1974? Do you know if any of the IROC cars kept their original factory paint?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Eduardo,

9114600040 had the exterior paint "refreshed" before I purchased it circa 1982. To me "repainted" might include a hue change, etc.. My car's interior, under hood color, engine compartment, etc., exactly matched the exterior color. QED, it was a faithful "refresh" as to original color.

As to other IROC RS's, IDK.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:09 PM
biglare
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Eduardo...

Just found a ARM GT3 in yesterday at the dealer in Chicago area. They are asking $30K over sticker on this one.

http://4porsche.com/new/Porsche/911+...72560/info.php

The Porsche Exchange
2015 Premier Porsche Dealer
2366 Skokie Valley Rd.
Highland Park, IL 60035

Additional Equipment
082 - Extended Range Fuel Tank
24931 - Exterior Paint to Sample
342 - Seat heating (front)
474 - Front axle lift system
490 - Sound Package Plus
583 - Smoking package
602 - LED headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
630 - Light Design Package
643 - Sport Chrono Package incl. Porsche Track Precision App
68 - Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara® with Stitching in Guards Red
690 - SiriusXM® Satellite Radio & HD Radio Receiver
749 - Leather interior package with decorative Red stitching
789 - Code for exterior color to sample
810 - Floor Mats
99 - Exterior Paint to Sample, Metallic
CXC - Personalized Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated
P13 - Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
P23 - Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. navigation module
XES - Preparation door-sill guards, illuminated
ZAB - Ornamental Porsche Crest

I guess you can update your list with this ARM GT3 now that we now where it is.

I'm still not willing to pay $30k over sticker.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default $30K over? We were told this morning it was being sold at sticker?

Originally Posted by biglare
Eduardo...

Just found a ARM GT3 in yesterday at the dealer in Chicago area. They are asking $30K over sticker on this one.

http://4porsche.com/new/Porsche/911+...72560/info.php

The Porsche Exchange
2015 Premier Porsche Dealer
2366 Skokie Valley Rd.
Highland Park, IL 60035

Additional Equipment
082 - Extended Range Fuel Tank
24931 - Exterior Paint to Sample
342 - Seat heating (front)
474 - Front axle lift system
490 - Sound Package Plus
583 - Smoking package
602 - LED headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
630 - Light Design Package
643 - Sport Chrono Package incl. Porsche Track Precision App
68 - Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara® with Stitching in Guards Red
690 - SiriusXM® Satellite Radio & HD Radio Receiver
749 - Leather interior package with decorative Red stitching
789 - Code for exterior color to sample
810 - Floor Mats
99 - Exterior Paint to Sample, Metallic
CXC - Personalized Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated
P13 - Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
P23 - Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. navigation module
XES - Preparation door-sill guards, illuminated
ZAB - Ornamental Porsche Crest

I guess you can update your list with this ARM GT3 now that we now where it is.

I'm still not willing to pay $30k over sticker.
That is interesting information on the $30K over sticker, biglare! Because we got conflicting information just TODAY on the asking price at The Porsche Exchange from fsts2k at this other thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ena-red-2.html

Originally Posted by fsts2k
Been a lurker on here as I try to figure out if I am going to buy one of these cars. That said, the Porsche Exchange in Highland Park called me and offered an Arena Red car for ~156k. I don't know the options nor looked at it as I am not interested in the color but thought someone here might be.
I gave him the following information on that other thread:

"Thank you Kevin. The MSRP, with Guzzler & Destination is $155,025, so at approx. $156K The Porsche Exchange would not be asking for much of a mark-up!

Arena Red Metallic gt3

Core Base Standard & Options
4-way Sport Plus Seats,
Extended Range Fuel Tank (082)
Seat Heating (342)
Front Axle Lift (474)
Sound Package Plus (490)
LED Headlights (602 or XEY)
Sport Chrono (643)
Sirius/XM/HD Radio (690)
Floor Mats (810)
Auto Dimming Mirrors/Rain Sensor (P13)
PCM w. Navigation (P23)
Ornamental Porsche Crest (ZAB)

Besides 'Core Base' above, it comes with:

Black/Alcantara Leather Interior, Guards Red stitching (068)
Smoking Package (583)
Light Design Package (630)
Leather Interior Package wit Decorative Red Stitching (749)

MSRP for the 'Arena Red Metallic' Spec is $153,030.
Destination & guzzler tax 1,995.
Total $155,025

Post #44
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-gt3s-3.html

We reported as early as 3/22/2015 that 'Porsche Exchange' would be getting an 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3 as part of the 30 PTS late allocations:

'Arena Red Metallic'
Confirmed
1) Porsche of Tacoma (WA) Available. (Asking $10K over MSRP)
2) Porsche of Omaha - (Available as of Sat. March 21st! Sold to Rennlister who then backed out due to lack of LWB)
3) Porsche of Conshohoken - (Sold at MSRP to Rennlister).
4) Porsche Exchange - (Available as of two days ago. Were asking MSRP)
5) Porsche of Beverly Hills (Available as of a few days ago).

Post #51
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-gt3s-4.html

I am surprised it didn't sell & it might still be available. Thanks again for the heads up!"

As far as updating our records, we have known that 'The Porsche Exchange' was getting this allocation as far back as 3/20/2015 and we posted here on 3/22/2015. What is news is that this 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3 was not sold and now they are asking $30K over sticker!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-10-2015, 08:03 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll let my ARM go for 29,999 over sticker, JK
Lol
Old 07-10-2015, 08:17 PM
biglare
Instructor

As far as updating our records, we have known that 'The Porsche Exchange' was getting this allocation as far back as 3/20/2015 and we posted here on 3/22/2015. What is news is that this 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3 was not sold and now they are asking $30K over sticker!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Sorry, I must be confused. The Salesman said that it just arrived yesterday.

Email from the Salesman
Thank you for giving the Porsche Exchange an opportunity to earn your business. ..... The Porsche Exchange is the exclusive Premier Porsche Dealership in the Chicago region and the largest in the Midwest! I received your inquiry on a Porsche 911 GT3. Did you have any questions about the GT3? I do have an available Arena Red GT3 that just arrived yesterday! Did you have some time to stop in and check it out soon?

We are looking for $30K over MSRP for this GT3 so I’m not sure if that eliminates this GT3 from consideration.

Oh well, at any rate still too crazy for me.

Thanks for you help too!
Old 07-10-2015, 08:38 PM
biglare
Instructor

Just got a correction email from the Salesman, he said it is actually $20k over and not $30k over sticker.

Email from Salesman
I hit a “3” instead of a “2”. It’s actually $20K over
Old 07-10-2015, 08:41 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Easy to clarify the issue...

Sorry, I must be confused. The Salesman said that it just arrived yesterday.

Email from the Salesman
Thank you for giving the Porsche Exchange an opportunity to earn your business. ..... The Porsche Exchange is the exclusive Premier Porsche Dealership in the Chicago region and the largest in the Midwest! I received your inquiry on a Porsche 911 GT3. Did you have any questions about the GT3? I do have an available Arena Red GT3 that just arrived yesterday! Did you have some time to stop in and check it out soon?

We are looking for $30K over MSRP for this GT3 so I’m not sure if that eliminates this GT3 from consideration.

Oh well, at any rate still too crazy for me.

Thanks for you help too!
To clarify the confusion. The actual allocations to the dealers who were going to received these special 30 PTS gt3s were handed out sometime in January (2015). We heard about it in early March and broke the story here on Rennlist on this thread. We identified on March 22nd, via one of our Rennlist member that provided that information, 'The Porsche Exchange' as one of the dealers that would be receiving (after it was built & shipped over) an 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3. And it was followed up with this on March 24th:

The ARM gt3s were actually built sometime in March or April. The ARM gt3s started arriving recently at the dealerships that were awarded by PAG/PCNA the special allocations. So it's not surprising this car arrived in the Chicago yesterday. It was probably on the same boat as hlee1169's ARM gt3. That one also recently arrived at Porsche of Omaha.

Thanks for the follow up on the $30K over MSRP which Porsche Exchange is asking.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

This was reported on Daniel's thread on 'Modegrau'. Not good for our friend 'Anonymous918' and we are sorry to hear this negative news about his very special 'Modegrau' gt3.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Originally Posted by anonymous918
my Fashion Grey finally made it's way and arrived last week. sadly the car made it in a really bad shape -- it was sitting outside of Porsche Exclusive workshop for 3 months after it was completed and got abused by elements (rain, snow, sun, etc.) ... it will require some detail work and after that is done i'll post pictures!

the color is out of this world -- i knew i'd love it but seeing it in person takes it to a whole other level.
Originally Posted by STG991
Was it at least wrapped while it sat outside?
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post12425962
Old 07-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

popped by Stevens Creek Porsche today while on my way home from a fun driving day and checked out the Modegrau 991 GT3 they have. color is definitely on the light side. the way the light was coming into the showroom made it difficult to get a good picture, but there are already pics in this thread anyway. would be interesting to see it next to a Suzuka Gray Audi.

they got the car from another dealer since they didn't get an allocation and the car is listed at "Market Value". around here, i'm guessing that means at least 20k over MSRP. maybe more.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:52 PM
biglare
Instructor

Originally Posted by Saru385
popped by Stevens Creek Porsche today while on my way home from a fun driving day and checked out the Modegrau 991 GT3 they have. color is definitely on the light side. the way the light was coming into the showroom made it difficult to get a good picture, but there are already pics in this thread anyway. would be interesting to see it next to a Suzuka Gray Audi.

they got the car from another dealer since they didn't get an allocation and the car is listed at "Market Value". around here, i'm guessing that means at least 20k over MSRP. maybe more.
They are holding out for $50k over sticker. They have refused $30k over sticker they told me. I saw it the week after it arrived. Looks great on the GT3, especially with the black wheels.

Also, I can meet anyone if they want to see Fashion Grey in person. My new M3 is very close of not a dead match to the GT3 in their showroom.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:31 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

popped by Stevens Creek Porsche...they got the car from another dealer since they didn't get an allocation...
That is a bit of news there. If anyone has contacts at P of Stevens Creek, please try to find out what US dealer they got it from. Surprised that a US dealer couldn't sell a PTS 'Modegrau' gt3 on their own. So it would be interesting to know this piece of the story and added to our 'history' re: these 30 special PTS gt3s. Thanks.

By the way, Anonymous918's newly arrived 'Modegrau' gt3 started out like all other 10 in our group but he was able to modify it since he is in the 918 VIP program. Buying not one but two 918 Spyders comes with some privileges! But apparently the VIP status was not enough to protect his gt3 from getting the now infamous 'worm crawl' on the clear that baked under the 'white' shipping vinyl protective wrap!

Anonymous: Why did they hold you 'Modegrau' gt3 outside the 'Porsche Exclusive' workshop for 3 months...that defeats the whole purpose of your air freight shipping and the whole VIP process.

Remember also you have not yet posted a full list of the options on your unique gt3. Although one of the 10 'Modegrau' that was given to you via the 918 VIP program, you were at least able to get your build modify to suit your desired options. This was a privilege almost none of the others 30 eventual owners were able to do on their 'locked/no modification' builds. So you were very lucky that way!

If you can also post this information & photos on this other thread, it would be appreciated.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...y-gt3s-58.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
because Porsche Exclusive is backlogged. i am sure you seen it before, but for those who haven't: Porsche Exclusive is just a small workshop with a couple of lifts and half a dozen "we-are-not-impressed-by-your-fancy-car" employees.

well, the whole VIP process is a bit of a sham. it is like when you get your membership upgraded from Platinum level to Diamond level - same bull**** just different marketing name

my car sits outside Porsche Exclusive waiting for it's turn just like any other car. it is not sitting in a protective bubble and it does not have a huge VIP sticker on top of it or armed guards next to it.
that is exactly why the problem happened. something about water/moisture getting trapped between plastic and clear coat before paint had a chance to fully cure.
sure...

Price $181,815.00
it looks more like wrinkles or as if worm crawled through the clear coat and left a very short trail in random places...

apparently putting the car into the heated booth body shops use helps a lot to remediate the situation, but doesn't fix it 100% and will require some further detail work to make it perfect.
well, taking the car into the heat booth at the body shop has helped with most of these imperfections (in fact, all are gone except for the only ones on the roof left)

i am going to take the car into the heat booth again a few times to see if the rest of it can be fixed or minimized... fingers crossed.
not quite.

paint heat booth is much faster and more efficient. paint booth heats it up to 140-150 degrees. in fact, 30 minutes in a heated paint booth is equivalent to leaving your car outside for 30 consecutive days of hot weather.
Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-13-2015, 01:32 AM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

They are holding out for $50k over sticker. They have refused $30k over sticker they told me. I saw it the week after it arrived. Looks great on the GT3, especially with the black wheels.

Also, I can meet anyone if they want to see Fashion Grey in person. My new M3 is very close of not a dead match to the GT3 in their showroom.
wow, $50k over seems like a stretch, but you never know. i'll see if i can find out where they got it from when i go back to schedule some service on my car.

the person i chat with there mentioned that there is a M3 around here in that color, so must have been referring to yours.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:11 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

I saw the car in person at Stevens Creek. Sales staff totally ignored me (thankfully). I own a Suzuka Grey Audi and the colors are nothing alike. The Suzuka is very similar to Carrara White Metallic. The Fashion Grey is very beige / sand-colored (some brown / yellow in it).
Old 07-13-2015, 03:39 AM
biglare
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mech33
I saw the car in person at Stevens Creek. Sales staff totally ignored me (thankfully). I own a Suzuka Grey Audi and the colors are nothing alike. The Suzuka is very similar to Carrara White Metallic. The Fashion Grey is very beige / sand-colored (some brown / yellow in it).
Maybe we can meet up one day for some photo comparisons.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:46 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mech33
I saw the car in person at Stevens Creek...I own a Suzuka Grey Audi and the colors are nothing alike. The Suzuka is very similar to Carrara White Metallic. The Fashion Grey is very beige / sand-colored (some brown / yellow in it).
In my opinion the color closer to Porsche 'Modegrau' in the Audi world is 'Nardo Grey'. But they are not identical, of course.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!