Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 01:44 PM
markow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Is it at MSRP, or over (if you don't mind me asking)?
in austria the dealers are not allowed the charge over MSPR. i shall actually get 6% discount. that said the taxes here are so high (need to take care of the polar bear.....::)), the car will cost me around 250-260K euros with some add-ons. at this point it might be worth while to go for the 458 speciale at 330K euros, particularly since the ferrari dealer will give me a good part exchange value for my 458 italia if i buy another car from him. in other words, the GT3RS needs to be VERY SPECIAL for me to choose it over the speciale. lucky you, in germany, UK, USA...
peter
Old 12-08-2014, 07:18 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Press embargo ends January 12th. I have that memorized.
Sadly, I don't know how likely this looks now given the bucket problems so I think it's still Geneva. One of the dealers I work with was in Atlanta all last week and got nothing new, it wasn't even mentioned and when he asked about it he was told nothing new or different. The other one is there this week - will post any new info when I speak to him on Friday.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:42 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by markow
the car will cost me around 250-260K euros with some add-ons. at this point it might be worth while to go for the 458 speciale at 330K euros, particularly since the ferrari dealer will give me a good part exchange value for my 458 italia if i buy another car from him. in other words, the GT3RS needs to be VERY SPECIAL for me to choose it over the speciale. lucky you, in germany, UK, USA...
peter
For those of us in the USA that purchse price translates to $330,000 USD for a moderately spec'ed GT3. Puts into perspecitvve someones desrie to have this car!! Taxes, Taxes, Taxes...
Old 12-08-2014, 10:23 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm all in on an RS...LOL while dealers don't have official allocations numbers yet, there is only one man ahead of me. He seems to think about 8-12 mos before I have a car from now.
I need a session with a Psychiatrist.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:29 PM
mdkim
Racer

Originally Posted by rockitman
I'm all in on an RS...LOL while dealers don't have official allocations numbers yet, there is only one man ahead of me. He seems to think about 8-12 mos before I have a car from now.
I need a session with a Psychiatrist.
Sweet!!

As I understand it, individual dealers have been told how many allocations they should expect to receive. The rub is that those initial numbers are subject to change until they're set in stone early next year.

Either way, congrats man.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:46 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdkim
Sweet!!

As I understand it, individual dealers have been told how many allocations they should expect to receive. The rub is that those initial numbers are subject to change until they're set in stone early next year.

Either way, congrats man.
My dealer said 2 back in September when I ultimately decided to bag it and ordered the non RS. Apparently no one else stepped up to the plate since then. He may get more, but I feel pretty good being #2. In the end, if it doesn't happen, it wasn't meant to be. I'm sure I will be very happy with the one about to arrive.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:25 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

While "2" might be a safe number for every dealer, no dealer has any fricking clue how many they will get and many dealers will get zero. I find dealers that claim they know are assuming a lot based on historical RS data but allocation methodology will most likely change this go around. They will know when initial allocations start to be awarded and show in the system....until then it's all dream works.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:26 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sccchiii
While "2" might be a safe number for every dealer, no dealer has any fricking clue how many they will get and many dealers will get zero. I find dealers that claim they know are assuming a lot based on historical RS data but allocation methodology will most likely change this go around. They will know when initial allocations start to be awarded and show in the system....until then it's all dream works.

Won't BH get at least half of their 24 car GT3 Allocation ?
Sorry I couldn't help myself. In any event, I hear you. I'm in the game...if it doesn't happen, I will still be a happy camper.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:32 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Won't BH get at least half of their 24 car GT3 Allocation ?
Sorry I couldn't help myself. In any event, I hear you. I'm in the game...if it doesn't happen, I will still be a happy camper.
Well I'm cheering you on...I for one hope you get one.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:40 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Well I'm cheering you on...I for one hope you get one.
Thank you. The color choice will be much easier on this one....probably the polar opposite of the car coming in now.....either Mule Black or FU Fire Orange....
Old 12-09-2014, 12:53 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Thank you. The color choice will be much easier on this one....probably the polar opposite of the car coming in now.....either Mule Black or FU Fire Orange....
At this point, of course assuming they aren't ready spoken for by all the vip 918 owners...I'll literally take a used up RS mule! Based on all the photos coming in there are more mules running around than total future RS production ha ha
Old 12-09-2014, 07:41 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,660 Likes on 771 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
I used the A/C twice in the three years that I owned my 997.2 RS and could easily have done without it. Much prefer to shed the 35-40lbs off the right end of the car.

Everyone has to do what works for them but if you honestly care about street comforts you should be buying a GT3.

That would matter if I cared about resale.

OTOH, go try to find a radio delete & A/C delete 997.1 or .2 RS. Good luck. I would pay a premium if I were in the market
Yes, but GT3 = no RS.
Its too hot down here in the summer...

Originally Posted by Macca
Down under we always order the aircon. I even run with it on in the GT3 on track especially if it is hot or wet. One of the luxuries of having all that go compared to my 993 track car which is windows down air con off. If you don't want the aircon the compressor is half the system weight and at least on the older cars easy to unbolt pull the belt and the hoses easy!
Deleted on my RSA but putting it back in ;-)

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Radio delete
AC delete
Steel brakes
No leather

I like my RS like this. Makes no sense, but looks really cool and makes me feel like the racing driver I would like to be!
Who are we trying to fool! These cars are all about having fun! There is no right way! Just your way. 😄😄😄
Optimal unicorn, agreed. A 4.o is no longer a daily driver.
dime a dozen 991RS is. it will feel like a caddy to me LOL
Old 12-09-2014, 07:58 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey
Trakcar,
got the car in hand will be @ Bocca /Peppy all day tomorrow doing Martini livery and explel/clearplex
Sorry off topic
Deacon
Old 12-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,881 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
got the car in hand will be @ Bocca /Peppy all day tomorrow doing Martini livery and explel/clearplex
Martini's been done. Go psychedelic.
Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2014, 09:55 AM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Allocations to 918 owners do not in any way equal general allocations to the dealer for the RS-- from reports/rumors and talking to my dealers. If the 918 guys don't want it, it may be reallocated to a bigger dealer somewhere else. There is simply no guarantee until you are notified. Lists mean very little from my long experience with such. Cars will go where the good customers and money flow.

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread