Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 11:07 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok.. so on the resale market the 2014's will be better then the 2015's, as the rumor will be that the 2015 motors were the re-built 2014's . vs the 2014 having pure assembly line motors... Perfect.. Thx for the help..
Old 03-24-2014, 11:10 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
If 2015s roll out soon, Porsche had better have a hell of a compensation package ready for the engine swap cars (785 worldwide, 408 in the US). If not, they would literally be leaving these customers (myself included) out to dry.
^+1. If not, I will RUN and keep $170K in my bank account.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:25 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
Ok.. so on the resale market the 2014's will be better then the 2015's, as the rumor will be that the 2015 motors were the re-built 2014's . vs the 2014 having pure assembly line motors... Perfect.. Thx for the help..
^ I like....
Old 03-24-2014, 11:39 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
If u read Pag's response to coolant fittings to nhsta on the mezgers- wonder how u guys believe the bs PAG gives u about grenading connecting rods. That was a design issue. Hope u guys get mandated- they haven't done **** for mezger motored cars. Mike
You're probably right. Porsche will spend over $100M to put brand brand new motors in 785 cars and not bother to fix the connecting rod issue so they can do the whole thing over again. Brilliant.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:41 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

I think you're on to something. Pretty much exactly what I said a few days ago....
Old 03-24-2014, 11:45 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Late, you are a genius
Old 03-25-2014, 12:26 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
You're probably right. Porsche will spend over $100M to put brand brand new motors in 785 cars and not bother to fix the connecting rod issue so they can do the whole thing over again. Brilliant.
Where u get that number it's 100 million? Mike
Old 03-25-2014, 12:45 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike, where are you getting the 100million ? Seriously. Cost for motor is probably $15k for them including shipping to dealers.
Do you really believe motor cost them 1/3 of the cost of the car ? ! Delusion!

This is what is going to happen. This is going to cost Porsche VERY little-- actually they have a high probably of making a PROFIT!

About $12million in terms of new motors for all 800 cars affected. Remove all accessories from current motors and stock pile them- refurnished them- cars all very low/no miles so probably cost sub 500k for them to bring to "new" standard or much less.

In terms of parts accessories they will resell to extended warranties or customers like you and in a few years ( remember they share the same components with most 911 platforms) they will end up MAKING money in selling them.

As for the motors in question. Tear down or sell for scrap and get money... Porsche WILL make a profit from disaster. Or just take a hit from their $23,000 profit. Keyword PROFIT. Profit takes into account R&D + cost of running a business. SO in other words the margins they MAKE per car are substantially higher then "23,000" dollars... cmon guys.

In my eyes Porsche will make money from this sorry to burst your bubble for those hoping Porsche losing money- it aint going to happen !
Old 03-25-2014, 12:52 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
^+1. If not, I will RUN and keep $170K in my bank account.
To all the current GT3 owners who do not like Porsche's compensation package, and who will be asking for their money back to deposit into their own bank account, may I propose that you send me all this cash to invest for you for the next 4 years. I promise you an undisclosed, fair annual rate of return per year on your investment. The money will be used to operate a Pyramid scheme that is a better business model than what Amway uses and rewards greatly the people on top of the pyramid, which I will hand pick these people personally. The capital raised will used to buy dedicated track toys to disenfranchised GT3 owners. People on top of the pyrmid will be getting used McLarens, Ferraris and Lamborghinis. People at the middle of the pyramid will be getting used BMWs, Minis, Fiats, and subarus, and finally people on the bottom of the pyramid will be getting used Geo Metros, Hyundai excels, Chevy Chevettes, Chevy Corvettes, Z28s, and Yugos. People at bottom of pyramid scheme will be also required to donate some of their time to deliver these dedicated track cars to their new owners to cut down on shipping cost and maximize profit.
This may prove the best counter attack we would take against Porsch to scare them into giving us a fair compensation package, not discounting of course the merits of such a great investment plan.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:59 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by mqandil
To all the current GT3 owners who do not like Porsche's compensation package, and who will be asking for their money back to deposit into their own bank account, may I propose that you send me all this cash to invest for you for the next 4 years. I promise you an undisclosed, fair annual rate of return per year on your investment. The money will be used to operate a Pyramid scheme that is a better business model than what Amway uses and rewards greatly the people on top of the pyramid, which I will hand pick these people personally. The capital raised will used to buy dedicated track toys to disenfranchised GT3 owners. People on top of the pyrmid will be getting used McLarens, Ferraris and Lamborghinis. People at the middle of the pyramid will be getting used BMWs, Minis, Fiats, and subarus, and finally people on the bottom of the pyramid will be getting used Geo Metros, Hyundai excels, Chevy Chevettes, Chevy Corvettes, Z28s, and Yugos. People at bottom of pyramid scheme will be also required to donate some of their time to deliver these dedicated track cars to their new owners to cut down on shipping cost and maximize profit.
This may prove the best counter attack we would take against Porsch to scare them into giving us a fair compensation package, not discounting of course the merits of such a great investment plan.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:02 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

PAG can't give up know. Those damn Italians ie Ponzi- Pag have to one up them. Mike
Old 03-25-2014, 01:10 AM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Mike, where are you getting the 100million ? Seriously. Cost for motor is probably $15k for them including shipping to dealers.

This is what is going to happen. This is going to cost Porsche VERY little-- actually they have a high probably of making a PROFIT!

About $12million in terms of new motors for all 800 cars affected. Remove all accessories from current motors and stock pile them- refurnished them- cars all very low/no miles so probably cost sub 500k for them to bring to "new" standard or much less.

In terms of parts accessories they will resell to extended warranties or customers like you and in a few years ( remember they share the same components with most 911 platforms) they will end up MAKING money in selling them.

As for the motors in question. Tear down or sell for scrap and get money... Porsche WILL make a profit from disaster. Or just take a hit from their $23,000 profit. Keyword PROFIT. Profit takes into account R&D + cost of running a business. SO in other words the margins they MAKE per car are substantially higher then "23,000" dollars... cmon guys.

In my eyes Porsche will make money from this sorry to burst your bubble for those hoping Porsche losing money- it aint going to happen !
Agree
Old 03-25-2014, 01:11 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

F1CD, I'm not hoping Porsche will lose or make money. It is what it is.

The 9A1 GT3 motors are $55K retail. Sure there's a markup, but it's not 350%. There will be the costs for compensation, potential buybacks, shipping, labor, internal costs for engineering, testing, suppliers, administration, etc. not to mention the potential hit to sales and the bad PR. I don't think Porsche will be coming out of this with a positive on the balance sheet.

But lets not quibble about that. It was suggested that we shouldn't believe what Porsche is saying about the fix and that they are BS'ing us about the new engines. My point is, that's absurd, and that regardless of what this all will cost them, there's no way they risk a repeat performance of this disaster and go the trouble of replacing 785 engines without a robust fix. You're not suggesting this whole thing was a secret profit exercise for Porsche, are you?
Old 03-25-2014, 01:21 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

+100. PAG will make a ton of money. U guys be picking up scraps and u think there doing the right thing? Wake up folks. Even "Tattoo" from "Fantasy Island" says "The plane, the plane!!!" Mike
Old 03-25-2014, 01:22 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

My point is, that's absurd, and that regardless of what this all will cost them, there's no way they risk a repeat performance of this disaster and go the trouble of replacing 785 engines without a robust fix.
Just for the sake of argument, what alternative (to BS-ing and throwing the dice one last time) would they have if they were unable to come up with a robust fix under such tight time constraints? Admit to the blunder publicly and cancel/delay GT3 production for a year or two?

Quick Reply: Compensation