Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 11:19 PM
plasticsdoc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eduardo I spoke with my dealer yesterday about the status of my car, as I thought the window for change was 07/07 for november delivery and september build. He informed me that porsche had extended the window for change until september however interestingly moved delivery to dealer up to late October. Dealer also told me paint to sample window was closed except Black and a blue, that seemed odd. He also mentioned that push back on paint to sample was six weeks. Also reiterated no more allocations and cited supply chain and that limited capacity of all "GT" cars were an issue stopping further allocations, he mentioned the need to ramp up GT4 production. However, yes he did say PTS with the two color exceptions was closed.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:58 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default PTS Window Closes on 991 gt3 RS...

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I haven't heard anything more about PTS in Europe. But visited my dealer in Sweden a couple of weeks back to look at some colors and they informed me that UV is definitely coming to an end in November. Hopefully they can find a way to sort this PTS thing out. It really brings another dimension to these cars with PTS, and I really appreciate all the info you post here. Color is fun.
Color is indeed fun. Thanks for your post 997rs4.0!

Originally Posted by plasticsdoc
Eduardo I spoke with my dealer yesterday about the status of my car, as I thought the window for change was 07/07 for november delivery and september build. He informed me that porsche had extended the window for change until september however interestingly moved delivery to dealer up to late October. Dealer also told me paint to sample window was closed except Black and a blue, that seemed odd. He also mentioned that push back on paint to sample was six weeks. Also reiterated no more allocations and cited supply chain and that limited capacity of all "GT" cars were an issue stopping further allocations, he mentioned the need to ramp up GT4 production. However, yes he did say PTS with the two color exceptions was closed.
We have also heard 'Racing Yellow' added to 'Black' & some sort of 'Blue'. Some think it's 'Maritime'. Others report it's 'Mexico Blue'. I would think the latter since that is a more popular & requested PTS color! The other two are standard no cost colors on the 991 gt3 & other Porsche models...but will be available as PTS for $5500 on the RS!

Thanks for your post Doc!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-10-2015, 12:10 AM
plasticsdoc
Advanced

You are correct he did also mention Yellow. By any chance can you help me find my old 4.0 #362. I think was sold to someone in Iraq via a second home in Houston.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:34 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Sold it to someone in Iraq?

Originally Posted by plasticsdoc
By any chance can you help me find my old 4.0 #362. I think was sold to someone in Iraq via a second home in Houston.
Found it...no problem. It was last seen in a cloud of dust heading out of Ramadi with an ISIS Toyota pickup in hot pursuit!

Normally a gt3 RS, especially with a 4.0 motor, would leave it in that dust! But unfortunately, the Toyota pickup had a 23mm mounted anti-aircraft gun!

Mark Donahue would have called it 'The Unfair Advantage'. So kiss your 4.0 #362 goodbye, Doc. Next time, just sell your hot Porsches to Mooty. He is local and chances are you'll be able to buy it back after he has his fun with it.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-10-2015, 12:43 AM
ToyGuyAZ
Banned

The new blue is Miami Blue (IMO looks to be an old VW color)
Old 07-10-2015, 01:10 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Say what? 'Miami Blau'?

Originally Posted by ToyGuyAZ
The new blue is Miami Blue (IMO looks to be an old VW color)
You got to be kidding?

************************************************************************ ********************
Update:

Originally Posted by Z356
My sources in Europe are reporting to me via email. Supposedly the new Porsche 'Miami Blue' is closer to an older VW color called 'Taubenblau', which has been also called 'Dove Blue'. My source is telling me that the "best way to describe the colour would be blue with a lot of grey!"

Googles comes up with a few VW examples (VW color L31)... take your pick! At least it gives you an idea of the possible new color Porsche has in mind for us!

Also, on the question of these three additional colors for the 991 gt3 RS, Porsche will categorize 'Black', 'Racing Yellow' & 'Miami Blue' as 'Special Color' (Sonderfarben) and limit the cost of them to the normal US $3,140. So these are not going to be considered PTS nor will they be priced accordingly at US$5500!

Finally, our source reports that "the PTS building dates will go on into spring and to the end of production sheduled to April May 2016. At the moment Ultraviolet is only planed until November 2015 built."

I thank our European friend for that 'news flash'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

For more information, follow the story at the PTS reference thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...gt3-rs-31.html

Last edited by Z356; 07-10-2015 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Updated news on new color!
Old 07-10-2015, 10:51 AM
maxt
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks like Euro Deliveries for US cars have started! Friend just sent me a picture from the Nurburgring of a white US Spec RS with typical export plate!
Old 07-10-2015, 12:06 PM
MoeGt3
Racer

The RS test mule spied on the Nurburgring. Again?!

http://www.gtspirit.com/2015/07/10/p...e-nurburgring/
Old 07-11-2015, 12:00 AM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine was at Emden over a week ago and no word on ship assignment. Allan
Old 07-12-2015, 01:11 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

So what are the earliest US RS arrivals?

Can't wait to see one
Old 07-12-2015, 02:38 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
So what are the earliest US RS arrivals? Can't wait to see one
Someone on 6 Speed posted a picture of a lava orange RS at the RI port. They also said there were a bunch of GT4 there also.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 11 Posts

Is there any news of additional RS allocations yet? I am next on my dealer's list. The other day my sales rep said that according to the factory rep I have a "reasonable" chance of getting one. I'm not getting too excited but its fun to think about.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:08 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
Is there any news of additional RS allocations yet? I am next on my dealer's list. The other day my sales rep said that according to the factory rep I have a "reasonable" chance of getting one. I'm not getting too excited but its fun to think about.
more than reasonable next batch you ll get yours
Old 07-13-2015, 11:26 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
same boat as you. Also hope for the best. Believe that we will get them.

However someone just posted in the other thread next round of allocations is going back to 918 customers which absolutely makes 0 sense.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:39 AM
oc997
Racer

Originally Posted by poofyo101
same boat as you. Also hope for the best. Believe that we will get them.

However someone just posted in the other thread next round of allocations is going back to 918 customers which absolutely makes 0 sense.
Yes I agree it makes no sense but this is from a pretty reliable source from Porsche Germany who works at corporate.

Let's hope it's wrong but there are some 918 owners that missed the boat on the RS and now want to jump on it and it seems that Porsche is making a small batch just to make these owners happy as they did not originally plan to make anymore RS .1 models past next year as they are tooling for new .2 models.

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread