Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production has begun!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mike, Factory delivery is now an up-charge on the UK & Euro configurator (roundly 700 Euro). Infact I thought that was the case with every Euro delivery these days but USA clients may have special privilege.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Mike, Factory delivery is now an up-charge on the UK & Euro configurator (roundly 700 Euro). Infact I thought that was the case with every Euro delivery these days but USA clients may have special privilege.
Oh, we're special all right. Our configurator still shows $0 (it used to be $2250). OTOH, 2 weeks insurance and other extras were included before so it may not be all that much of a comparative bargain.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:35 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Why do we pay even less than Europe for European cars... It's been this way for a long time... 15% is a lot!!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:03 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Why do we pay even less than Europe for European cars... It's been this way for a long time... 15% is a lot!!
for car fans no where could be better then the states, people who stack shelves in walmart can afford cars heart surgeons can't down here
Old 11-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hear hear! And the gasoline is way cheap in the USA. Infact we love travelling to the USA everything is cheap there including the greenback!
Old 11-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by No Heel No Toe
for car fans no where could be better then the states, people who stack shelves in walmart can afford cars heart surgeons can't down here
Wow, how much do heart surgeons make in US Dollars in your part of the world?
Old 11-23-2013, 07:12 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Alot! but a GT3 is still 330k AUD or about 315k USD here which is crazy.

I would live in the USA tomorrow if i could move my business there, i have visited the US 24 times and its not enough, great country
Old 11-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

No you're too successful to immigrate, and you'd likely try to do it legally, that's not how it's done!

Typically comparing currencies directly doesn't make a lot of sense if you're not receiving your revenue also in that medium. In most countries where it seems the US cars are cheap their pay scale and other costs of living are much higher as well.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Latest word is that my car, which went into production on 11/14, is still in V260 status. It has a build sheet but that's as far as it's gone. I guess there are others in the same boat, although as reported in other threads there are cars that went into production on the same day as mine but now have VIN's. Oh, well. Nothing I can do but wait....
Old 11-23-2013, 11:11 PM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it have anything to do with the color, ie batches coming out at different times?
Old 11-24-2013, 12:01 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

A fellow Rennlister whose car went into production the same day as mine, and was completed, ordered the same color as I did so I don't think that's it. A guess is that since we've been hearing that more GT3's are being produced relative to other models to catch up on production, maybe some items from suppliers have run short, say PCCB's or front lift components. But I don't really know.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:26 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Latest word is that my car, which went into production on 11/14, is still in V260 status. It has a build sheet but that's as far as it's gone. I guess there are others in the same boat, although as reported in other threads there are cars that went into production on the same day as mine but now have VIN's. Oh, well. Nothing I can do but wait....
Mike. Very interesting news. I too am in the same boat. Very frustrating as I have made travel plans that cannot be changed. My car has been in production for 2 weeks now and although I have a VIN the car is still showing V260 delayed and the dealer cannot tell me when it will be "completed". I was told it was going to be completed week 47 but apparently its been sowing the same status for 2 weeks. The dealer also mentioned perhaps it was component supply but makes no dense as I know cars produced three weeks ago are now with customer (even RHD ones as the first was delivered yesterday to a UK customer). Mines white with no lift or PCCB so its nether of those. All I know is that it wasn't completed today (end of week 47) then it wont be available for me to pick up on 6th Dec as it needs 10 days from production. Its a bit frustrating really...
Old 11-24-2013, 09:19 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike. Very interesting news. I too am in the same boat. Very frustrating as I have made travel plans that cannot be changed. My car has been in production for 2 weeks now and although I have a VIN the car is still showing V260 delayed and the dealer cannot tell me when it will be "completed". I was told it was going to be completed week 47 but apparently its been sowing the same status for 2 weeks. The dealer also mentioned perhaps it was component supply but makes no dense as I know cars produced three weeks ago are now with customer (even RHD ones as the first was delivered yesterday to a UK customer). Mines white with no lift or PCCB so its nether of those. All I know is that it wasn't completed today (end of week 47) then it wont be available for me to pick up on 6th Dec as it needs 10 days from production. Its a bit frustrating really...
^^ These builds can be further along than you see. I have had three of my previous builds appear delayed then arrive at the dealer two- three weeks early. You guys have a much better handle on this than me, but fingers crossed for both of you.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

I was informed yesterday my build date has been pushed back at least one week. My new build date is Jan. 18th but I am not holding my breath.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Macca, for me it's a minor heartburn. It's not like the car won't get built or anything, I just may have to wait a little longer, or not, depending on how this plays out.

Your situation is much different as you are locked into a time frame with your trip. For your sake, mate, I really hope this resolves for you soon.

Quick Reply: Production has begun!