Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015 | 04:04 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Pastel orange is closest to .1RS orange right? This I love. Code 019 is too close to Lava, I don't like either.
Correct, 'Pastel Orange', color code z17, started to be promoted by PAG/Porsche Exclusive for MY2011 when a decision was made to eliminate 'RS Orange', color code 8C6. We don't know exactly why the latter was dropped, but most likely is related to warranty related claims that surfaced (fade, etc). 'RS Orange' was developed exclusively for the MY2007 gt3 RS as a 'Special Color' and was offered on that model also in MY2008. But starting in MY2008, it was allowed to be ordered as PTS on other Porsche models including the base gt3, .1 997 Turbos, etc. It also was chosen for two Limited Edition offerings - the Boxster & Boxster S and the Cayman S Sport.

The last I know of a 'RS Orange' PTS build was in MY2010. There were at least two MY2010 base gt3s done in this color - one for P of Rosyln and another for The Collection in Miami. In the period photo sometime in 2008 or so (below), you can see a PTS 'Gulf Orange .1 997 in the foreground and a Limited Edition 'RS Orange' Boxster in the background. The color differences are clearly noticeable.

'Pastel Orange' is brighter than 'RS Orange'. It's a pretty intense color. I like it.

But I am partial to 'RS Orange' because of it's connection to the .1 gt3 RS.

My favorite all time orange color is 'Signal Orange'. That is a historic vintage early 911 color. It has not been requested or approved yet for PTS.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-24-2015 | 04:10 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Thanks let me know who to start pestering for Pastel Orange Z17.
Can you post the list again that "may be" approved?
Old 03-24-2015 | 04:36 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Thanks let me know who to start pestering for Pastel Orange Z17.
Can you post the list again that "may be" approved?
Reter: Again, I want to be clear about this. We do not yet know the list of limited PTS colors that PAG might be considering for the 991 gt3 RS. We only know it will be come, with 100% certainty, from the master list of PTS approved colors for the 991/981/Panamera. The latest such list I know of is attached for your perusal.

I have my own list of 'favorites'. But that is only speculation since I happen to like these bright colors. But we have no idea yet what PAG will decide to do. Keep in mind that the folks that will decide on the PTS colors for the 991 gt3 RS more than likely also choose the PTS colors on these late '15 gt3s I have reported on this thread. Those colors were 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' and 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau'. If you would have asked me a few months ago, I would have said that the chances of PAG picking those three colors for a special run of PTS gt3s was one million to one. So don't necessarily expect the 'expected'...because we might be all disappointed!

Here is what I reported to you about this subject which was passed on to me by someone I know at PCNA:

"the factory has agreed to offer PTS on the RS's at some point for a limited number of cars and in a limited amount of colors."

Compare what I wrote to the email received moments ago from mm3.9gt3 & which he posted on our forum:

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Please see below. The top of the email says "version 2", whatever that means. In short, if you are in a hurry, and you have an early allocation (mine is November - somewhat late), PTS may be an issue.

Paint to Sample is planned to be available for the MY2016 GT3 RS. We anticipate it will be available for only a limited number of units and in a limited amount of colors.
At this time, we do not have an official release date. If you have a client in line for one of your dealer's GT3 RS allocation(s), and he/she is requesting a particular Paint to Sample color, please forwarded the client name, color choice and commission number to personaldesign to be added to the waitlist.
For the requested Paint to Sample color, please only choose a currently approved 911 Paint to Sample color. The list of approved colors may be found on PPN at Sales->New Vehicle Sales->Vehicle Distribution->Order Management->Exterior Paint to Sample. It is not guaranteed that all of the 911 Paint to Sample colors on this list will be approved for the GT3RS.
Please also be aware that the production month for any Paint to Sample GT3 RS may need to be moved to fit timing of the limited capacity for Paint to Sample, i.e. a July quota may have to be moved to December production. If this is an issue for your client, then Paint to Sample should not be chosen.

So CAVEAT LECTOR!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Porsche PTS - 20150121.pdf (121.2 KB, 347 views)
Old 03-24-2015 | 04:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Got it.

As much as I like to jump in a new RS ASAP and head to the Ring I can wait and actually prefer early 2016 delivery so I can enjoy spring instead of fall. As long as I don't lose my allocation and my sales person sounds like that may be the case. I explained to him he can only sell my car if I have a locked in later allocation.

So this list... just some of the "could be available colors".
Its not really Paint To Sample anymore is it? Its more a "no standard, preferred, very expensive color" at this point.

These codes will take a lot of googling to see what looks like I like, but than there is the doubt of seeing on screen VS seeing in real life..

That's why I am referring to colors we know and like...
Old 03-24-2015 | 05:41 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Mystery Deepens...here is the latest info on these 30 gt3s!

Dear Rennlisters:

Someone with strong contacts at Porsche has confirmed to me minutes ago that there are indeed 30 gt3s allocated in total to US dealers, but says not all of them are Paint-to-Sample - some are standard colors! Of the PTS cars, 'Signal Green' and 'Arena Red Metallic' make up the majority. Only a few are 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau'. So caveat lector.

This information mirrors the initial report I presented on the known PTS gt3s which were heavily skewered towards 'Signal Green', then a number of 'Arena Red Metallics' and very few of the 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau'!

'Signal Green'
Confirmed
1) McKenna (Status Unknown. Was initially available at $20K over MSRP...but it might be higher now!)
2) Beverly Hills (Sold at markup over MSRP)
3) Stevinson (Sold)
4) P of Beachwood (Sold at MSRP to Rennlister)
5) P of Bellevue (Sold)
6) P of San Diego (Sold as MSRP to Rennlister)

Reported but not yet confirmed
7) Ellis Atlanta
8) Porsche of the Main Line
9) First report today (3/22) but not yet a liberty to reveal since the Rennlister that informed me is trying to negotiate the purchase.
10) ?
11) Assigned to a North Carolina customer that is part owner of a Porsche sales & restoration shop. (Sold at MSRP). I personally think this is an extra PTS 'Signal Green' gt3 in addition to the 10 originally allocated to US dealers in the reward program. Need that confirm since it's only speculation on my part.

'Arena Red Metallic'
Confirmed
1) Porsche of Tacoma (WA) Available. (Asking $10K over MSRP)
2) Porsche of Omaha - (Available as of Sat. March 21st! Sold to Rennlister who then backed out due to lack of LWB)
3) Porsche of Conshohoken - (Sold at MSRP to Rennlister).
4) Porsche Exchange - (Available as of two days ago. Were asking MSRP)
5) Porsche of Beverly Hills (Available as of a few days ago).
6) ?
7) ?
8) ?
9) ?
10) ?

'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'
Confirmed
1) Champion Florida. (Available. Asking $178,000 or $20K over MSRP)
2) Rusnak Pasadena (Available. Asking $198,000 or $40K over MSRP). Rusnak claims it is 'Mexico Blue' and not 'Modegrau'...we are not so sure!
3) ?
4) ?
5) ?
6) ?
7) ?
8) ?
8) ?
10) ?
11) Assigned to customer known as 'Anonymous918' & who has two 918's on order! He is the only PTS gt3 in this group whose specs were totally modified from original. He is getting LWB, PCCB, etc. Along with the North Carolina buyer, I believe this PTS 'Modegrau' is an extra build and does not count against the original 10 'Modegrau' that PAG/PCNA originally thought to allocated to the US dealers on the reward program. But I don't have confirmation of that at the present time and is only speculation.

If any of our Rennlist readers has information which pertain to our puzzle and/or can clarify the real story re: these 30 late allocation gt3s, I urge you to please post it on this thread. Or, if you prefer, please pm or email me at your earliest convenience. Thank you. We will hopefully get to hear the full & complete version of this story sooner or later!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-24-2015 | 05:44 PM
Nine1won
Rennlist Member

Mexico Blue for me!
Old 03-24-2015 | 06:05 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Nine1won
Mexico Blue for me!
Did you locked up the so-called 'Mexico Blue' gt3 at Rusnak-Pasadena? Scott - Please post or email me.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-24-2015 | 06:41 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Z356
The other two 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3s from this special group of PTS cars that we knew a few days ago were still available are:

Porsche of Omaha (NE)
Talk directly with Mitch:

This was the gt3 reserved then released by Rennlister Nine1won last week.

Porsche Exchange (IL)
Talk directly with Bruce:

The tip on the availability of the Porsche Exchange 'Arena Red' gt3 came from fellow Rennlister Jimmy-D (Thank You Jimmy for the heads up!)
Just received a report from a fellow Rennlister that the 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3 at Porsche of Omaha (Woodhouse) is 'sold'. Don't know if a Rennlister was able to secure it. This was the one that Nine1won had placed a deposit on last week but released a few days ago when he decided against it.

So right now, only the one at 'The Porsche Exchange' might still be in play at MSRP. The other available 'Arena Red Metallic' we know of was at Porsche of Tacoma (WA), but they were asking $10K over MSRP.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-24-2015 | 06:48 PM
Ma991
Racer

Originally Posted by sportscentury
I have not had time to read through this thread or the other new PTS threads today but wanted to let RLers know that the arena red metallic GT3 at Porsche of Conshohocken is available at MSRP. It was on hold for me but I've decided to pass, mostly for reasons consistent with tasman's post above -- while I love ARM and thought about ordering it early on, there are several specs on the car that I would not have added, so the PTS ends up being a lot more expensive for me than just $5500. So if someone is looking for this beautiful color and wants a no-nonsense MSRP deal, contact Ted Sotirakis at Porsche of Conshohocken at 484-690-2585 (direct line). I bought my first 911 from Porsche of Conshohocken many moons ago and they are great, as is Ted.
Well, I may be the lucky winner of your decision to pass on this Arena Red GT3. Ralph put me in touch with Bill at Conshohocken first thing this morning and I say YES right away. Now I must decide to keep my beautiful 4S or get rid of it. Decisions decisions ...

Thank you Eduardo for putting this info together. I had given up on getting a PTS GT3 but thanks to you I got one.

Last edited by Ma991; 03-24-2015 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Thank Eduardo
Old 03-24-2015 | 07:05 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Ma991
Well, I may be the lucky winner of your decision to pass on this Arena Red GT3. Ralph put me in touch with Bill at Conshohocken first thing this morning and I say YES right away. Now I must decide to keep my beautiful 4S or get rid of it. Decisions decisions ...

Thank you Eduardo for putting this info together. I had given up on getting a PTS GT3 but thanks to you I got one.
Glad it went to a RLer. Congrats!
Old 03-24-2015 | 07:26 PM
arena-RTR
Rennlist Member

Well, I may be the lucky winner of your decision to pass on this Arena Red GT3. Ralph put me in touch with Bill at Conshohocken first thing this morning and I say YES right away.].
That's a shame... Ted was the salesperson that took the time to make the Rennlist community aware of the car and list it on here. Who is Ralph, and why did he direct you to Billy?
Old 03-25-2015 | 12:36 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

You are welcome, Ma991. Glad you were able to lock that up. All of the effort spent in sorting out this bizarre story is well worth it when we hear about this type of positive results. Congratulations.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-25-2015 | 02:37 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

If Porsche isn't paying you, they're nuts.
Old 03-25-2015 | 02:58 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

I agree, let's start a petition calling for Eduardo to be appointed Porsche PTS Ambassador!
Old 03-25-2015 | 03:58 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
I agree, let's start a petition calling for Eduardo to be appointed Porsche PTS Ambassador!

Originally Posted by CAlexio
If Porsche isn't paying you, they're nuts.
They are!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!