Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 10:26 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Just was married 20 years last week.

Hermes?? WTF..

Chocalate (Leonidas only) or teuscher truffels. Picture below arrived this AM.
I'm not stupid she saw the order for a purple RS witch of course did not go over well.
Like buying panty dropping Lambo.

It's the tought that counts!

If you ordered yet another RS, it will take more...

Book 2 tickets to Paris make reservations for ****ty dinner in the Eiffel Tower, take a photo of the lock you hang on the love bridge or wtf they call it take a walk to Chanel store buy 5k bag and take a photo of her and selfies in front of store. Go to Nice for F1 get her a heli ride to Monaco VIP access to pitlane so she can say hi to girly Alonso and pool view and pit exit and stuff so it looks like a trip for you as well. Less then stupid Hermes bag.

Geez.
I bought my girl a new jeep 4 door custom to her specs last year after I ordered my GT3. No further renumeration will be required for the RS...thankfully...
Old 03-06-2015, 10:40 PM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I married once and i dont recommend it to anyone nor will I ever do it again. Anyone saying it's easy is a MFlyer

If housewives of Melbourbe is any indication, just run..

I just got stupid lucky and as I like to say better luck than smart, charming, good looking or funny...

She's beautiful tall skinny and always on time (German) weirdly she's always egging me on to buy Porsches. No other car is up for debate. Almost daily she bitches at grandpas ,cl550 and Haitian 500E and redneck Ram dually I make her drive. She wants a Cayenne...
One day I should post a photo but no one will believe it and if she'd find out it would take more than truffles to fix it.
At least you can let her know the 500E is really a Porsche in Mercedes clothing
Old 03-07-2015, 12:06 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Haha, trust me i explained it in detail, sent her the wiki link below etc.

She likes the Seat heaters, that's something..
Old 03-07-2015, 12:23 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by irule
looks like the production is limited to 2000 units.

1200 to USA.
Looks like the GT4 will have more unobtanium than RS.

Originally Posted by Mech33
This is in line with a rumor I heard from one of the reps at the Geneva show: he said he expected Porsche to do a limited production "special edition" at the end of this RS production cycled called the "GT3RS Cup" that would be a street legs car with some of the cup bits... interesting...
That's what the RS itself is supposed to be.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:34 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Been with my wife 12 years, I told her I might get 2 RSs she said ok months ago. I told her as a joke last night I might get 3 now, today she asked me if I had secured the 3rd slot yet. She's Australian as well as I, so pretty low maintenance...

Who's the "pretty low maintenance"... you???
Old 03-07-2015, 04:30 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Just was married 20 years last week.

Hermes?? WTF..

Chocalate (Leonidas only) or teuscher truffels. Picture below arrived this AM.
I'm not stupid she saw the order for a purple RS witch of course did not go over well.
Like buying panty dropping Lambo.

It's the tought that counts!

If you ordered yet another RS, it will take more...

Book 2 tickets to Paris make reservations for ****ty dinner in the Eiffel Tower, take a photo of the lock you hang on the love bridge or wtf they call it take a walk to Chanel store buy 5k bag and take a photo of her and selfies in front of store. Go to Nice for F1 get her a heli ride to Monaco VIP access to pitlane so she can say hi to girly Alonso and pool view and pit exit and stuff so it looks like a trip for you as well. Less then stupid Hermes bag.

Geez.
u know your chocolates
teuscher also makes great mochas

Been with my wife 12 years, I told her I might get 2 RSs she said ok months ago. I told her as a joke last night I might get 3 now, today she asked me if I had secured the 3rd slot yet. She's Australian as well as I, so pretty low maintenance...
been with wife for 28 years and i am way less than 50. every car i want, she says no.....
Old 03-07-2015, 07:41 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 997s07
One question I have - why would the lighter front fenders be used if more weight in the front would lessen low speed understeer?
Because there's a huge dynamic difference between more weight (static) and more downforce (dynamic). The former also induces lateral forces that the latter does not. Hence, you're better off with less weight and more downforce.

Make sense?
Old 03-07-2015, 07:45 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Why did Porsche move the Press Launch Event?

They've had some time to prepare for it.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:53 AM
alaint101
Racer

Originally Posted by major dad
Why no paint to sample, or will there be ?
Don't give up. Yesterday, I went to the dealer to write-up the agreement in detail. (Not official order obviously.) I had many questions they were working on and there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Basically, everyone needs to let their dealers know if they want PTS and what color. The regional organizations (PCNA in my case) then need to send in the requests to PAG. It's going to come down to demand. If there is enough demand, then PAG will likely add it, with an expected delay of roughly 6 months. That would imply your order will be pushed out.

In my case, that's perfectly fine because I really enjoy the 3. In fact, I'm not even sure I'll trade it in. Waiting to hear some of the feedback from the first few drives to decide.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:04 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
Anyone know if the RS will be at the NYC autoshow next month? Can't recall if the GT3 was in NY in 2013. If so, I'd assume the RS will be there. Might have to make a trip up if it is.
I can't remember if it was there in 2013 or not, but wasn't there in 2014. I expect the RS to be there given the size and profitability of the US on it due to USD strength. I plan on being there opening day, so happy to let people know from the show.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:13 AM
alaint101
Racer

Originally Posted by Tre
...despite having a deposit in since Aug '13.
If it makes you feel better, I gave my credit card number the day I went in for the 997 4.0... It was that long ago.

This might also help... If the production was going to be limited, we'd already know. If would be in Porsche's interest to let that information out so that they can 'pick' customers. This one will only be limited by time, not volume. So, as many have stated, everyone will get one... Well, perhaps everyone less one, a la Ferrari.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:21 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by alaint101
If it makes you feel better, I gave my credit card number the day I went in for the 997 4.0... It was that long ago.

This might also help... If the production was going to be limited, we'd already know. If would be in Porsche's interest to let that information out so that they can 'pick' customers. This one will only be limited by time, not volume. So, as many have stated, everyone will get one... Well, perhaps everyone less one, a la Ferrari.
I think the time point is interesting - I've been trying to do some Porsche Exclusive options on my car, just brake caliper paint and wingtips and I've been told by my dealer is due too a desire to move cars out as quickly as possible, they're not sure if there will be an exclusive program yet for the car. A few mates with RS slots are also getting the same story from their dealers.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a short run with less customization to push out the typical RS volumes.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Tre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alaint101

Wow, now that's some great advice going forward...put deposit on the next car when picking up the current car

I've been flirting with the idea of finally joining the Porsche family after driving previous RS gens, but thought I missed the boat with the 1.3 (pre release and eventual stop sale) so I took the leap to striving for the 1RS. "At the time", I was #1 on the RS list at a smaller dealership (initial 1.3 allocation after its announcement in 2013 was 3) but don't have a lot of faith I'll stay in that position since I'm not a legacy P-car owner (aka, I'm thinking the dealer might have a Ferrari mindset). But hey, my fingers are crossed that I'll be part of the family this year and can begin to contribute to this great forum!
Old 03-07-2015, 10:33 AM
alaint101
Racer

Unhappy

I think the time point is interesting - I've been trying to do some Porsche Exclusive options on my car, just brake caliper paint and wingtips and I've been told by my dealer is due too a desire to move cars out as quickly as possible, they're not sure if there will be an exclusive program yet for the car.
I discussed this yesterday as part of the 13 questions I had initially sent in. My dealer told me they received confirmation from PCNA that PAG would definitely not offer painted calipers. (That was one of the options I had hoped for.)
Old 03-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Guys . Interesting to see the ideas various people have floated for options and colors . When I got the call from my dealer to give him a build configuration to put in my name I went with Lava , black xenons , basic interior , standard brakes, no lift , no clock , and only the 6 disc CD to go with the basic radio . I'm on the fence about Lava until I see Ultraviolet . With the purple I'd do black headlamps , black wheels and thought I'd ask if it would be possible to do the calipers in ''hippie green 917 '' as a nice contrast to the purple . I've seen many posts about Porsche not being willing to change caliper colors so maybe that would have to be post delivery . I did also kick around GT Silver if I could get Exclusive to do red wheels and spoiler end plates as one of you guys shows in your avatar of a GT3 .Maybe the GT3RS logo in red too if possible. Having said the above ; in a perfect world I'd do PTS . I'd pay whatever cost they throw at me and endure whatever delay it involved . I'll probably get called in for the sit down late next week or early the next so I'll press my case for the PTS .

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread