Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place/price for extended Porsche warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2023, 05:42 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 484 Likes on 355 Posts

Yikes... purposely sharing your previous website that does not show the list of excluded vehicles for coverage because your current website DOES show the GT3 RS as an excluded vehicle for Fidelity coverage.... @LavaRS be very careful.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 12-19-2023, 07:17 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Disregard message from HL below - as previously confirmed with Fidelity, if the VIN pulls available coverage in the system, then coverage is 100% eligible and available. This is the only true way to see if a specific vehicle qualifies. The system is live-quoting from Fidelity, therefore if the VIN is allowed to be quoted, it will be active and valid.

Regardless of what anyone says, the system is accurate and will quote accordingly. Disregard the comments, just another disgruntled competitor.

Last edited by SteingoldVolvoCars; 12-19-2023 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2023, 08:58 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You know exactly what you're doing, operating in a gray area at best... I've shared the email from OUR Fidelity dealer source stating the system is indeed not accurate on the 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS and coverage for any VIN should not be populating, you've seen it... I am a "disgruntled competitor" because even though we are following Fidelity's strict requests to not write coverage on the 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, your operation continues to promote such coverage. And when one of these Rennlister's with a 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS goes to use their Fidelity warranty, and the claim is denied, I will have to be doing reputation damage control on Rennlist for a situation that could have been completely avoided had you simply just followed Fidelity's rules of ineligible vehicles FEATURED ON YOUR WEBSITE.
Old 12-20-2023, 08:30 AM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 251 Likes on 154 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
Disregard message from HL below - as previously confirmed with Fidelity, if the VIN pulls available coverage in the system, then coverage is 100% eligible and available. This is the only true way to see if a specific vehicle qualifies. The system is live-quoting from Fidelity, therefore if the VIN is allowed to be quoted, it will be active and valid.

Regardless of what anyone says, the system is accurate and will quote accordingly. Disregard the comments, just another disgruntled competitor.
What is the claim liability limit with Fidelity?
Old 12-20-2023, 08:35 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by parkerfe
What is the claim liability limit with Fidelity?

Snapped the above from the complete terms/conditions here - it’s on page 5: https://p.widencdn.net/nzfjt3/S9599

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 12-20-2023, 10:19 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 699 Likes on 486 Posts

well that's interesting @SteingoldVolvoCars i grabbed this from your website, look at what's excluded. Looks to me like @Highline-Autos.com are correct in their statements to me?
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (12-20-2023)
Old 12-20-2023, 10:39 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Robb M.
well that's interesting @SteingoldVolvoCars i grabbed this from your website, look at what's excluded. Looks to me like @Highline-Autos.com are correct in their statements to me?
Well aware of the exclusion list, but Fidelity has confirmed many times to us that if the system allows a VIN to run and quote accurately, than coverage indeed is available. We’ve confirmed this many times, and be assured, regardless if what any other entity says or comments, if the system quotes and provides options for a specific VIN, then coverage indeed is available and will be honored. Our system is directly connected to Fidelity, therefore all options are being pulled from them directly. Again, if the VIN quotes, coverage is available.
Old 12-20-2023, 10:58 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Well aware of the exclusion list, but Fidelity has confirmed many times to us that if the system allows a VIN to run and quote accurately, than coverage indeed is available. We’ve confirmed this many times, and be assured, regardless if what any other entity says or comments, if the system quotes and provides options for a specific VIN, then coverage indeed is available and will be honored. Our system is directly connected to Fidelity, therefore all options are being pulled from them directly. Again, if the VIN quotes, coverage is available.
Fidelity is aware that their system, where on occasion, is presenting VSC options for vehicles on the exclusion list, and they have confirmed that they will honor the coverage in those instances. It is a system error which they are working on to correct, but in the interim, if coverage populates, the plans will be available for purchase.
Old 12-20-2023, 11:46 AM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Fidelity is aware that their system, where on occasion, is presenting VSC options for vehicles on the exclusion list, and they have confirmed that they will honor the coverage in those instances. It is a system error which they are working on to correct, but in the interim, if coverage populates, the plans will be available for purchase.
Why bother pushing and promoiting the exploit, it just causes more confusion and who knows what issues our Fidelity customers would face down the road...
Old 12-21-2023, 03:21 PM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Snapped the above from the complete terms/conditions here - it’s on page 5: https://p.widencdn.net/nzfjt3/S9599
I obtained an agreement as well - if the exclusion is not listed in there then i would imagine there is no way Fidelity can deny you coverage. Its an 18 page document and no where does it say the vehicle is excluded: https://p.widencdn.net/nzfjt3/S9599 - seems like if its issued by the VIN you are good.
Old 12-21-2023, 04:09 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GTZee
Its an 18 page document and no where does it say the vehicle is excluded.
None of the excluded vehicles are listed in the Terms and Conditions contract, it is a separate document given to us Fidelity retailers.

Terms and Conditions only apply to non-excluded vehicles.

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 12-21-2023 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-21-2023, 04:12 PM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
None of the excluded vehicles are listed in the Terms and Conditions contract, it is a separate document given to us Fidelity retailers.

Terms and Conditions only apply to non-excluded vehicles.
the fact that it’s not in the terms and conditions for the actual buyer means the selling dealer is committing fraud?? I spoke with multiple people at fidelity and nobody has ever heard of claims being denied because of exclusion list. They said if policy is issued based on VIN it will be honored.
SteingoldVolvoCars (12-25-2023)
Old 12-21-2023, 04:16 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GTZee
the fact that it’s not in the terms and conditions for the actual buyer means the selling dealer is committing fraud??
You said it...
Old 12-22-2023, 06:56 PM
nicklausw
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

What companies offer the highest payout on their warranties? My 14' is so good. I don't want to part with it.

My car has not been tracked and won't be tracked, so I see it as less likely to have issues, but also would like to have some peace of mind knowing I have coverage if there was a failure. Pic for attention....

Last edited by nicklausw; 12-22-2023 at 06:58 PM.
911-140.6 (12-24-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 07:31 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by nicklausw
What companies offer the highest payout on their warranties? My 14' is so good. I don't want to part with it.

My car has not been tracked and won't be tracked, so I see it as less likely to have issues, but also would like to have some peace of mind knowing I have coverage if there was a failure. Pic for attention....

When reading therms and conditions you're going to want to see "payouts will not exceed total value of the vehicle", sometimes they'll even be specific like JD power or NADA vehicle value. That will be your highest possible coverage option. Insurance companies do not/will not pay out more than whatever is being insured.

Also are those 991.2 GT2 RS wheels? They look great! I've seen a 911 Turbo w/ GT3 Centerlocks in a similar color combination as yours that looked excellent as well.

Quick Reply: Best place/price for extended Porsche warranty?