Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So has anyone here gotten a "confirmed and approved" compensation plan from their dealers yet?

I'm walking in tomorrow to mine to discuss and would like to have some solid info I can use as ammunition.

Cheers
Old 03-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

No such thing exists.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:48 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
So has anyone here gotten a "confirmed and approved" compensation plan from their dealers yet?

I'm walking in tomorrow to mine to discuss and would like to have some solid info I can use as ammunition.

Cheers
Arth, Its very confusing. My assumption was they are working on compensation but then at the same time some of the owners are in process of buybacks etc.... I'm just curious to know if they called you in to discuss or you are just going to ask for comp and they probably have to get back to you. I know if I was to call PCNA they probably say they don't have the comp finalized with PAG at this time and probably should know in 3 weeks time extension (Now more like 10 days).
Old 03-23-2014, 01:49 PM
green
Pro

All we know for sure is that buybacks (to be made whole) are offered for those who want it in the US at least.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by silverrules
Arth, Its very confusing. My assumption was they are working on compensation but then at the same time some of the owners are in process of buybacks etc.... I'm just curious to know if they called you in to discuss or you are just going to ask for comp and they probably have to get back to you. I know if I was to call PCNA they probably say they don't have the comp finalized with PAG at this time and probably should know in 3 weeks time extension (Now more like 10 days).
Silverrules ,

All I got was the official letter that everyone else got.

I immediately called the brands maher at my dealer and tried to set a meeting for last week but she was out of the country until today (and she is the one in charge),hence, why I'm going in tomorrow to meet her.

In her reply email last week to my meeting request she stated that she was waiting for PAG for the compensation news and they had no news as of yet. (Last week)

During the rest of last week I called PAG and they informed me I have to contact porsche Middle East for more info on the compensation , so I called porsche Middle East and they said that I have to contact the brand manager at my dealer. So as you can see this is going in circles.

I received no invite to come in and discuss but I'm being proactive letting trying to let them know what I am expecting so they don't low ball me when " hopefully" PAG sends them a template package.

I'll let everyone know how the meeting goes tomorrow.

I'm just going to pop in with no meeting scheduled.

Cheers
Old 03-23-2014, 02:08 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,209 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Not that it's a major issue, but if you DD the MP4 in the rain, you will get drenched when you open the door when you park wherever you do...just a heads up lol.
Haha. Reminds me of one of old Merc models that had one giant windshield wiper. It moved across the windshiled so fast that sometimes it was flinging water to the side, often at valets or other people standing by the car.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:50 AM
bakamon
Intermediate

This can explain why it's taking so long on discussing compensation and the difference to compensation package in each region or each owner heard/got. It can also explain as I posted before, PAG can't figure the bad units out in delivered 785+ vehicles so they decided to replace all of them.(A new engine is not a favor, it's their only choice).

It's not a new post, I just re-post it here:
http://www.wiwo.de/unternehmen/auto/...n/9649612.html
Translate:
Not as a supplier , but the Porsche production have worked with large tolerances and therefore caused the engine damage , learned the business week from Porsche circles. " The supplier is not at fault ," said a Porsche executives of the journal. The selected tolerances were set in a way that could solve under high load the rod bolts from Titan with the 475 -hp high-performance engine of the GT3 and the crankcase damaged . In two cases it was thereby come to fires.
Porsche is now not only all already delivered cars fitted with new engines , but also ensure that the owners through the exchange no disadvantages . The sports car manufacturer is negotiating with regulatory authorities on a regime that prevents the engine swap leads to an impairment. For example, the vehicle papers may be re-issued . In addition, damages in preparation, although they would be negotiated individually with the vehicle owners . In mid-February , the production of the 911 GT3 was stopped and has started a recall . Since then, the expensive cars are silent.

It seems PCNA didn't yet offer any information of compensation to US owners besides the loaner, if dealer can resell the buyback GT3 at $15,000 higher than MSRP(like the one in Houston), I think it's difficult to US owners to negotiate for their compensation packages, the demand to 991 GT3 in US is too strong.

As I said at my first post, I don't like Porsche answer everyone with different terms, negotiating individually with each owner in every region.

Porsche should treat everyone in every region at same and fair terms in this case.

I discussed and confirmed most parts of my "package" with PC in my region last week, and are going to confirm the last part of it this week. I posted what I got from my PC here and hope it can push Porsche to treat everyone in every region at same and fair terms in this case seriously.

I hope it will be useful to all of the 785+ GT3 owners and good luck to all of you.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:05 AM
gonzobreeder
Advanced

It seems PCNA didn't yet offer any information of compensation to US owners besides the loaner, if dealer can resell the buyback GT3 at $15,000 higher than MSRP(like the one in Houston), I think it's difficult to US owners to negotiate for their compensation packages, the demand to 991 GT3 in US is too strong.

Mmmmm I don't agree. The problem as I see it is that there are a substantial number of customers opting for cash or cancelling their orders. This tilts supply in the wrong direction for used cars. Given that Porsche will not offer an extended warrantee on the engine says to me they have no faith in the engine. It will not take long for the market to wake up and be spooked by such things. Sure I may be wrong but there is no doubt the risk of purchasing the product has increased in terms of resale value. It is not fair to expect customers who have purchased the product in good faith to be subjected to more risk because PAG made a mistake. The market would be less spooked if Porsche offered an extended warrantee on all cars affected including my2014 that are yet to have engines fitted. The big end bearing problem that BMW had on their M3 many years ago eventually hurt the vehicles which had to have the bearing replaced and BMW offered an extended warrantee on that engine which brought resale back to normal. Tell me this is any different.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:08 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzobreeder
It seems PCNA didn't yet offer any information of compensation to US owners besides the loaner, if dealer can resell the buyback GT3 at $15,000 higher than MSRP(like the one in Houston), I think it's difficult to US owners to negotiate for their compensation packages, the demand to 991 GT3 in US is too strong. Mmmmm I don't agree. The problem as I see it is that there are a substantial number of customers opting for cash or cancelling their orders. This tilts supply in the wrong direction for used cars. Given that Porsche will not offer an extended warrantee on the engine says to me they have no faith in the engine. It will not take long for the market to wake up and be spooked by such things. Sure I may be wrong but there is no doubt the risk of purchasing the product has increased in terms of resale value. It is not fair to expect customers who have purchased the product in good faith to be subjected to more risk because PAG made a mistake. The market would be less spooked if Porsche offered an extended warrantee on all cars affected including my2014 that are yet to have engines fitted. The big end bearing problem that BMW had on their M3 many years ago eventually hurt the vehicles which had to have the bearing replaced and BMW offered an extended warrantee on that engine which brought resale back to normal. Tell me this is any different.
Agreed--however, I believe the member who posted that Porsche was only offering a monetary compensation package was located somewhere in the EU. Everything I've heard implied from PCNA indicates that an extended warranty is still on the table.

Looks like we'll know in a couple of weeks (hopefully...).
Old 03-24-2014, 12:05 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
Silverrules ,

All I got was the official letter that everyone else got.

I immediately called the brands maher at my dealer and tried to set a meeting for last week but she was out of the country until today (and she is the one in charge),hence, why I'm going in tomorrow to meet her.

In her reply email last week to my meeting request she stated that she was waiting for PAG for the compensation news and they had no news as of yet. (Last week)

During the rest of last week I called PAG and they informed me I have to contact porsche Middle East for more info on the compensation , so I called porsche Middle East and they said that I have to contact the brand manager at my dealer. So as you can see this is going in circles.

I received no invite to come in and discuss but I'm being proactive letting trying to let them know what I am expecting so they don't low ball me when " hopefully" PAG sends them a template package.

I'll let everyone know how the meeting goes tomorrow.

I'm just going to pop in with no meeting scheduled.

Cheers
Thanks Art. Hope all goes well if you can find these people and don't forget to update us if you have success.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:51 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Given that Porsche will not offer an extended warrantee on the engine says to me they have no faith in the engine. It will not take long for the market to wake up and be spooked by such things.
Or PAG knows that the situation is the exact opposite of what everyone's (worse-case scenario) assuming. If it comes out that this was a manufacturing defect. ex. incorrectly programmed (as-in it was set for another type of 9A1 engine that doesn't have titanium connecting rods...) torque setting on an automated gun that is used by technicians during engine assembly to tighten the bolts. Then this will ultimately have very little to no effect on resale values.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:30 PM
MyenShi
Rennlist Member

Mmmmm I don't agree. The problem as I see it is that there are a substantial number of customers opting for cash or cancelling their orders. This tilts supply in the wrong direction for used cars. Given that Porsche will not offer an extended warrantee on the engine says to me they have no faith in the engine. It will not take long for the market to wake up and be spooked by such things. Sure I may be wrong but there is no doubt the risk of purchasing the product has increased in terms of resale value. It is not fair to expect customers who have purchased the product in good faith to be subjected to more risk because PAG made a mistake. The market would be less spooked if Porsche offered an extended warrantee on all cars affected including my2014 that are yet to have engines fitted. The big end bearing problem that BMW had on their M3 many years ago eventually hurt the vehicles which had to have the bearing replaced and BMW offered an extended warrantee on that engine which brought resale back to normal. Tell me this is any different.
Customers here dealing with PCNA are a bit more fortunate I believe, as they seem fairly committed to both customer satisfaction and customer retention. As I've said before, hopefully they'll be able to offer his compensation that'll make people happy. If someone is not satisfied, then they are more than welcome to contact PCNA and negotiate further recompense that is within reason.

Moreover, I hope PCNA will set a positive example for other markets who seem to be having a more difficult time working with Porsche.

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Agreed--however, I believe the member who posted that Porsche was only offering a monetary compensation package was located somewhere in the EU. Everything I've heard implied from PCNA indicates that an extended warranty is still on the table.

Looks like we'll know in a couple of weeks (hopefully...).
Yes, extended warranty is definitely being discussed at PCNA. Shouldn't be too much longer till we hear some news.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:31 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by MyenShi
. Shouldn't be too much longer till we hear some news.
Ya, you know, just another 3-50 weeks...ha.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Nico38gt3
7th Gear

Hello I just got the direction of Porsche France. They just offer me 1 Year Warranty porsche approved And 400 € per week since February 17, 2014
Old 03-24-2014, 04:07 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Ya, you know, just another 3-50 weeks...ha.
LOL. So true.

Originally Posted by Nico38gt3
Hello I just got the direction of Porsche France. They just offer me 1 Year Warranty porsche approved And 400 € per week since February 17, 2014
What's the standard warranty period in FR?

Quick Reply: Compensation