Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 07:56 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

Eduardo poses some serious ethical breaches on the part of Porsche if his speculations are remotely true. It may be I am naive but I would like to think that I am dealing with an auto company that puts its customers before profit. Despite all the rumors and angst about what Porsche's intentions are, I find comfort in that rather than address the engine issues as they occur, Porsche chose to take the most expensive and PR nightmare imaginable by simply saying they would replace all the engines even though all but two demonstrated no problems after thousands of miles.:thumb up:

If Eduardo is right, Porsche should close its doors.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:14 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've remained pretty calm so far, but I have to say I am starting to get pretty annoyed. My car has a VIN. I just received it from Ian today. It has been sitting at completed V270 status since the start of the stop sale. My latest update shows my delivery in November! Both Ian and my sales rep agree this must be incorrect one way or the other.

I did confirm the same compensation for the 2014's. After prying about the 2015 compensation, I was told they are considering it, but right now there is nothing. Only the 2014's are getting the extended warranty and compensation packages discussed here. 2015 buyers get a 2015 and that's it. I suppose you could argue you get the same options for the same price - really that would be the sport chrono only that gets you something sort of free.....

I am a prime example of Eduardo's scenario, so we shall see what happens.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:44 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

I've posted here several times that Porsches course of action is all based on getting the '14's back in hand. Eduardo I think also nailed it and has explained it much better.

And they have succeeded. if at this point you are holding onto your '14 it's an emotional bond because I don't see you getting compensated properly. Sorry.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:59 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 320 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I've posted here several times that Porsches course of action is all based on getting the '14's back in hand. Eduardo I think also nailed it and has explained it much better.

And they have succeeded. if at this point you are holding onto your '14 it's an emotional bond because I don't see you getting compensated properly. Sorry.
Well, you may be right (emotional bond)...but most car buys at this level ARE emotional. Personally? I just want the car. IF it depreciates, so be it. They ALL do......
I didn't buy it based on what I thought it might be worth in 3 years. And if it looks like 2014's will take some huge HIT...I will lease it.
It's frustrating, and I wish I had an exact date of delivery, but for now? I'll sit tight, take the $2000/month and the warranty extension, AND take my car when it arrives. I didn't expect it until May 16'th, so if it ends up being July......so what?
Old 04-22-2014, 09:01 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

Would be great if PAG just relay info like new engines are at the ports with pics and showing what special equipment to install the motors. This "it'll be swapped but no timeline" is getting old. Just do a freaking blog or something to appease the owners communicationwise. Mike
Old 04-22-2014, 09:03 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

997's never did drop so I hope that continues.
Or you get 6-8-10k compensation for a car that's already 20k worth less.

I'd do what P wants you to do. Give it back, order a 2015.
I at least an glad I can watch where it goes, maybe the cars will be rock solid track monsters and all will be well. In that case I was just careful.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:32 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

I am not going to get into depreciation speculation with posters that have developed a hostility toward Porsche and the GT3. IMO the depreciation will be no different had we took delivery without the engine replacement. If anything it may be even more desirable because of the extended warranty.

This is a one of a kind car for Porsche and the car world. It awards and reviews have been nothing short of spectacular. When the CEO of McLaren (someone who know performance cars) says it's one of the best performance cars he has ever driven what more do buyers need to know?

My view is if anyone is uncomfortable with taking the GT3 because of the engine replacement or whatever, just let it go. I have no doubt that the line of buyers waiting to jump in will be long.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

It's not like 2015 allocations are a dime a dozen even if one wanted to go that way. PCNA has no word on them and won't for quite a while. The best option is likely through a cooperative dealer, but if your dealer already has more way more waiters than he has likely allocations, that's not a slam dunk either.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,432 Likes on 2,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
I have no doubt that the line of buyers waiting to jump in will be long.
Agreed. I expect that demand will continue to exceed supply on this car, all of them will sell without Porsche having to bend over backwards to appease anyone. Their likely priority at this point is to fix the car properly, not rush the process because a handful of people are frustrated by the wait and the lack of definite info - it'll take as long as it takes.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:13 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
It's not like 2015 allocations are a dime a dozen even if one wanted to go that way. PCNA has no word on them and won't for quite a while. The best option is likely through a cooperative dealer, but if your dealer already has more way more waiters than he has likely allocations, that's not a slam dunk either.
Exactly! I specifically posed the question of getting a 2015 if I return the car and PCNA said "as you know, the GT3 is a highly sought after car that always has and always will be made in limited numbers. Porsche can not extend an extra 2015 allocation but others have been able to secure allocations from some dealerships. I would suggest you try with our dealership and see if they can get you a 2015 car".
Old 04-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

There is no way I can believe PAG wants us 2014 adopters to give back our cars. I can not believe this for one minute. Gosh, they gave us brand new loaners, engines, and an extended warranty. Sure, I think they would want the car back if you are still unhappy because they do not want to force any one to keep a car that upsets them. But to misread these gestures is a reach. I think we are all starting to lose our minds a little. The worst thing is that we would probably would get (0) sympathy from the Public if the heard this and they would probably call us all 'brats". But, Porsche does have to recognize that they created this clientele
Old 04-22-2014, 11:46 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Fellow 991 GT3 Stakeholders,

We have today, filed our GT3 Worldwide Action Group Letter of complaint, to Porsche AG senior management. A separate communication has also concurrently been sent to Porsche sales offices and regional distributors across the globe.

This letter was the culmination of an intense collaborative/consultative approach between 100+ x 991 GT3 stakeholders from across the globe via a private forum that was created for this purpose - http://tinyurl.com/GT3-Worldwide-Action-Group

The letter seeks to take PAG to task on the issues of communication and fair treatment across regions, in relation to the 991 GT3 "engine rod bolt recall" and the customers it affects. To the best of our knowledge Porsche AG have not at this time consulted the stakeholders directly with regards to these matters!

We hope you will take some time out of your busy schedules to click on the link below and read what has been submitted to dealers and PAG.

We also urge you, as a 991 GT3 "stakeholder", regardless on whether or not you have been a direct part of the GT3 Worldwide Action Group Forum to press upon your supplying dealer the contents of this communication. Your dealer should be aware of the letter and it may in fact help achieve a satisfactory remedy for you....

Sierra Mike & Macca

A full copy of the communication to both dealers and PAG appears here:
http://tinyurl.com/991GT3-PAGletter
Attached Images  
Old 04-23-2014, 12:50 AM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

deleted

Last edited by KINGSRULE; 04-23-2014 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:51 AM
Gef3rd
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 12 Posts

I talked to my dealer yesterday. I wanted to know if I could make changes to my GT3 order which is status V260 and has a 2014 VIN assigned. I asked him because Tim Quinn informed me via email that this was possible. My dealership confirmed my specs (I updated them) but the update never made it to the factory. I also asked him about compensation. Here's what he told me:

1) Any order that was status V250 or greater will be produced as a 2014 model year.

2) Mr. Quinn was incorrect and no changes can be made to my order.

3) My dealership seemed quite eager to have me cancel my order and get me a 2015 with the correct specs.

4) The only people Porsche would compensate are people who have delivered cars. They would only be compensated for financing payments made by customer during the time they were without the car OR Porsche would buy the car back.

There are quite a few members who stated they received calls from Porsche and they were being compensated $2,000/month for the period from their expected delivery date to their actual delivery date. Can someone confirm this and tell me who their contact is? Thanks.

George

P.S. I'm in the group with Macca
Old 04-23-2014, 12:58 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GJ
You barked way too soon....

This will go nowhere
Thanks for your vote of confidence!

Excuse me for taking this personally but having dedicated a large chunk of the last two weeks of my time on this with many, many others Im curious as to your statement. When does your dog stop rolling over and start barking?

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?