Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Eronbo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car has been on the dock in San Diego for soon to be two months. I have not yet received a call. In fact, I did not receive the call promised in the first email. The customer service from Porsche has been second rate. I have absolutely no idea when my car will be available. Candidly, my interest in getting the car is diminishing daily. I am looking at options.....thinking that I may keep my 2012 Carrera S and buy a 1973 911S. If I do that I will be ahead of the game in five years. Not so with the GT3
Old 04-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Fadi1
Pro

Originally Posted by Eronbo
My car has been on the dock in San Diego for soon to be two months. I have not yet received a call. In fact, I did not receive the call promised in the first email. The customer service from Porsche has been second rate. I have absolutely no idea when my car will be available. Candidly, my interest in getting the car is diminishing daily. I am looking at options.....thinking that I may keep my 2012 Carrera S and buy a 1973 911S. If I do that I will be ahead of the game in five years. Not so with the GT3
It's strange that you've never been called...how about you call them. Did you? I'm not as active as some of the folks on RL but I called once and that made a big difference...I'm hanging on for my GT3
Old 04-20-2014, 02:56 PM
PDK4me
Track Day

My car is still in Emden, since late January. I had not received the latest email, nor a call. I spoke with my dealer, no real info so I decided to call PNA myself. The person on the phone finally provided some viable information including that I should be expecting a call from a Porsche concierge which I did. A loaner 911 as well as $2k/mo prorated from my delivery date until I take delivery of my GT3 with the new engine is being arranged. So just as Fadi1 says, it seems to make a difference and I too am "all in".
Old 04-20-2014, 05:50 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Let the GT3 Resurrection begin.. Happy Easter. Cant wait to find out how the engine builds go this week. Someone mentioned his Turbo was delayed, thus maybe they will allocate factory resources to get the GT3's built !!!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

I am hoping to see her shortly. I figure since they will be pumping out GT3 engines and also air freighting them; then may be a possibility some time in June. I also wonder if they are just going to devote a full line on GT3 engines. I figure that the highest level of diligence will be exercised on these engines to ensure perfection. They can not afford a slip up especially with the RS around the corner. I read some where the other day the RS engine will not be a turbo but the GT3 engine with more ponies 500+.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:15 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

the motors are built on a computer controlled line, by hand, didn't someone say on Rennteam they were hot testing these too? (doubtful)
Old 04-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

^ I have to believe they will be doing random testing. I know its been tough for us all but this has been an embarrassing nightmare for Porsche. The know you do not get another chance here. Too much on the line.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:43 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

the tour guide said that they did cold testing on some motors and ran the motors up to speed electrically and it was just as good as hot testing, Im old enough to remember seeing motors hot tested exhausts glowing and leaving the testing room still warm
Old 04-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Good info.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:31 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You have to wonder if we are the only ones who have stopped driving the 991 GT3?

http://www.autogespot.com/porsche/991-gt3/spots
Old 04-21-2014, 12:46 AM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
You have to wonder if we are the only ones who have stopped driving the 991 GT3?

Funny I was thinking the same thing.....
Some great pics.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca

Yeah, I keep being tempted to take mine out of the garage for a run. But then I think, what if ANYTHING at all goes wrong, how do I explain to Porsche why they should honor the warranty? The stress would take away most of the fun. Just have to wait....
Old 04-21-2014, 01:27 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All those are being driven by the Porsche Executives. They are our cars that have been put into the executive fleet!!
Old 04-21-2014, 03:16 AM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gents:

Latest rumors here in Germany - I have heard last week at my dealer (southwest of Stuttgart) - are that they have been surprised by the delay to build the motors. Start of building them should have happened approx. 2 weeks ago (several cars from the dealer already have been brought back to PAG some time ago) but got delayed again. Also other strong indications were given that this shoudl have already happened!

Information was also that motors are still running more or less day and night on test stands at all possible locations PAG has (Weissach, Zuffenhausen) and are constantly tested. Seems that first results have been not as good as wished for which caused the extra delay.

More rumors say that the rod screws might not be the only problem of the engine and that they are also working on the issue of vibrations ……

Its rumors – I do not have a solid source for this stuff but I learned the hard way that most of the rumors around this case unfortunately became reality. I guess there is a reason why so many cars have been pushed to MY2015 …..

Let’s hope for the best but I have to admit that my level of frustration is growing . I will seek legal advice from my lawyer when I am back from a business trip in roughly two weeks. And in between I am trying to rent a car for the summer.

Sorry for no better news from here!

Peter

Last edited by Peterfirst; 04-21-2014 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-21-2014, 03:51 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Peterfirst
Gents:

Latest rumors here in Germany - I have heard last week at my dealer (southwest of Stuttgart) - are that they have been surprised by the delay to build the motors. Start of building them should have happened approx. 2 weeks ago (several cars from the dealer already have been brought back to PAG some time ago) but got delayed again. Also other strong indications were given that this shoudl have already happened!

Information was also that motors are still running more or less day and night on test stands at all possible locations PAG has (Weissach, Zuffenhausen) and are constantly tested. Seems that first results have been not as good as wished for which caused the extra delay.

More rumors say that the rod screws might not be the only problem of the engine and that they are also working on the issue of vibrations ……

Its rumors – I do not have a solid source for this stuff but I learned the hard way that most of the rumors around this case unfortunately became reality. I guess there is a reason why so many cars have been pushed to MY2015 …..

Let’s hope for the best but I have to admit that my level of frustration is growing . I will seek legal advice from my lawyer when I am back from a business trip in roughly two weeks. And in between I am trying to rent a car for the summer.

Sorry for no better news from here!

Peter
Thx for the info.. I don't think your lawyers can help fix the engine. The engineers will fix it. It takes time to do it correctly. LOL

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?