Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

I would take the deal in a heart beat. You've waited this long what's a few more months and to have a 2015 with some extra cash.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:06 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're hoping not to be on the tail end of a list of other MY2015 buyers? ... Or is your dealer promising you a guaranteed allocation now? We are all wondering as to the size of the MY2015 production ....
Old 06-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

I am just going a long for the ride and see how this plays out. They claim I should have my car around 3rd week in Aug. I am enjoying the loaner but I am reading a lot about the 650S/Huracan/ Z07. The problem is that I have lost my lust for the GT3. It was fun when I actually cared and was all excited about the hype ect.- but I do not have that flame any more. When my Buddies ask I just tell them I really do not care any more because I really don't. When the time comes in Aug and I see the car; if there is still no emotion then my Dealer and I will have to make a deal. Do I buy it and flip it back to them after I get my money? Do I refuse it and walk away with no money but had my Loaner for pretty much the driving season here in Chicago??- (I think they would be pissed because they would not get payment for the loaner.) I am going to leave all options open. I actually think those that have cars at the port and getting replacements in July/Aug in a good position to call their own shots. I may also see the car and get excited again. This no longer has to do with a 2014 over a 2015 or about a little spare change that the loaner kind of payed for any way. This comes strictly down to does this car still stir my senses any more. I can not answer that now and with the short driving season we have here in Chicago it is not like I can enjoy it Dec-Mar. Sure, you can argue best value for performance but that has never been the motivating factor for me. I am not trying to sound like a downer but it is the truth for me
Old 06-07-2014, 04:55 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I am just going a long for the ride and see how this plays out. They claim I should have my car around 3rd week in Aug. I am enjoying the loaner but I am reading a lot about the 650S/Huracan/ Z07. The problem is that I have lost my lust for the GT3. It was fun when I actually cared and was all excited about the hype ect.- but I do not have that flame any more. When my Buddies ask I just tell them I really do not care any more because I really don't. When the time comes in Aug and I see the car; if there is still no emotion then my Dealer and I will have to make a deal. Do I buy it and flip it back to them after I get my money? Do I refuse it and walk away with no money but had my Loaner for pretty much the driving season here in Chicago??- (I think they would be pissed because they would not get payment for the loaner.) I am going to leave all options open. I actually think those that have cars at the port and getting replacements in July/Aug in a good position to call their own shots. I may also see the car and get excited again. This no longer has to do with a 2014 over a 2015 or about a little spare change that the loaner kind of payed for any way. This comes strictly down to does this car still stir my senses any more. I can not answer that now and with the short driving season we have here in Chicago it is not like I can enjoy it Dec-Mar. Sure, you can argue best value for performance but that has never been the motivating factor for me. I am not trying to sound like a downer but it is the truth for me
I hear you, Jim--and I think you and I are basically on the same schedule at this point.

For me, being in SoCal, driving season is 365 days a year essentially--so it's much easier for me to decide to keep the car. I will say that if there is yet another significant setback, then even I will start to lose that passion.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Too bad, Jimmy, that you haven't yet had a chance to actually drive the car for a while. It does wonders for maintaining the "lust factor"....
Old 06-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
My dealer has offered me the following: Take delivery and sell the car back immediately and get my compensation from Porsche. Then order a 2015. Strongly considering that option. This way the only "thing" i lose is the 1 year warranty and I don't keep cars that long. If you are asking about the sales tax impact there would be none as I would use the trade on the 2014 (the sales tax I pay) as a credit on the sales tax liability for the 2015.
Is he buying it back from you for MSRP? If so, he must be confident that he can sell a used 2014 with a swapped engine for several thousand dollars more than a new 2015. If so, all the people who were worried about "excess" depreciation and "tainted" cars should rest easy now.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zucc, he would buy it at the then market price. My guess there is always a better market price than a dealer will offer.

I'm in a good spot as I can keep the 14 and then order a 15 and trade the 14 when the 15 arrives.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
Zucc, he would buy it at the then market price. My guess there is always a better market price than a dealer will offer.

I'm in a good spot as I can keep the 14 and then order a 15 and trade the 14 when the 15 arrives.
Ok, makes sense, thanks.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:28 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

The gt3 is a bargain at 150kish. I saw a c4s today with a 150 window. Not even close in comparison for the same money.

The traded gt3s will be gobbled up as fast as they are put up for sale. My dealer plays hardball, but has plenty of customers that just write checks for what's hot.

The most critical buyers are here on rennlist. And that is not a good sampling of the market IMO.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:31 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
The gt3 is a bargain at 150kish. I saw a c4s today with a 150 window. Not even close in comparison for the same money. The traded gt3s will be gobbled up as fast as they are put up for sale. My dealer plays hardball, but has plenty of customers that just write checks for what's hot. The most critical buyers are here on rennlist. And that is not a good sampling of the market IMO.
So true - I drove the new 4S Targa today for fun, and sticker was $144k as built, and not even close in terms of driving fun. GT3 is so much bang for the buck. No question.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:33 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The gt3 is a bargain at 150kish. I saw a c4s today with a 150 window. Not even close in comparison for the same money. The traded gt3s will be gobbled up as fast as they are put up for sale. My dealer plays hardball, but has plenty of customers that just write checks for what's hot. The most critical buyers are here on rennlist. And that is not a good sampling of the market IMO.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:49 AM
PC Valkyrie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mshahidz
Toronto.
Pfaff, or Downtown? Just curious who did your engine swap.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:49 AM
green
Pro

The gt3 is a bargain at 150kish. I saw a c4s today with a 150 window. Not even close in comparison for the same money.

The traded gt3s will be gobbled up as fast as they are put up for sale. My dealer plays hardball, but has plenty of customers that just write checks for what's hot.

The most critical buyers are here on rennlist. And that is not a good sampling of the market IMO.
Agreed. My GT3 is even cheaper at 143 k, before the 10k expected rebate.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:57 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Curious, your compensation will be around $10,000- $12,000. Would you give up your 2014 to get the 2015 say a month later and forfeit the added one year warranty and $12,000?

I am not sure I would.
No, but I was on a conference call with Ian at one point with other RL'ers including Cat C guys and he said they (switched to 15)were getting the comp too. I know you have heard different, but one of these members will have ordered his car nearly 2 years before finally receiving it this November. Nick he deserves the comp too because he would have taken his 14 and the $12k and he wants the extra year warranty. He has a loaner too.

So I think anyone taking a 14 should get different comp than the comp for a switch to 15. I'm all about my brethren here so I make that statement with some hesitancy. This whole fiasco is about one thing only...timing. Everything gt3 is based on timing deposits, delivery times, engine swap schedules, re-delivery, and compensation. It's a totally different situation when you make the assumption that switched to 15 guys don't get loaners and comp, but......

Clocked is in a 2nd position with a dealer that could likely make that commitment on a 15 except what guarantee is there that Porsche will supply the additional allocations. Perhaps closer to August we will have a better understanding of 15 allocations beyond the switched 14's, but who knows? I'm sure Porsche would never leave us guessing about anything important :-(
Old 06-08-2014, 02:31 AM
mshahidz
Advanced

Originally Posted by PC Valkyrie
Pfaff, or Downtown? Just curious who did your engine swap.
DFC. They did the swap in house - we're moving all our service over to Pfaff right after we get the car back though -

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?