Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:41 AM
gonzobreeder
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Macca your a mind reader!

I have gone to cancel my order three times!!! It's only people like yourself that have kept me in it Just a side note. My head is still saying no but for the moment my heart is winning but only just

One of the problems I have is that the whole thing has hit the general media here in OZ so the dogs are barking it now. While I think this one is a keeper there is no doubt I will have no Option but to keep. So I feel all the things you have mentioned plus put a value on your option to get out early has potentially closed or be prepared for a bigger hit than normal. I feel at least 10 percent of sticker should be forthcoming. I know it sounds big but so is the potential hit.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:30 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,238 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by bakamon
I discussed my compensation with PC today:

If I take the engine replacement:
1. A loaner and a $150/day cash until my GT3 fixed and returned. (approved)
2. No loaner and a $200/day cash until my GT3 fixed and returned.(approved)
3. 30% discount from MSRP(w/op) cash refund. (they will report to PAG and reply me next week)
4. Extended 3 years Warranty. (they will report to PAG and reply me next week)
5. All fix and replacement must be down and return my GT3 before June 30, 2014.
※ They will offer me a loaner list next Monday, I will decide to take #1 or #2 after that.
The daily cash compensation started from Feb. 20, 2014.(stop drive announcement date)

If I reorder a 2015 GT3 or RS: (PAG released all 2015 models details but no GT3 only, strangely?)
1. 10% discount from MSRP and $20K free option on order. (they will report to PAG but it seems to be difficult to be approved)

So, after many good discussions with PC then my thought is:
If you stay in, you will get compensation you want if they don’t cross PAG’s bottom line.
What is their bottom line? Simply, it depends on how much a new buyer would pay for your fixed/engine replaced GT3?
MSRP~10% discount – Impossible !
20% discount – some but not 785

If you want to out, you will get nothing but can make yourself comfortable, save time and choose another toy which can make you happy.
Just to clarify - you are getting/asking for both per-day compensation and lump-sum off MSRP? Also, on the items that are being approved, did you raise the question or did they offer something first and you countered?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a call from "Katrinia" at PNA. Background, my car stopped production on 2/14. Was originally to be at my dealer on May 2nd. She said I will have a loaner on May 2nd to use until my GT3 shows up whenever that may be.

She did not say what type of loaner - likely a used Hyunda (kidding) but felt this to be a fair offer for someone that only has a deposit on a car.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:03 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

@clocked My car went V270 today. Any clue how long until V300 and vehicle completion? Is it just a chassis and no engine married for now? Did Katrina give you any idea?
Old 03-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has been at the V270 since 2/14 and can confirm you are correct the engine has not been married. Based upon the Porsche "tracking" if my car did continue in production on 2/14, it would have been at my dealer on April 2nd. It was one month ahead of schedule on 2/14.

For all of us that are at V270 or before are "lucky" as our cars will never of had the defective engine put in.

I am stating this only on fairness and what I consider proper for Porsche to do:
First engines go to those that have paid for their cars, then to those that have cars at the dealer, in port, on a boat or at the factory but need a new engine. Folks like me will get the new engines last.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:22 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

My order has gone backward.

2/7 V200 delivery date determined, expected delivery date 6/27
3/18 V200 delivery date determined, expected delivery date moved to 7/14
3/20 V170 PAG Handling Necessary, no expected delivery date.

Left a message for Ian Moon at PCNA, I have a few questions for them...

1. What are the implications of status V170?
2. Given all the changes I am concerned about the qualification level of the revised engine. Will PAG extend an extended warranty to all 2014 buyers?

Ryan
Old 03-20-2014, 02:25 PM
bakamon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Just to clarify - you are getting/asking for both per-day compensation and lump-sum off MSRP? Also, on the items that are being approved, did you raise the question or did they offer something first and you countered?

