GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

D -9...... ...!
Old 02-22-2015, 05:46 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So who from this singular list of RS enthusiasts will be making the journey to Geneva?
Old 02-22-2015, 05:58 AM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill_C4S
So who from this singular list of RS enthusiasts will be making the journey to Geneva?
^me
Old 02-22-2015, 06:16 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Re: Interior Deviating Stitching in the 991 gt3 RS

Here is what the leaked 'embargo' specifications are for the interior:

Per above, the standard default interior of the upcoming 991 gt3 RS is 'black/alcantara' with 'GT Silver' deviating stitching.

I predict that Porsche will offer as an option a black leather/alcantara interior with 'ORANGE' deviating stitching to go with the 'Lava/Blutorange' exterior expected to be available as a 'special color' option on the 991 gt3 RS. And it might also be attractive on a 'White' or 'GT Silver' exterior gt3 RS...so an interesting deviating interior stitching choice that might go well with at least three of the four exterior colors to expected to be offered.

Here are my reasons for making this prediction:

Porsche initially offered two deviating stitching colors on the 991 gt3. They are 'Platinum Grey' and 'Red'. When the 981 gts was introduced, the 'Black/alcantara' interior was offered in 'Rhodium Silver' & 'Carmine Red'. Recently the 991 gts with similar 'black/alcantara' interiors was also offered with deviating stitching in 'Rhodium Silver' & 'Carmine Red'. And last week, when the Cayman GT4 was announced, its 'black/alcantara' interior was revealed to be available in 'Platinum Grey', Guards Red' and 'Racing Yellow' deviating stitching!

What does that tell you? That 'Porsche Exclusive' is expanding on the colors that are being used for deviating stitching in their gt interior line up. And thus, it's very possible we will see a bright 'Lava/Blutorange/Tangerine' deviating stitching introduced in the 991 gt3 RS at its debut. And with striking 'Orange' fabric door pulls to match! And even 'Orange/Black' seat belts from the 918!

Mark my words...

But it would not be the first time 'Orange' was offered as a deviating stitching option on a gt3 RS. That honor goes to the MY2007 and MY2008 .1 997 gt3 RS. In that model, 'orange' stitching was offered as a cost option.

And it was not limited to this one color deviating stitching. 'Green' deviating stitching was also offered as an option in the .1 997 gt3 RS 'black/alcantara' interior to coordinate with the 'RS Green' exterior paint!

Will the 'WhatEverOther' hue offered as the second 'Special Color' also have its own coordinated deviating stitching? It depends. If the color is indeed 'Purple', I doubt it! Only light deviating stitching colors contrast well against a 'black leather & alcantara interior'. 'Purple' stitching on 'black/alcantara' seats, steering wheel, dash & door panels would be pointless since it would be hardly noticed. Interestingly though, the standard 'GT Silver' deviating stitching would go great with a 'Purple' exterior color gt3 RS. It would be very elegant & stylish. If the 'WhatEverOther' special color turns out NOT to be 'Purple' but is instead a bright 70's vintage color, we could well see a second coordinated stitching color to match! In general with the gt3 RS series, the less exterior color choices offered, the better coordinated the RS interiors are to the limited exterior colors offered. A mouthful to say...but I hope you understand the peculiar 'Porsche Exclusive' logic behind it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Last edited by Z356; 02-22-2015 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:35 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

I'm going there on the 6th.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:23 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,863 Likes on 963 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
I don't expect Porsche to offer 'Satin over Gloss' on this model at the present time. And if they were to experiment with 'Satin' or 'Frost' paints, I don't think they would chose to do it with a model that will rely so heavily in subcontracted body panels (like this gt3 RS) that are assembled & painted off-site rather than at Porsche's own in-house factory paint facilities in Zuffenhausen.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Thanks for the comments. I'd forgotten about the PTS delay so makes sense there.

One point of clarification: my satin vs gloss comment was referencing wheel finish whereas it sounds like you're addressing the earlier rumored matte body finish. Satin black wheels are already offered on models like the GTS and GT4 as you know so not much of stretch to extend to the new RS if they wanted. Just gives a much more purposeful and motorsport-derived look IMO. Unfortunately if I had to guess based on the leaked diecast image we'll be offered Gloss Black as the option.

Otherwise, agree with all your comments. And no question lighter colors will play best on this RS though there will still be those that want to "murder it out" in triple black....
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2015, 08:02 AM
GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I will be there on March 3 to see live at 11.30 am CET the Porsche press conference and the revealing of the new RS
Old 02-22-2015, 08:33 AM
jumpstone
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
I'm going there on the 6th.
Me going on the 5th
Old 02-22-2015, 08:49 AM
WazRS
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by karimgt3
^me
me!
Old 02-22-2015, 10:02 AM
meyerhoffer
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

me 2
Old 02-22-2015, 10:17 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
I don't think they would chose to do it with a model that will rely so heavily in subcontracted body panels (like this gt3 RS) that are assembled & painted off-site rather than at Porsche's own in-house factory paint facilities in Zuffenhausen.
Thanks for the interesting recap of RS colours Eduardo!
Regarding the comment above, are you suggesting the RS will have significantly more outsourced body panels than the GT3? If not, and assuming production numbers will not be an order of magnitude smaller than the GT3, why not offer at least as many colour options as the GT3? Do you think it is more an issue of creating distinction from the lesser 911 lineup through the use of a limited colour palette than of production capacity? I think it would be really great to see black, SB, RY, etc, as options too. And PTS would be SOOOO special on this car. I really hope it becomes available. To my mind, at the very least, it's hard to imagine 918 customers not being offered PTS.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:18 AM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meyerhoffer
me 2
me 3

on the 4th

P
Old 02-22-2015, 10:50 AM
Selvatico
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterfirst
me 3

on the 4th

P
me 4 sure :-) /6th/7th
can't wait
Old 02-22-2015, 11:55 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Look forward to a new track app version
Old 02-22-2015, 12:16 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Look forward to a new track app version
I am sure Porsche will upgrade the app over time, though I am not sure it ever becomes truly good. Chevrolet PDR is much better out of the box. The Porsche Sport Chrono with the goofy lap trigger and need for an external GPS seems gimmicky, overly complex and means GT3 / GT4 / GT3RS owners are the integrators and beta testers.

Ryan

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread