Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 01:33 AM
Eronbo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wholeheartedly applaud the group effort! I only wish I had known of it earlier so I could have actively participated. Porsche's customer service on the GT3 has been abysmal!! Thanks for the effort getting the message of dissatisfaction directly to the CEO of Porsche. By the way, I had a good friend in Birmingham last week doing the GT3 Cup driving. Here is his redacted report (I deleted his name):

• Everyone is on pretty consistent ‘lock-down’ on discussing.
• Everyone referred me to Tim Quinn (sp) who is VP After Sales.
• Everyone was pretty adamant that GT3 buyers are the VIP’s of Porsche customers and that Porsche wanted to make sure they took care of this customer
• It sounds like they were aware of the ‘Concierge’ offering and made it sound to me like a loaner 911 and $1-$2k per month stipend for the hassle plus an extra year of warranty.
• There was discussion about the ‘Authenticity and Certification’ of the car and the engine and what the future looked like (my words) which drew a pretty consistent tone of “it will be certified and authentic” but no one could respond to my stated concern about resale. Duh!
• it appeared to me that the ‘Concierge’ offer had negotiating room.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:35 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Fellow 991 GT3 Stakeholders,

We have today, filed our GT3 Worldwide Action Group Letter of complaint, to Porsche AG senior management. A separate communication has also concurrently been sent to Porsche sales offices and regional distributors across the globe.

This letter was the culmination of an intense collaborative/consultative approach between 100+ x 991 GT3 stakeholders from across the globe via a private forum that was created for this purpose - http://tinyurl.com/GT3-Worldwide-Action-Group

The letter seeks to take PAG to task on the issues of communication and fair treatment across regions, in relation to the 991 GT3 "engine rod bolt recall" and the customers it affects. To the best of our knowledge Porsche AG have not at this time consulted the stakeholders directly with regards to these matters!

We hope you will take some time out of your busy schedules to click on the link below and read what has been submitted to dealers and PAG.

We also urge you, as a 991 GT3 "stakeholder", regardless on whether or not you have been a direct part of the GT3 Worldwide Action Group Forum to press upon your supplying dealer the contents of this communication. Your dealer should be aware of the letter and it may in fact help achieve a satisfactory remedy for you....

Sierra Mike & Macca

A full copy of the communication to both dealers and PAG appears here:
http://tinyurl.com/991GT3-PAGletter
Thanks again Macca. Its people like you who make a difference in this world. Its easy to lay low and have people have their way with you but it requires ***** to step up to the plate and make a difference. Way to go Mate!
Old 04-23-2014, 02:02 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Gents. The reward is in being part of this great community which has become like an extension of my lounge (my wife would whole heartedly agree!).

Many people have helped to make this happen, not least of all Sierra Mike and without the input of our members it would be a hollow gesture.

I have posted the communication on half a dozen global 991 GT3 threads on different boards I am a member including a German one and European one. The second round of dealer emails has gone out via Mailchimp. The rate the letter is being opened is escalating and tracking indicates its starting to be widely distributed. We imagine it should find its mark pretty soon.

Ive championed this product from the get go. Placed my deposit in Sept 2012. Picked up one of the early cars in the first few days of December 2013. I spent 30 days driving it in Europe and dedicated a fair chunk of my evenings to posting what was probably the worlds first widely published (3 different boards) owners review including videos....

Heres a little message to you Mr PAG if you are hanging out here and reading this. We are the passion behind your brand. Many of us live and breath Porsche. We want to believe in your product and want it to be the very best it can be. The 991 GT3 had a difficult and controversial birth. Those of us who have followed the product to this point deserve more than we are being given. By that I mean inclusion /communication and hardship consideration. Do the right thing PAG - look after us - keep us close to you as we are the core of the values by which you appear to be increasingly thinly trading upon....
Old 04-23-2014, 02:37 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Thanks again Macca. Its people like you who make a difference in this world. Its easy to lay low and have people have their way with you but it requires ***** to step up to the plate and make a difference. Way to go Mate!
Can't add anything to that. +1 in spades.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:34 AM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

@ Macca:

Thanks again my friend for all your efforst + 1000!!!!

Peter

PS: I am still all in - but have to admit that my frustration and espcially concerns are growing. The way PAG is acting is for me a sign that something not so good is going on - my German 0.02 $
Old 04-23-2014, 04:40 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks Peter. Hope your business trip is going well. Have to admit I think you may be right that there is still some trouble in paradise. People here are growing impatient. All the more reason they need to start treating us right I feel.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:52 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silverrules
+1

Macca...bravo
Old 04-23-2014, 06:24 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
The last e-mail we received said they would begin producing the new engines "the week of April 22nd". They didn't name a specific day.
In UK the letters and emails simply said after Easter, which could of course mean 2018!

Sent from my mobile using Rennlist
Old 04-23-2014, 09:04 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Macca--Thank you for doing this. Can't imagine the effort and work it took. Greatly appreciated.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:08 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Macca--Thank you for doing this. Can't imagine the effort and work it took. Greatly appreciated.
Couldn't agree more! Spoke to Porsche UK this morning and asked about compensation and they still say then haven't heard anything about it.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks Paul. PGB definitely have our letter.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:59 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed, thanks so much for the hard work.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:09 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

+1 Talk about a work of passion form Macca and the rest to put this into action.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

I will be the first to admit that I was skeptical that sending a letter to Porsche would result in Porsche doing anything other than what they have done. That said, after reviewing the letter and its tenor Porsche would be insane not to take some action to rectify the disparity between regions and stakeholders. GT3 owners are the Porsche brand ambassadors and to ignore them would be a huge mistake.

Mark and Mike have done a superlative job in capturing the mood of the GT3 stakeholders and articulating what would be fair and reasonable given what we have been put through. Since the day we ordered our cars there have been constant delays. The experience has been torturous.
Buying a Porsche should not be an exercise in agony.

Mark, Mike you have my appreciation and support. Porsche please listen. This is important to all of us.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:27 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
I will be the first to admit that I was skeptical that sending a letter to Porsche would result in Porsche doing anything other than what they have done. That said, after reviewing the letter and its tenor Porsche would be insane not to take some action to rectify the disparity between regions and stakeholders. GT3 owners are the Porsche brand ambassadors and to ignore them would be a huge mistake. Mark and Mike have done a superlative job in capturing the mood of the GT3 stakeholders and articulating what would be fair and reasonable given what we have been put through. Since the day we ordered our cars there have been constant delays. The experience has been torturous. Buying a Porsche should not be an exercise in agony. Mark, Mike you have my appreciation and support. Porsche please listen. This is important to all of us.
+1

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?