Thanks
The per-day compensation (MAX €150/day) was given by a internal guideline from PAG, all PC already knew it but there are checking the details/terms with PAG. So "some" of the current 785 owners should get(or already got) this offer within one week. If you are in the 785, you can ask your PC about it.

The loaner, is a favor by your dealer. PAG won't pay for their lost on these loaners.

lump-sum off MSRP and extended warranty is my request, to cover my lost on resale value due to the replacement. It was not be approved by PC/PAG yet.

As I said, they won't offer everyone a same compensation, they will do it "case by case" and it depends on your PC attitude.
In some regions, if you don't call them, they never call you.

Thanks.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:39 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

I discussed my compensation with PC today:

If I take the engine replacement:
1. A loaner and a $150/day cash until my GT3 fixed and returned. (approved)
2. No loaner and a $200/day cash until my GT3 fixed and returned.(approved)
3. 30% discount from MSRP(w/op) cash refund. (they will report to PAG and reply me next week)
4. Extended 3 years Warranty. (they will report to PAG and reply me next week)
Hi bakamon.... Thanks for sharing the details. I am still not clear on item #3 "30% discount from MSRP(w/op) cash refund". Do you mean you asked them to refund you 30% of car MSRP which is around $50K in the US, and they said they would check with PAG and come back to you. I think being able to recover $50K if that's what you mean is great, and if true would allow us to buy a cheap track car to hold us off until our GT3 is back. I am just trying to clarify if this indeed what was discussed and PC is considering it, or perhaps I misunderstood you. Please confirm. Mark
Old 03-20-2014, 02:41 PM
bakamon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MaxLTV

Thanks
Originally Posted by 991GT3
Received an offer for the compensation of this issue.
Porsche proposed to offer me a €175 cash for each day I am waiting for my car OR If I keep the loaner car (Cayenne) they compensate €100 cash every day.

So about €3000 a month plus a Cayenne. Not bad IMHO.
If they add an extra extended warranty period I'm happy.

What do you think?

Did you guys already got an compensation offer?
Someone in the 785 already got it.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:04 PM
bakamon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mqandil
Hi bakamon.... Thanks for sharing the details. I am still not clear on item #3 "30% discount from MSRP(w/op) cash refund". Do you mean you asked them to refund you 30% of car MSRP which is around $50K in the US, and they said they would check with PAG and come back to you. I think being able to recover $50K if that's what you mean is great, and if true would allow us to buy a cheap track car to hold us off until our GT3 is back. I am just trying to clarify if this indeed what was discussed and PC is considering it, or perhaps I misunderstood you. Please confirm. Mark
Hi Mark.

About the #1 & #2 I wrote(loaner & pre-day compensation) you can call your PC and ask them is it a truth or not.
The #3 & #4 (30% from MSRP cash refund & 3 years extended warranty) is my request to my PC and it was not be approved yet. They said they will report to PAG and answer me next week. I think PAG didn't decide this part yet and they may not give everyone a same compensation (maybe none) on this part. If they can't satisfy me on this part, I will ask them to buyback my GT3.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

bakamon,

Do I understand this correctly, if they don't give you a 30% discount ($50,000) you are going to ask them for a complete refund?
Old 03-20-2014, 03:14 PM
frayed
Race Car

T

The loaner, is a favor by your dealer. PAG won't pay for their lost on these loaners.
I was told point blank exactly the opposite. PAG is covering the cost of the loaners.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:16 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

^^same here^^
Old 03-20-2014, 03:22 PM
bakamon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
bakamon,

Do I understand this correctly, if they don't give you a 30% discount ($50,000) you are going to ask them for a complete refund?
Hi, Bluehinder,
Yes, of course a complete refund.
Is anyone in the 785 owners can't get a complete refund if he can't accept the replacement?
Old 03-20-2014, 03:37 PM
bakamon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by frayed
I was told point blank exactly the opposite. PAG is covering the cost of the loaners.
PAG won't pay for the cost of loaners in this case but they will let dealers make money.

Quick Reply: Compensation