Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 06:49 PM
major dad
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I got my PTS 997.2 RS in Porsche Green I had to take black uprights mirrors and wheels, and they charged me extra for the privlage. I assume it's still the same !
Old 06-08-2015, 07:03 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Side indicators to amber is logical for them to switch back due to import regulations of US spec cars. But something that is cosmetic, like black uprights vs silver uprights, doesn't require it. And neither does the removal of stickers on the windshield. I had all of my Swiss Motorway tax sticker (vignette) on all of my five European Deliveries and none were removed by the Porsche handlers at port before being shipped back to the US!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
What!!! I had a cool 'Ring sticker on my side window.......gone. I asked about a clear bra and they said it would be removed (they fixed all the little paint chips at some point anyways) I get the amber side indicators......makes sense, but my little 'Ring sticker? Wonder if they would let the Roll cage through......I have a feeling no go....
Old 06-08-2015, 07:45 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,623 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Peter, do all PTS cars get the black uprights, and black wheels, or is it just for the color you selected?
Black uprights and platinum wheels are forced, I paid for black wheels so hopefully someone with a purple car will swap matte aluminum with me.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:45 PM
home7271
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if this been posted.... I think the GT Silver looks great!

Old 06-08-2015, 07:46 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by race7117
What!!! I had a cool 'Ring sticker on my side window.......gone. I asked about a clear bra and they said it would be removed (they fixed all the little paint chips at some point anyways) I get the amber side indicators......makes sense, but my little 'Ring sticker? Wonder if they would let the Roll cage through......I have a feeling no go....
****, so no clear bra?

I better take a few rolls of track tape with me. The roll bar will have to go. It will be hidden under the carpets.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 948 Posts

5:49 of Ultraviolet

And tracking:
Old 06-08-2015, 08:26 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

PTS or UV.

Can't go wrong with UV and save the headache of dealing with Porsche.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:53 PM
MattK494
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
White looks amazing. Ultraviolet surprised me though. I really like it. Fun thread, guys. I'm living vicariously through you all. Hope someone goes signal green with PTS!
Old 06-08-2015, 08:54 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, at Peter
Old 06-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
PTS or UV.

Can't go wrong with UV and save the headache of dealing with Porsche.
Completely agree. No lose scenario.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Roll Cages & Clear Bra installs during Euro Delivery...

Originally Posted by race7117
No to the roll cage...that's not kosher with US DOT due to possible head impact (without a helmet) in normal driving situation. That is why that is not offered by Porsche in the US. PAG is exporting your Euro Delivery car back to you in the US and certifying to US authorities it meets all regulations here. You are not importing it...PCNA is importing it for you! PCNA has to meet the US regulation since they are the importers. So both exporters and importers are on the hook...you are just along for the ride during ED over there but play little part in the export/import deal with the US govt!

****, so no clear bra?

I better take a few rolls of track tape with me. The roll bar will have to go. It will be hidden under the carpets.
Believe it or not, a fellow from Seattle that was picking up a new E63 AMG S wagon did just that on his Euro Delivery at Sindelfingen. He brought with him a roll of XPel 'tracwrap' and used it to cover the front of his Mercedes before taken off on his European vacation:

By the way, Mercedes is not shy about marketing their 'armored' option on certain models of their sedans and SUV's. I am sure some of you noticed their 'bullet proof' door & window glass display at the Sindelfingen delivery center on the photo above:

Here is an example of their 'armored' Guard products:
http://blog.caranddriver.com/new-arm...ou-can-muster/

These armored MBs are big seller in the Middle East & South America. But something tells me they will also start selling very well soon in NYC, Oakland & Baltimore!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS In case any of you are wondering, the color on the AMB wagon is designo 'Mystic Brown'.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:53 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Believe it or not, a fellow from Seattle that was picking up a new E63 AMG S wagon did just that on his Euro Delivery at Sindelfingen. He brought with him a roll of XPel 'tracwrap' and used it to cover the front of his Mercedes before taken off on his European vacation
This is the only way I would consider ED for an RS, but it still makes me nervous of paint damage!

Not sure I posted this UV pict or not, from my dealer:
Old 06-08-2015, 09:55 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Thanks Eduardo, track tape it is.

If I install the bar it is to fit it in the car and remove and ship ready for e-install in the states.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:02 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Eduardo, track tape it is.

If I install the bar it is to fit it in the car and remove and ship ready for e-install in the states.
This could be a good way to get the needed body mounting plates??
Old 06-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just a friendly observation. You North Americans are way to paranoid about stone chips . The subject is barely discussed on Rennteam or Pistonhreads sites but on Rennlist it takes up acres of the server farm. There's a whole industry that has spawned because of this obsessiveness. They only put paint on cars to protect the metal underneath from oxidising, now we want to put plastic on paint to protect the paint from chipping and some put wax on plastic to stop the plastic from pitting.

Dont Panic. The chip wont hurt you Lol :-)

We drove 4000km across Europe in the GT3 and under UV light inspection before export had three small chips. Their roads are clean and well maintained. Ive not received any noticeable chips at the Nurburgring either but cant speak for Spa.

I know my POV on this is not popular around here but life is too short to be looking after the carpet for the next guy who buys the house

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread